Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Martian Manhunter

The Book of Martian Manhunter

C3G DC WAVE 2
BRAVE AND THE BOLD

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC Origins set.
Its model numbers and name are #082, #084 / Martian Manhunter.

Character Bio - Stranded far from his Martian homeworld by an experimental teleporter beam, J'onn J'onzz adopts the identity of Detective John Jones and morphs his image in an attempt to fit in on his adopted planet. Combining the deductive reasoning of Batman with the strength and stamina of Superman and throwing in telepathic abilities and intangibility to boot, J'onn J'onnz, once a champion of Mars, becomes Martian Manhunter, member of the Justice League and defender of Earth.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Martian Manhunter be affected by powers you control that require clear sight?
    A: Yes he can. Only opponent's figures cannot use special powers on him that require clear sight.
  • Q: Can Martian Manhunter move himself with Telepathic Directive?
    A: No. A figure is never within "X" spaces of itself.
  • Q: Can you use powers that change how you move while moving with Telepathic Directive, like Flying, Ice Resistance, or Super Leap?
    A: Only powers that don't say "instead of moving normally". So Flying can be used, and you can count 1 space for heavy snow and slippery ice with Ice Resistance, but Super Leap, and other movement powers that happen instead of normal movement, cannot be used. Powers that trigger as a result of movement, such as Razor Wing Slash, can be used.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Martian Manhunter can move Telepaths farther with his Telepathic Directive special power. Current Telepaths.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Martian Manhunter’s unique role in the game that few other units can fill is as a supportive unit for other support units. The “weakness” of many passive support units is the inefficiency of taking turns with them simply to position them next to the rest of your team, or even worse to continually move them to keep them close to mobile offensive units. But using Telepathic Directive, you can potentially move multiple passive support units without taking turns with them.
  • To fully maximize your use of Telepathic Directive, try drafting Martian Manhunter with a large group of units with passive powers such as Doctor Light, Count Vertigo, Angel, Jocasta, Weather Wizard, Vertigo, etc. The effect is that with so many powers crossing over each other, messing with your opponent's attacks and movements, that they can have turns where very little damage is done.
  • Armies based around Martian Manhunter can struggle from Martian Manhunter’s single attack per turn. One way to remedy this is by playing him with units that have passive offensive powers; War Machine’s Auto Chain Gun, Bizarro’s Villainous Duty, and Giant-Man’s Giant Swat are some of the best options.
  • Martian Manhunter, with his move of 6, range of 3, and Flying, can also be effectively used as a first strike unit. The benefit of this strategy is that at the same time you can use Telepathic Directive to position the rest of your team; this technique works well when paired with units like Green Arrow, Deadshot, and Merlyn, who you can effectively position on height while your opponent is fighting Martian Manhunter. In addition, Martian Manhunter's Intangibility and range can pull your opponent towards your team while you're positioning them with Telepathic Directive, which can give you control over where the battle takes place.
  • Telepathic Directive has a unique interaction with powers that activate “before moving”, “when moving”, or “after moving”, such as Angel’s and Beast Boy’s (Pterodactyl) Carry, Black Tarantula’s Healer X, Beast’s and Solovar’s Negotiate, Meteorite’s Manipulation, Pyro’s Engulf 11, Archangel’s Razor Wing Slash, Prowler’s Glide 3, and Icicle’s Slick Ice Spray all activate when moved by Telepathic Directive.
  • Remember, Telepathic Directive does not provoke leaving engagement attacks, and this can combo well with units that prefer to stay out of engagement like Mentallo, units who want the enemy to engagement them like Beast Boy (Cheetah) with his Engagement Strike 13, or units that have powers that activate when they move out of engagement such as Human Torch’s (Johnny Storm) Flame On 4.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:37 PM. Reason: png
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Martian Manhunter - Design Phase

NAME = MARTIAN MANHUNTER
SECRET IDENTITY = J'ONN J'ONZZ

SPECIES = MARTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = CONTEMPLATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 300

INTANGIBILITY

Martian Manhunter can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

TELEPATHIC DIRECTIVE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Martian Manhunter, you may roll 12 combat dice. Move up to X Hero figures you control up to 4 spaces each, or 5 spaces if the chosen figure is a Telepath. X equals the number of blanks rolled. Any Hero figures moved with Telepathic Directive do not take any leaving engagement attacks and must be within 10 spaces of Martian Manhunter prior to moving.

