Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
People talk about Q9 a lot, but these little rats are the best way to spend 40, 80, or perhaps even 120 points in this game.

Nothing else is as much of a waste of time for your opponent to kill, but if he doesn't, he can't attack anything else either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize in advance if this tactic has already been discussed. At a recent tournament, I saw someone using the Deathreavers in a way I never would've thought to use them: as a target for DW 9000's Explosion Special Attack.

Actually, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone attack their own figures, but to do it in this way is the best risk vs reward I could think of. He would move the rats into position, engaging multiple opponent figures...then use DW 9000 and attack his own rat! Potentially, it could be more damaging than Q9's Queglix attack.

Explosion Special Attack has a range of 7, attack of 3. The rats have a defense of 4, so their survival chances are decent. Since this is a special attack, and not coming from an opponent's figure...they can't scatter. But still, I thought this was a very effective technique.
I'm not sure I understand why he would attack his own units and not just attack the units that the rats are engaged to? Oh, nevermind - he's attacking the opponent and the rat takes (potentially anyway) damage too.

I was confused a moment.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 6th, 2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize in advance if this tactic has already been discussed. At a recent tournament, I saw someone using the Deathreavers in a way I never would've thought to use them: as a target for DW 9000's Explosion Special Attack.

Actually, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone attack their own figures, but to do it in this way is the best risk vs reward I could think of. He would move the rats into position, engaging multiple opponent figures...then use DW 9000 and attack his own rat! Potentially, it could be more damaging than Q9's Queglix attack.

Explosion Special Attack has a range of 7, attack of 3. The rats have a defense of 4, so their survival chances are decent. Since this is a special attack, and not coming from an opponent's figure...they can't scatter. But still, I thought this was a very effective technique.
I'm not sure I understand why he would atatck his own untis and not just attack the units that the rats are engaged to? Oh, nevermind - he's attacking the opponent and the rat takes (potentially anyway) damage too.

I was confused a moment
Apparently you're still confused. He means move a rat into engagement with (between) two enemy figures, then target the rat with the attack. Then, each adjacent figure is also affected...viola! You've attacked both enemy figures, risking only 10 points of your own. Targeting one of the enemy figures only results in that figure and the rat being affected, not both the enemy figures.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Deathreavers, for me, fall into the "so good they are no fun to play" category. I haven't used them in months.

But I like the idea with DW9000.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyhedwig
Deathreavers, for me, fall into the "so good they are no fun to play" category. I haven't used them in months.

But I like the idea with DW9000.
Like many things in life, they are good in moderation.

If you swarm your opponents consistently with 3 or 4 squads of rats in every game, they're not gonna be that fun for long... But 2 squads in an occassional army build is a thing of glee --- not so many that your opponent will grind his own teeth to dust trying to kill the rodents, but enough to glyph grab and throw up an entangling net here and there.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
I haven't used the Deathreavers too often, but they're quickly becoming a personal favorite.

-insert signature here-
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
i think I am the only person who enjoys playing against deathreavers. Assuming you have normal starting zone restrictions, a player with lots of rats is basically forced to go for either expensive squads or expensive heroes.

I'd much prefer to play against an expensive hero with a swarm of rats than 6x stingers or 6x 4th Mass or 6x Aubriens, etc
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:07 AM

MinhBinh has disabled reputation
It wasn't covered in here, so I thought I would ask, but when you scatter with the Rats, you can move them up to four spaces. Does going up one elevation count as two of those spaces, or do you always get to move up to four spaces away?

I've always played as if elevation still counts against those four spaces, so it is a limiting factor. Also, I have played that even if they start and end their movement on road, they only get those four spaces. I know it sounds like these two methods are contrary to each other, but I usually count the side of a hex (of higher elevation) as one space.
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think you're doing it right. That's what I do.
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinhBinh
It wasn't covered in here, so I thought I would ask, but when you scatter with the Rats, you can move them up to four spaces. Does going up one elevation count as two of those spaces, or do you always get to move up to four spaces away?

I've always played as if elevation still counts against those four spaces, so it is a limiting factor. Also, I have played that even if they start and end their movement on road, they only get those four spaces. I know it sounds like these two methods are contrary to each other, but I usually count the side of a hex (of higher elevation) as one space.
You are correct on both. You must count vertical as well as horizontal movement when scattering; it is a normal walking move. And the 4 spaces is a flat value, so no movement bonuses of any kind apply.
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:21 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Yep and the same is true for the ninja abilities.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Deathreavers

For some reason, I have had myself convinced that the attacked rat could not itself move using Scatter, that it had to be two other rats. We've been playing this way at my house for some time. I've read the card plenty of times, but I had a clear memory of it reading "any 2 other Deathreavers." That "other" exists only in my mind.

So... just a public service announcement for anyone else playing them my way: we're wrong!

I have no idea why I thought this. It's not a realism thing ("well, common sense says the attacked rat can't move") or a wishful thinking thing ("well, I liked them better my way"). Just a brain cramp, I guess.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units