Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 11th, 2020, 10:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Bookshelf Skyscraper Brainstorming

If you want to just go with the sign theme throughout instead of literal images, here are some 'door' decals.

Old July 11th, 2020, 10:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We don't want elevator doors or signage on the shaft spaces, though, as they're just the spaces where the elevator isn't. I would probably just go with black spaces or use shadow tile.

Or if we really need more than that, something like this:

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2020, 07:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not sure how some of those will look shrunk down to hex size. Will see, thanks.
Did not get an answer on the fire escape door.
We're you thinking about using a wound marker YK?
That may work inside the building but maybe not outside. I think an actual door on each side is going to be the way to go.
Old July 12th, 2020, 09:45 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The problem there is there is not much room between the row of full hexes and the inner wall.
The graphic would be super small.
If anyone has examples of graphics they want used, please post them.
Oh, do you mean like a wound marker? That could work.
Sorry, missed a couple of posts there when I was catching up last night.

Hmm, well fire doors usually have those alarms and what not, right? So maybe going the wound route makes sense. The fire escape if we do it is an add on anyway, so we don't have to get it figured out now. It shouldn't need to be a default part of the floorplan at all.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2020, 11:00 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I know that but I like to think ahead so we do not limit possibilities or paint ourselves into a corner.
I think the wound marker works inside as there is a little gap it can sit in.
Not sure outside without seeing the fire escape.
Really thinking a simple door graphic taped to the wall on each side will be best. I will see what I can do about a floor based graphic. I can at least get a dark 'pie wedge' in there to help visually. The walls are so thick they fill most of that row of hexes, not leaving much to work with.

Whipped up new overlays with the correct sized hexes. Got one with horizontal and one with vertical hexes.
Should be able to get those uploaded as well as the Skyscraper maps today at some point.
Need to look for a new fridge. Mine is starting to die. Had to shift fridge stuff into the freezer which was thankfully empty. That is still holding at just above freezing, for now...
Old July 12th, 2020, 11:14 AM

Cool. Sounds like a plan.

Watch out for those fridge purchases! Last time we decided we wanted a new fridge, we ended up with an entirely new house!

Old July 12th, 2020, 01:45 PM

Heh, nice. Found what I wanted. Was a bit of a challenge getting it in the Prius.
Need to let it sit awhile now. Cool thing is the old one came back to life a bit and the freezer is now actually below freezing.

Still need to upload files. Had to rush home to watch my favorite show, Closer to Truth.

I think I figured out I can get some floor art to fit for the fire escape door. My grasp of spatial relations failed me again. Once I mocked something up I could see the possibility better.
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On the side wall doors, I was just thinking they would work the same way the half hex doors did that we played with at the Con. I thought we just said you couldn't end your turn on the door space, but could move through it. Could not see through it for LOS though. Just need a way to mark which spaces are on either side of the door. Since the hexes along the solid walls are in a straight line, with the hex row between the inside and outside of that wall thus being off set, I would guess it would work best with two exit/entrance hexes spaces on either side of the wall where a single hex door exists (similar to the door hex spaces on the small house). So I agree with T, a print out of a door you can attach to that wall on either side would be the easiest way to show all players where the intended door is located at.

Using a wound marker in some way could be confusing since we are using wound markers for the broken windows. When I was talking about a door glyph, I was just meaning a door or exit graphic you could glue to or print onto a glyph shaped object (card stock cut to the shape of a hex) and place on the board to designate a location on the map. Not an actually glyph that can be picked up by a figure and carried around. Same vein as the idea for the stairwell & elevator 2 hex print outs that can just be placed on top of the floor hexes where ever you want the stairwell and elevator to be located for that one game. I'll try to stop calling those glyph and confusing people.

I envision each floor to have a layout of floor hexes and roof hexes that are fixed. The layout dictates how the building will line up on all game boards going forward, it is the layout that we found works for us at the Con. That lay out left us with a 3 half hexes on the two open sides that we determined would be windows or a door space. After that, the details of where exactly the stairwells, elevator shaft, interior walls, fire exit doors, alternate side doors, etc. can be rearranged in different patterns from game to game. The only things we really locked into place were the idea that the elevator shaft would take up 2 hexes in space, and a stairwell would also take up 2 hexes in space with an up & down mechanic assigned to each single hex. The two stairwells & elevator shaft all along one hard wall was great and tested well, but I imagine people would get bored with that layout after a while. In order to make the bookshelf something that will be used again and again, being able to mix up the lay out is essential IMO.

One player may want to make all the half hexes window spaces, with the buildings main entrance located on one of the solid walls. So we should just have some graphics available upon release for them to do just that.
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:20 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My thought on the side walls is Command Strips from 3M. If you're not familiar, they are Velcro strips with super good adhesive. Stick to the wall and your "emergency exit door". Then you can remove when you don't want them. Same could be done for wall of elevator shaft spaces.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:27 PM

Agreed. I still think some folks will be happy with the standard layout and may prefer to print once and be done. You can always change it up later

I think having a page full of graphics is ideal though. Like you said it gives you flexibility and variety.

Reminds me of this comic book, sticker book, combo I used play with as a kid. It had a comic book panel for the background and then all characters and cool extras like webbing and laser blasts were stickers, so you could create your own scene.

Hmm, I suppose those were my first comic customs.
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:51 PM
C3G Landlord

That's a good idea Spidey.

I think you and I are on the same page here T. Good to know since you are taking on the Art aspect. I'm fine with realistic or abstract art, just pick one direction and try to keep it consistent for all the different stuff. Seems as though Bats prefers realistic, and I really liked the realistic stairs look, so you can ignore those abstract sign ideas. Was just throwing it out there in case others liked it well enough as it might be easier to find art for that realistic art. Realistic doors shouldn't be too tough to find art for though.

Last edited by Yodaking; July 12th, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:26 PM

I’m ultimately pretty flexible so long as assembly and use is easy on the player. We all seem to be on the same page here though for the most part.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library