Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 28th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
I think a reluctant hero type power would also fit Thomas Wayne, but would have to drop the first power to make that fit.
I think it depends on what you want. The current version is going to fit in Vigilante webs with Bat-Family Bats or Robins. I could see an argument for trying to make him more generalist so he could fit in a mish-mash Flashpoint type army, but I can also see an argument for just letting him hang out as a Batman.
Old September 28th, 2022, 11:50 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, so did some work on this after looking at Alfred and Flash to get an idea as to how to word the first power. Changed up the defensive portion and added a fourth option based on the power wording.

Quote:

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = THOMAS WAYNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 250

THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS

Before rolling for initiative, choose do up to X of the following for this round, where X is the number of unrevealed Order Markers on this card:
  • Add 6 to your initiative roll.
  • Whenever you roll the 20-sided die for a figure you control, you may add to or subtract 1 from the roll;
  • Whenever Batman defends against an attack reroll up to 2 dice for that defense roll.
  • Once per round, instead of moving remove 1 Wound Marker from an adjacent figure's card.
KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE
Before moving, you may roll one combat die. If you roll a skull, opposing figures may not roll for leaving engagement strikes against Batman and you may choose one adjacent figure to receive a wound. When Batman attacks a non-adjacent figure, he may attack one additional time, rolling 1 less attack die.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Batman inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.
Old September 29th, 2022, 02:28 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Okay, so did some work on this after looking at Alfred and Flash to get an idea as to how to word the first power. Changed up the defensive portion and added a fourth option based on the power wording.

Quote:
*snipped Thomas Wayne design*
This design is wicked cool and I hope to see it get released.

Just to be clear, the intent is for him to try to leave engagement on each of his turns that he's engaged, then take two ranged shots? This creates an interesting dynamic if so- you don't want to just keep moving him in and out of engagement.

As an aside- I love The House Always Wins. Really solidifies his loner feel, and actually makes him a lot more interesting in lower point games.
Old September 29th, 2022, 02:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd open up the d20 option so that it worked when he is targeted by a d20 power as well. Since he doesn't have a d20 power of his own, it might then remain relevant in games where your opponent is using the d20 to try and take him down.

Another thought I had relates to the Vengeance Power. What if the two skull roll based powers were split up instead of being all or nothing? Roll a skull, deal a W to an adjacent figure. Fail to roll a skull, no LEA's this round and he can opt to move away and shoot twice.
Old September 29th, 2022, 06:20 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd open up the d20 option so that it worked when he is targeted by a d20 power as well. Since he doesn't have a d20 power of his own, it might then remain relevant in games where your opponent is using the d20 to try and take him down.

Another thought I had relates to the Vengeance Power. What if the two skull roll based powers were split up instead of being all or nothing? Roll a skull, deal a W to an adjacent figure. Fail to roll a skull, no LEA's this round and he can opt to move away and shoot twice.
I like that idea, wounding an adjacent figure with Vengeance should probably lead into a situation where Surgical Strike can be used. It makes sense.
Old September 29th, 2022, 11:40 PM

Updated once more.
Quote:

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = THOMAS WAYNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 250

THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS

Before rolling for initiative, choose to do up to X of the following for this round, where X is the number of unrevealed Order Markers on this card:
  • Add 6 to your initiative roll.
  • Whenever the 20-sided die is rolled for a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Batman, you may add to or subtract 2 from the roll;
  • Whenever Batman defends against an attack, reroll up to 2 dice for that defense roll.
  • Once per round, instead of moving, remove 1 Wound Marker from an adjacent figure's card.
KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE
Before moving, you may roll one combat die. If you roll a skull, choose one adjacent figure to receive a wound. If you roll a shield or blank, opposing figures may not roll for leaving engagement strikes against Batman and when Batman attacks a non-adjacent figure, he may attack one additional time, rolling 1 less attack die.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Batman inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.
Old September 30th, 2022, 12:57 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just to clarify. I believe having the double ranged attack as part of the same sentence as the die result would mean he can only double attack when those die results occur. Is that intentional? If so, you would be rolling the die even when not adjacent to an opponent's figure trying to get a shield/blank, at which point I'd throw a 'may' in there with the skull = W part. Otherwise you might end up dealing a W to an adjacent ally on accident. If not, just make the double ranged attack part a separate sentence and I believe it would always be in play as an option.