FIRE WEAKNESS
If Martian Manhunter is on a lava field space, he rolls 2 fewer defense dice and 2 fewer attack dice.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; June 17th, 2021 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Legacy text
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I disagree, Adam. Fire Weakness' major effect isn't represented in it's power description, but best shown on figures like Pyro and Human Torch. Those figures should should and will have a distinct advantage over Martain Manhunter.
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well you did get to do Martian Manhunter after all and he's looking really good. I recall the Dispatch power that you mentioned to me a while ago and think it's great because while he is really powerful, most of the time I've seen him coordinating the other's movements and this power works great for that.

I agree with the Invisibility power represented on the card because like you said, it can be negated. Let WW Lasso him and then others can shoot him.

Otherwise with the exception of range of 3 and 1 less move, his stats are same as WW's.

They both have good defense vs. range, though MM's is better than WW's.

He has full time ranged attack, while her Lasso is like a ranged attack in a sense, she can't us it if she was engaged previous to using it.

He can affect other units in his army, allowing them to move.

He might be a little more than WW cost wise, but we will have to see.

Great job.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

(Edit: To Adam - man you guys are quick!) I understand your thoughts, but I'll offer a couple of counters.
The Fire Weakness won't come into play only with Lava Field, because that's the special power that's also going to be tied to a number of fire based C3G cards. If you look at the C3G Pyro, you'll see that this Martian Manhunter would have a lot to fear from him.
I think the tactical difference is already there without Martian Vision because a) Martian Manhunter has range and Superman doesn't and b) Telepathic Dispatch makes Martian Manhunter more of a team player.
Telepathic Dispatch is the one power I've discussed with a few other heroes. I did originally have it as a static move (4), but Griff told me that his favorite part about playing the power it's based on (Jandar's Dispatch) is rolling dice.

(Option 1) Maybe something where rolling dice could get you further like counting shields for movement?

(Option 2) Or ... how about this? The move is at a static 4 spaces, but you get to move a number of Heroes you control equal to the number of blanks you roll. That way you'd be moving two Heroes on average, but on a lucky roll you might move an entire hero army.

Do either of those options appeal to you at all? (Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking Option 2 there already).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2010, 01:25 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The mini pic isn't showing up. Are you going to use the standing one(which usually goes for around 5 bucks) or the flying one (usually around 13+)
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was just about to suggest Option 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:27 PM

That's odd. It shows up for me. Everyone else having this problem too?
I'm going for the standing one, which is cheaper and I like better. Rounded head, not alien head.

Old April 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM

OK ... so ...

TELEPATHIC DISPATCH
After you take a turn with Martian Manhunter, roll 12 combat dice. You may move up to X hero figures you control up to 4 spaces. X equals the number of blanks rolled. If a chosen figure is a Telepath, you may move the figure one additional space.

That was an easy enough fix!

Old April 6th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hadn't thought about fire weakness being used when interacting with other cards. It's much more suitable in that case. I was was originally looking at it in the bubble of it's text entirely on Manhunter's Card.

Option 2 seems fun, and it's definitely unique.

Got there

Quote:
TELEPATHIC DISPATCH
After you take a turn with Martian Manhunter, roll 12 combat dice. You may move up to X hero figures you control up to 4 spaces. X equals the number of blanks rolled. If a chosen figure is a Telepath, you may move the figure one additional space.
That seems alot more usefull. I like how you gave telepaths another little nudge there, as well.
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's odd. It shows up for me. Everyone else having this problem too?
I'm going for the standing one, which is cheaper and I like better. Rounded head, not alien head.
I think certain browsers can't access pictures taken from Troll and Toad. We get a message that states that the picture was taken without their promission.
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Troll and Toad pictures show up differently based on how they were originally loaded into your browser.

If you visited the store and loaded them, they'll show up fine in the browser. If you load them from the forum, you get the piracy message instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library