Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 14th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
You guys should check out Runewars Miniatures game then.
Have you tried it? It looks amazing, I love the universe, but I don't know if I can justify buying another game similar to X-Wing, which I've already sunk so much money into with plans for more.
Yes, I've played two games.

It's a mix between X-Wing and Armada rules wise, but definitely it's own thing.

Standard games are 200 pts, the core set is at 100 pts.
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Drowned earth looks pretty and I love the models and terrain. The whole move an inch or 2 thing where you pull out a ruler or guestimate is a turnoff for me. I got in some xwing tonight and that targeting ruler is about as far as I like to go with that.
Well they move more than an inch or two Seems like 6 inches is pretty normal, but you also count vertical movement as well, so when climbing up or down, that counts towards their movement allowance.

I like the 2 dice system, where one will determine pass or fail an attempt at something, while the other die determines if you "nailed it" and get to do something special if you passed the check. There's also reactions, which I've started to like in games, where if a player chooses to save an activation on a model, it can react to an opponent's action. There are also simultaneous results, where both units can be killed or wounded on the same action. You can also shoot at any point of your move, so you can leap off a wall and shoot at a point where you have LoS on the enemy and the land. Pretty cinematic.

But not for everyone of course I like X-Wing too, but haven't played it in a bit.

Quote:
I'm trying to stay away from big army type games with lots of units. And from what I've seen, the base set doesn't seem like it has enough for the type of game it is. So expansions will be necessary of course.

I'm trying to stick with games which only require 5 to 10 figures per side. I already have a lot of time and money invested in Halo Ground Command, which is 15mm large scale army type game, so I'm set there.

Games of interest for me to look into would be The Drowned Earth, Guildball, Bushido, and a few others.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Have you tried it? It looks amazing, I love the universe, but I don't know if I can justify buying another game similar to X-Wing, which I've already sunk so much money into with plans for more.
Yes, I've played two games.

It's a mix between X-Wing and Armada rules wise, but definitely it's own thing.

Standard games are 200 pts, the core set is at 100 pts.
In truth, I've stayed away from Armada because of X-Wing as well. Especially now that I have a couple huge ships, this summer I plan on playing some Epic 300 point matches with my dad.
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I backed at the Get Wet level so far for The Drowned Earth kickstarted that just launched today.

Not sure why the KS page/video isn't coming up, but here is the link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me/description

Last edited by Hahma; April 16th, 2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 05:36 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

So I forgot to mention that Smiths of Winterforge KS relaunched. The original campaign was probably only just going to get funded, but they caught the eye of a larger distributor wanting to the game in a large boardgame format (ala Ticket to Ride), so they pulled the original campaign & reworked the game.

Artwork was enhanced and the KS relaunched in a different format. Only one price point & stretch goals were all about making the retail game better. They did provide a Kickstarter exclusive of metal coins (50 in 1,3 & 5 denominations).

Well there is only 12 hours to go now & they have smashed all stretch goals. The last SG is a cloth bag for each set of the metal coins you get. Did mention that the metal coins are also an add-on ? And that there is no additional shipping cost regardless of the amount of coins you add-on?

It's is a great game, this is what I said earlier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Backed Smiths of Winterforge. It's by Australian designers & I had the pleasure to play it a few times in the late testing phase. It looks a lot prettier now then it did then . I can't describe the game really well but I will give it a go...

You have to gather materials to add to your forge to increase your skill in areas that that will allow you to craft the royal commission. So the materials are cards that you purchase they that are required to complete commissions which is done by rolling dice granted by the materials plus any skill you have in that area. The commissions when completed increase your skills in working with the different materials. The game ends when somebody completes their royal commission. These require a high skill level hence why you are building up your skills taking on other commissions. You can higher assistance, or take out loans along the way.
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you like Civilization/Economic building games, TMG has a Deluxe version of The Flow of History on Indiegogo:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...t/x/16539409#/

Newb.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Well guys, I know my wallet is going to hate me for it, but I missed the first Zombicide Black Plague kickstarter and Zombicide Green Horde is coming online to kickstarter later tonight.(I think around 7 o clock, not sure which time zone) I am already hearing a great buzz in the Massive Darkness Kickstarter forum about it. Oh why do they have to look so cool? My wife is going to kill me.

With it being a CMON kickstarter, you know they are going to crush a whole slew of stretch goals in like an hour, making it that much more painful not to do it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

From CMoN's FB page, the KS campaign for Z:BP Green Horde will start at 3 PM EST.

Not that I'm watching the KS site or anything....

Newb.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

I may check that out, just to lurk. Can't buy it though

Old May 30th, 2017, 11:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here's the video for it. I had to do it. I had to.
Never mind, the Green horde link isn't working.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

From Boardgamegeek just now:

"I have it under good authority that The Great War French expansion is currently in the final stages at the Plastic Soldier Company and that we should see it up on Kickstarter in a month or two. I am sure some alert fan will post when that actually happens.

In regard to what is in the expansion. Yep, there are plenty of French infantry, French mortar teams, French machine gun teams and 12 scenarios that involve the French army. There are a few new terrain types, but the best feature in the expansion, in my opinion, is the additional special personnel figures.

The Plastic Soldier Company, as a bonus, has included in this expansion a set of special personnel figures for each army, French, British and German. Like the bomber special personnel figure already introduced, each of these new special personnel figures when added to a unit will allow the unit to modify its normal actions. The list of special personnel figure types include: Elite, Engineer, Flame-thrower, Heavy Weapons, Light Machine Gun, Marksman, Officer and Spotter. Rather then reveal what each type does, I'll let you speculate for awhile. This should make for some interesting discussions.

But that is not the best part. Some of scenarios in the French expansion already have a number of new special personnel figures deployed, but some scenarios will also require a player to add additional special personnel figures of a players own choosing. The number of additional special personnel figures, if any, a player may deploy for an army is detailed in the scenario’s notes under Personnel.

Official scenarios prior to this expansion, will also require players to deploy a number of special personnel figures. Players should refer to the Scenario Special Personnel Deployment listing that includes all official scenarios to date.

The scenario list recommends the number of special personnel figures to be deployed for each side. Each scenario therefore can be customized by adding a number of special personnel figures of a players own choosing prior to the start of a game. The number listed is in addition to any special personnel bomber figures already deployed in a scenario.

Should players choose to do so and agree prior to a battle, one or more special personnel figures already deployed, can be replaced by another type of special personnel figure.

The main objective here, in addition to adding a tremendous amount of replay value to each scenario, is to provide you and your gaming buddy the opportunity to try different special personnel combinations.

Enough said for now. It will be worth the wait my friends."
Richard Borg

Posted Today 12:03 am

Last edited by chas; June 28th, 2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Nice that it's confirmed Chas. I haven't played The Great War in awhile, so I'll pass on this kickstarter. But it's great that they are continuing to support the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games