If the first power can stack, I'd be a little leery of a potential +/- 8 to d20 rolls. +/- 4 was already pushing it, so testing that featured it would be in order. Something like Batman vs. the Wrecking Crew, or Fan4, to make sure playing against him when your key d20 roll is playing at -40% odds was still fun. Just a FYI.
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:41 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Time for a new spin on Constantine.

High Points:

- Meant to be his Justice League Dark version
- Plays on him being a bit grittier, more in line with solving the ghosts/demons/undead sort of problems
- Tries to be an asset to his team but still winds up inflicting misfortune upon them if they are in the line of fire (Tainted Blood)
- References his run in JLD where his blood specifically came up as a reason for him being so adept but I gave it weaknesses that should be thematic

Spoiler Alert!

This version would require the creation of some nifty equipment glyphs, in the same vein as utility belt glyphs. These would be special rituals, relics, or items that he would employ for a given situation. This puts most of the weight on John as a prepared investigator as opposed to a combat magician. He can blow out a threat that he is ready for, meddle in the plans of dangerous beings, even walk away from bad situations pretty scott free but those around him may wind up suffering if he doesn't plan ahead.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just to clarify. I believe having the double ranged attack as part of the same sentence as the die result would mean he can only double attack when those die results occur. Is that intentional? If so, you would be rolling the die even when not adjacent to an opponent's figure trying to get a shield/blank, at which point I'd throw a 'may' in there with the skull = W part. Otherwise you might end up dealing a W to an adjacent ally on accident. If not, just make the double ranged attack part a separate sentence and I believe it would always be in play as an option.
Made the double attack a separate sentence to solve the first issue. The first power is no longer intended to stack within itself.
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:02 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Drafts for JLD version of Etrigan and an entry for Jason Blood.

Name: ETRIGAN
SI: -
Species: Demon
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Champion
Personality: Wild

Size/Height: Medium 5

Life: 6

Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defense: 6

BLOODBATH
After attacking with Etrigan, if he wounded a figure you may move him up to three spaces and attack again. Etrigan cannot attack the same figure more than once in the same turn with Bloodbath.

Magical Might
Before rolling attack dice with Etrigan you may remove one spell card in your Army from the game, if you do then add 1 automatic skull to Etrigan's attack roll and treat it as a special attack. You may only remove one spell card from your Army per attack with Etrigan.

HELLFIRE PROJECTION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
Choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Etrigan to attack, figures may not roll more than 4 combat dice when defending against this attack.

Flying / Superstrength

------

Name: Jason Blood
SI: -
Species: Human
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Investigator
Personality: Conflicted

Size/Height: Medium 5

Life: 4

Move: 5
Range: 4
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

ARISE THE DEMON ETRIGAN
If you have a figure named Etrigan in your Army you must have it start the game on Jason's Army Card instead of on the battlefield. After taking a turn with Jason Blood you may replace his figure with Etrigan's. Take a turn with Etrigan and then take no additional turns with figures you control.

EXORCISM WARDING
If a figure begins their turn adjacent to Jason Blood, immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against them. If a blank is rolled then you may remove an Order Marker from that figure's Army Card.

Magical Defense

Last edited by Shiftrex; October 10th, 2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think you need this line: "You may only remove one spell card from your Army per attack with Etrigan."

The previous line only gave you the option to remove "one" spell after all.

Some interesting stuff here mechanically for sure.

I'm most excited about Jason Blood. Is the intent for him to have no way of getting back to the battlefield once Etrigan replaces him? I'd make the card placement a must, though, as it'd be a theme break for them to occupy the battlefield at the same time, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2022, 01:51 PM

Right on, I'll adjust it to be a must. This was the draft in my notepad doc so it needs refinement. I can drop that line, makes the card very clean.

I'm thinking that I want Jason to return at the end of the round, I'm just not sure where to put it without overloading the card. Something like:

"At the end of the round if Jason is on his Army Card, you must replace Etrigan's figure with Jason's unless you reveal an X Order Marker on this card."

Kinda force Etrigan to go away after a time unless Jason consents? From what I understand, Jason is supposed to be like a safety valve for Etrigan in a way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy