Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Buffy Summers - Design Phase

Huntress' SA also has some dice addition/calculation, but it would be instead of, not in addition to, any of the other other ones. If that works for everyone else, I'm good with this direction. How does 5/5 sound for stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It is strange though that the normal attack makes Undead subtract 2 from their defense dice but not the special attack.
Eh, different weapons, different effects. Slightly wonky, but nothing too weird, I don't think.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll like the familiarity of the reused Crossbow SA. And that's one of my favorite SAs, so that works well for me there also.

5/5 sounds good to me. Lots more chances to roll blanks as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds good.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

SLAYER TRAINING
Undead and Demon figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against Buffy Summers' normal attack. Buffy Summers may attack any or all figures adjacent to her with her normal attack. Roll each attack separately.

Now the wood crossbow arrows can kill vampires too. Any reason this would be too powerful? I think it's more thematic for the crossbow to affect the undead.
Old July 27th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like that change LP, it would be pretty powerful though. At best it's an attack of five, twice with blanks counting as skulls and -2 defense if her target is undead. Lots of criteria to meet and several variables to keep track of, but I don't imagine it would happen all that often and I like seeing her Crossbow SA being able to work with her Slayer Training. She targets the undead units weakness, and goes for them specifically either up close or far away.

Digging the 5/5 stats and addition of the Crossbow SA.

C3G team building links.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
SLAYER TRAINING
Undead and Demon figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against Buffy Summers' normal attack. Buffy Summers may attack any or all figures adjacent to her with her normal attack. Roll each attack separately.

Now the wood crossbow arrows can kill vampires too. Any reason this would be too powerful? I think it's more thematic for the crossbow to affect the undead.

I don't know, 2 special attacks of 5 is pretty nasty already from 2 spaces away with the crossbow, subtracting 2 to the defense on top of that is kind of over the top to me.

My concern with all these Indy designs coming up lately is that since they have no direct comparisons to other established units from the other comic universes that we've done (Marvel/DC), that situation might be taken advantage of and make designs more powerful than they really should be.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'm actually ok with it because the target group is specific enough & holds a lot of theme. However without enough undeads or demons I really don't believe we can cost her appropriately.
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:09 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

My problem with it is that it would run right back into the dice calculation issue. You don't have to worry about the blanks because it's a special attack, but if it's Undead, you've got -2 and the possible +2 attack from the Crossbow. It loses a little bit of theme, but I think it would be much simpler and easier to balance if we leave the -2 to her normal attack.

On the subject of balancing her, I'd be fine with overcosting her a tad just to be on the safe side. Though Blade, who has even more anti-undead powers than Buffy, was tested against less. There's now two Undead heroes available to the public, and a squad (which is key, in my opinion) for those of us in the Sanctum(s). If Blade was balanced, I don't see why Buffy couldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My concern with all these Indy designs coming up lately is that since they have no direct comparisons to other established units from the other comic universes that we've done (Marvel/DC), that situation might be taken advantage of and make designs more powerful than they really should be.
I agree that it can be tricky, but I think we'll be fine, as long as we keep a watchful eye out. I mean, we're geeks, if there's anything we're good at, it's debating 'Who would win in a fight, X or Y?'.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
My problem with it is that it would run right back into the dice calculation issue. You don't have to worry about the blanks because it's a special attack, but if it's Undead, you've got -2 and the possible +2 attack from the Crossbow. It loses a little bit of theme, but I think it would be much simpler and easier to balance if we leave the -2 to her normal attack.
This.

And I'm pretty sure I'd forget to do the defense subtraction half the time when using the special attack. And I'm also pretty sure a lot of folks would miss that they could do it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
This.

And I'm pretty sure I'd forget to do the defense subtraction half the time when using the special attack. And I'm also pretty sure a lot of folks would miss that they could do it.
I'm not sure if you could. Special attacks are never modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
This.

I'm not sure if you could. Special attacks are never modified.
Yeah, you could. You wouldn't be modifying the SA, you'd be modifying their defense.

But yeah, it might be a bit much. Either way is fine for me.
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM

LP's right, I think, on it not being a modification of the special attack. Which, by the way, C3G has already done with Darkseid. But that's fine for a 380 point figure, not so much for Buffy. I'm going to move forward with the -2 only on her normal attack. Unless anything else comes up, I'll start on the initial, hopefully later today.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library