Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: How do I get into this game?

He is talking about Value Village, Salvation Army and the like (I Think) I once got a SotM set for 5$ at a second hand shop. I always peek into the games section in these places since sometimes there are gems there among all the kiddy games and monoploy.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 2nd, 2015, 12:23 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
He is talking about Value Village, Salvation Army and the like (I Think) I once got a SotM set for 5$ at a second hand shop. I always peek into the games section in these places since sometimes there are gems there among all the kiddy games and monoploy.
Ah, hadn't even thought of Salvation Army. Good idea. And 5$?? Wow, deal of the century...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old January 2nd, 2015, 02:22 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Craigslist, proxy, and make friends with people with bigger collections.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:20 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Also, explore brick&mortar stores. I have found most of my stuff in "used games" racks for obscenely-low prices.
Just curious, what brick/mortar stores have you visited? I can't seem to find jack didley here in Florida.
My best deals have been in Carbondale Illinois's local gaming store, Castle Perilous. I've also gotten many a too-good-to-be-true deal from people that played it when it first dropped, but don't care about it any more.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:32 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Also, explore brick&mortar stores. I have found most of my stuff in "used games" racks for obscenely-low prices.
Just curious, what brick/mortar stores have you visited? I can't seem to find jack didley here in Florida.
My best deals have been in Carbondale Illinois's local gaming store, Castle Perilous. I've also gotten many a too-good-to-be-true deal from people that played it when it first dropped, but don't care about it any more.
Man...Just not my luck, I guess.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:38 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

My suggestion; Play!

The more you play, the better!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:22 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Hah, reading this made my day.

Castle Perilous has a used copy of the Marvel Set still, for $100. Someone will eventually pick it up, I'm sure.

Next time you're in Carbondale, let me know! -- it'd be fun to have you over for some gaming.
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:32 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:

Castle Perilous has a used copy of the Marvel Set still, for $100. Someone will eventually pick it up, I'm sure.

Next time you're in Carbondale, let me know! -- it'd be fun to have you over for some gaming.
I might actually be going to SIUC for Industrial Technology next year, so I should be up there a lot I also have family up there (my uncle works in the campus museum), so I'm up there fairly frequently.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old September 10th, 2018, 07:05 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I might actually be going to SIUC for Industrial Technology next year, so I should be up there a lot I also have family up there (my uncle works in the campus museum), so I'm up there fairly frequently.
Hah!
Old September 10th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hah!
Hah!, he says, 3.75 years later.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 14th, 2018, 10:45 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

I feel you. I'm just getting back in the game after like 11 years. I sold off my collection back in the day and now I'm slowly rebuilding it from the ground up again... it's a pain and the prices are insane but I think it's worth the investment. I've sold a bunch of music gear to help fund my plasticrack habit.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion