Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Syvarris

The Book of Syvarris
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Syvarris hails from the forest planet of Feylund, where he was the finest archer in its recorded history. He poses a formidable threat to Ullar's foes, though he may be his own worst enemy as well. Ullar's welcoming gift to Syvarris was the enchanted Bow of Ullar, with its remarkable range and unlimited supply of arrows. To the power of this magical bow, Syvarris adds his own dead-on accuracy to pick off enemies with alarming speed. Yet for all of his mastery, Syvarris has an Achilles Heel: he must struggle against arrogance, recklessness, and a dangerous tendency to compromise his safety while showing off for his fellow warriors. (Hasbro)
    No, once Syvarris attacks one opponent, you can choose any figure within range and attack again. The second figure can be the same figure you attacked the first time, or a different one. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ACOLARH : Leaf of the Home Tree Aura
    As an Elf, Syvarris may benefit from Acolarh’s LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA defensive bonus.

- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Syvarris may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- KYNTELA GWYN : Strength of Oak Aura 1
    As an elf, Syvarris may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Syvarris- Though he can outrange the best of them, Syvarris is often too weak to survive many attacks.
However, he still makes a great end-game run-and-gun figure. B

Syvarris
Overpowered? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=932
Double attack bonuses? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5148
Declaring Targets? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6614
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by Revdyer; September 29th, 2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:05 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
An important thing to remember:

Double Attack is a Special Power NOT a Special Attack.

Thus, Syvarris, Krug, Einar Imperium or any other figure with that special power gets two distinct normal attacks.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
The scariest thing about elf boy is the range of 9.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:08 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Get this bad boy on some very good height and he'll rein supreme over every figure on the board. And also, the 9 range is not something to take litely(is this the right word to use?)

Old May 9th, 2007, 01:18 AM

ezekiel has disabled reputation
legolas ahem syvarris is great for the castle door. someone comes a knocking , just open the door on his turn shoot twice close door end turn. this tactic is very effective .add finn to his back and hes shooting with an extra attack. have a step or latter there and thier's two extra attack dice. get a glyph and thats three extra. but the best part is they can't possition themselves in site of a battlement and get lucky enough to off the elven boy.

naboota itchy nub nub- Chewbacca hoo ha

In memoriam of Deannie-April 17, 2007
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I believe Finn's aura is only good if the character who it's affecting has a range of 1.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:41 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ahh Syvarris, my first favourite figure!
Go with height advantage for the plus 1 attack with the double attack.
Protect him with Raelin &/or Acolarh.
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel
legolas ahem syvarris is great for the castle door. someone comes a knocking , just open the door on his turn shoot twice close door end turn. this tactic is very effective .add finn to his back and hes shooting with an extra attack. have a step or latter there and thier's two extra attack dice. get a glyph and thats three extra. but the best part is they can't possition themselves in site of a battlement and get lucky enough to off the elven boy.
You can find LOS from the position you are supposed to be in to open the door? And he can't open the door if he's not occupying the space so a ladder won't work and a step may be pushing it. Might want to take a look at pg 4 of the Fortress rulebook again.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Quote:
You can find LOS from the position you are supposed to be in to open the door? And he can't open the door if he's not occupying the space so a ladder won't work and a step may be pushing it. Might want to take a look at pg 4 of the Fortress rulebook again.

Adam
You can have a different figure on the door control hex, and still shoot with Syvarris, of course.
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM

ezekiel has disabled reputation
ooops I forgot about aura of attack plus 1 . I guess you could use taelord .
I forgot to and I forgot to about the door. but what I ment was have another character like taelord on the door space. but for the top have the arubian archers ,acholar , and raelin up on top you can also place acholar and raelin in vew of all characters so they can get whatever bonus. and I would rather loose an archer then loose the archer. and the door is the best defense and the door can open any time you want it to as long as you got somebody there like taelord. and if they get through the door by some chance taelord is there to take the first hit.

naboota itchy nub nub- Chewbacca hoo ha

In memoriam of Deannie-April 17, 2007
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:01 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
ooops I forgot about aura of attack plus 1 . I guess you could use taelord .
I forgot to
If you can find a way to get Finn killed (could even betray him with the Elf if you wanted to) he can then go on Syvarris and give him the +1 bonus. I find Syvarris extremely useful on small maps with a lot of elevation in the middle. His range can reach most of the map and non-fliers have a very difficult time getting to you before you gun them down. Syvarris works great with a bunch of rats or WoA to tie up your enemies.

I also love the idea of having another figure open the door and Syvarris firing twice out of it before closing it. I think I will try that the next time I defend a castle.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Syvarris still demands a certain amount of respect on the map. As others have pointed out his 9 range is pretty nasty. Even without height, he's gonna hit ya with 3 two times.

Yea, with only 4 life and 2 D he goes down pretty quickly, but it's easy to get him height and keep him away from melee characters. He can out range other ranged units, but they have a easier time getting to him than melee characters do. When anyone uses an Ullar army in our house, he's usually the first character they choose. He not only has range threat, but a certain intimidation factor as well. You always have to be very careful as to where you position your troops simply because he can hit you from almost anywhere. Its can get frustrating at times to face him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units