Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
IF you had Taelord on the door space (and since you can open the door at anytime) then the Syyvaris thing could work. Imagine, as the enemy approaches, Taelord opens the door and lets out Finn. While Finn is engaged, Taelord continues to open the door so that Syyvaris can crank shots at his attackers, and the opponent knows that when Finn dies, Syyvaris only gets worse.

Might be a fun combo to try on a castle map.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
I dunno about you guys but my friends and I always joke about how bad Sylravis is. I am usually the one to take him, and with a defense of 2, he's gone quickly.... Drake... He's just not worth it without some serious defense boosters around him.

Old May 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
My wife used to clean house with him, but with all the new stuff out she's quit playing him....I gues she's bored of KILLING EVERYTHING WITH HIM!

Syyvaris is still a player my friend. That double attack at height advantage, especially with a little Acolarh love is nice.

Here's a goofy little Syyvaris army I have built recently.

Acolarh 110
Venoc Warlord 120
Syyvaris 100
Elite Onyx Vipers 100
Aubrien Archers 70

Haven't tested it yet , but the concept is something fast and fun.

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

Check me out here:

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Syvarris is still one of our most popular drafts, though not nearly so much since Kaemon Awa came along.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:23 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
In my case, Syvarris is almost always mounted. I've used Theracus quite a few times to haul Syvarris around. He quickly takes the best ground, then he can pound the enemy as they get closer, then Theracus flies him back and the whole thing starts over. The ultimate skirmisher. This combo has easily taken out two to three time it's point value.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Flunked Ebay

I've thought about him with Theracus...and also him with Saylind. He and Dan make the perfect sniping pair. Syvarris for the big guns and Dan for the squads. Evil...

Adam

Check me out here:

Old July 15th, 2007, 04:20 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I played an all Elf team Vs Vamps/Fiends:
Team 1:
Morsbane
Syvarris
Acolarh
Kytenla Gwyn
2x Aubriens
1x Ashra

Team 2:
Cyprien
Sonya
Marcu
Iskra
Rechets
Warden 816
Dumutef guard
Isamu

I began by moving the Aubriens and Syvarris - the completely wiped the floor with the vamps and i didn't even get to use Morsbane or the Ashra!
Syvarris had height advantage and his double attack just annihilated the opponents! It was probably down to the long range attacks but even so the vamps have good movement and still didn't get a chance to overpower the elven archer!
It sort of made me think the Vamps and Fiends aren't as good as they first appear!
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I don't really get Syvarris. I'd much rather spend my points on ranged squads. They have similar defense, and more attacks. AE have similar range, and an easier time of getting to high ground.
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:44 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I played an all Elf team Vs Vamps/Fiends:
Team 1:
Morsbane
Syvarris
Acolarh
Kytenla Gwyn
2x Aubriens
1x Ashra

Team 2:
Cyprien
Sonya
Marcu
Iskra
Rechets
Warden 816
Dumutef guard
Isamu

I began by moving the Aubriens and Syvarris - the completely wiped the floor with the vamps and i didn't even get to use Morsbane or the Ashra!
Syvarris had height advantage and his double attack just annihilated the opponents! It was probably down to the long range attacks but even so the vamps have good movement and still didn't get a chance to overpower the elven archer!
It sort of made me think the Vamps and Fiends aren't as good as they first appear!
Did you get a chance to use Kytenla Gwyn?
Yes but the problem was the Rechets decided to attack her before she could even give any defense to anyone - clever Rechets!
Old October 13th, 2007, 03:20 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation
If you're assaulting a castle and your opponent is using the 4th Mass then if Syvarris finds height then he should be able to lower their numbers enough to allow your other units to approach the door

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:34 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I don't really get Syvarris. I'd much rather spend my points on ranged squads. They have similar defense, and more attacks. AE have similar range, and an easier time of getting to high ground.
You have a very good point. It's actually enlightening, but there is a catch. It's true that the AE will also last longer. If one AE is attacked successfully all excess skulls were useless and only one dies, but Syvarris will be gone and you lost 100 points in one attack right there (ie. assuming 4 skulls were rolled and no shields). You are basically spreading your risk with the AE vs. Syvarris. I guess that the ability of getting 3 or 4 X 2 with range of 9 is still cool, but the AE should own him. They can drop close by and hit him with 3X4 attacks in one turn. Afterall, you can gain instant height advantage like you imply with the easier time of getting to high ground (which becomes a 4X4 attack). In other words, if you need a range squad and can fit up to 110 in your army and have to choose between AE and Syvarris, the AE should be the way to go as it seems that you are getting a squad worth more than just 10 points over Syvarris' 100 and diversify the risk while doing that.

I'm not sure that the AE should only be worth 10 points more. It seems like a 20+ point differential, but here comes the catch: you only have a 40% of getting the AE to the ground in any given round vs. 100% of getting Syvarris to the ground by just placing an order marker on him (unless he gets killed before his turn of course). Which means, if you really need that range in your next round, Syvarris could be the way to go. You have a weaker guarantee of having range if the AE is your only range squad.

One more unique (squad or hero) to consider vs. Syvarris is Guilty. It is worth 30% what Syvarris is worth. However, it has the same defense with 50% the lives and 66.67% the attack on the ground and 75% the attack with height advantage. Syvarris's awsome range is the only thing that gets close to explaining why it is worth 3.33 times one Guilty, and it falls short. Guilty has 77.78% the range of Syvarris (or Syvarris has 1.29 the range of Guilty). Guilty is clearly undervalued when compared to Syvarris on all stats. In other words, if you got 110 points to fill in and need range like stated above - hire Guilty and use the other 80 points to boost some common squads or place Finn next to Guilty. In that case, you get Syvarris attack and Finn to take care of approaching unfriendlies. If you only have 100, you would still be able to spend 70 points in other units such as a whole squad of KoWs for 4th Mass for instance.
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Theracus/syvarris combo. Excellent for getting to the castle in the middle first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units