Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The Book of Blob

The Book of Blob

C3G MARVEL WAVE 1
RISE OF THE MUTANTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Clobberin Time set.
Its model number and name are #034-036 / Blob.

]The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Clobberin Time set.
Its model number and name are #112 / Fred J. Dukes.

Character Bio - A mutant originally depicted as a morbidly obese circus freak, the Blob claims to be immovable. He possesses an extreme amount of pliable body mass, which grants him superhuman strength and his own gravitational pull. Possessing the mindset of a bully, he mostly uses his powers for petty crime and as a member of the Brotherhood of Mutants and Freedom Force.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Blob's special power of Immovable states he cannot be moved by any special power on an army card, but does not specify glyphs. Can Blob be moved by a glyph, such as the Glyph of Makluan Electromagnetic Rings?
    A: Yes. Blob is not immune to glyphs that have movement powers. The same is true for figures affected by Blob's Stuck special power.
  • Q: Can Blob choose to not use the Stuck special power? For example for Blob to use Knockback to push the opponent into a more dangerous position.
    A: Yes. Since this special power does not specifically state that it "must" be used then Blob has the choice to activate it or to not activate it.
  • Stuck and Throwing or Placement Powers:
    Throwing or placement powers that say to "place" a figure, means one thing and also implies one thing:
    Place = Move. Place implies that the figure was first removed. So, if a figure cannot be removed/moved because of Blob's Stuck special power, it cannot be thrown or displaced by special powers either.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Blob interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Mutant, Blob interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Tiny, Large, and Huge figures are not affected by Blob's Stuck special power. Current Tiny, Large, and Huge figures.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Strategy tip against Blob: Use ranged, special, or defense reducing attacks against Blob. DO NOT get bold and engage with a big power house like HULK or Superman. Vigilantes often have special attacks, specialized powers, and range with speed - all the ingredients needed to really own Blob.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 13th, 2022 at 10:41 PM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Blob C3G X-Men Master Set

NAME = BLOB
SECRET IDENTITY = FRED DUKES

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
PERSONALITY = OBNOXIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 165

BLUBBER

When defending against a normal attack with Blob, each shield rolled counts for one additional block.

IMMOVABLE
Blob may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card unless the player controlling Blob allows him to be moved.

STUCK
All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Blob may not move. Figures affected by Stuck cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

I'll have comments up when you do. I'm more than happy that you started this one, because now we can both edit it ... besides, I'm too much of a control freak sometimes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 26th, 2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Blob has been added. I was editing him in while you posted.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like him! And I like the comic pic chosen. I worry that the combo of 6 defense and Blubber might bump his cost up a bit (and we'll see if it feels unbalanced in playtesting) but I like how he's simple, straightforward, annoying, and more defensive than offensive.
Totally works for me.
(I'm sure some of our other members will be here to try to theme him up to the hilt in no time, but I really hope they'll consider letting this two power version stand).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Thanks! I did some reading on Wikipedia to help with the stats a little and come up with the Blubber power. Immovable is obviously the most iconic thing about him. I picked 150 as a starting point because he is a single attack hero, with average movement and no inherent synergy. If he proves too tough, though, we could always tweak Life or Defense down a little bit, or of course increase the points (though I'm not sure where he should fall on the 'scale' with the other heroes/villains).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think swapping a defense die for an offense die seems like it would make him perfect. About the only aspect of his abilities not represented is the fact that his immobility can cause others to harm themselves, but if his attck is bumped a little that could cover that. Amazing first effort, to me, nearly nailed him!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM

So if he was 5/5 he'd be pretty well covered? I can live with that.

I also wanted to note that he still can be moved via Knockback, which, as I read on Wiki, Hulk and maybe one or two others have been able to do.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

I also wanted to note that he still can be moved via Knockback, which, as I read on Wiki, Hulk and maybe one or two others have been able to do.
Incorrect. Knockback is, according to the rules set, considered an extension of the Superstrength power. So it would be covered under ways you can't move him in Immovable. I'm OK with that, though.
5/5 sounds fine with me.

Old December 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

As far as Blob's power level, he's taken on the Hulk a couple of times. I'm pretty sure he's never won, but he can stand his own for a bit. I think you cover that well.
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Incorrect. Knockback is, according to the rules set, considered an extension of the Superstrength power. So it would be covered under ways you can't move him in Immovable. I'm OK with that, though.
5/5 sounds fine with me.
I am also okay with this. After all, when Hulk knocked Blob back, the ground went with him.
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Oh, my mistake. Works out either way, though, since it was only Hulk +1 or 2.

So 5/5 sounds good? Does he feel about 150 range then, or still a bit higher?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I think he's at least medium 6 and we should strongly consider making him Large.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library