Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 29th, 2019, 01:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Today will be my first solo with the brand new Commands & Colors Medieval. Its quite impressive how designer Richard Borg manages to make each of the now nine seperate subjects of the series different and intriguing in its own way. On the other hand, if you learn one of them, you know 80% of the rules for all the rest!

My BGG guide to the entire series is here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...rd-borg/page/1
Old May 29th, 2019, 06:04 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Long list since I last posted:

Batman Gotham City Chronicles
Reckoners
Gugong
Res Arcana
Star Wars Legion
Kill Team
Harry Potter Monster box
Gloomhaven
UBoot
Wingspan
Root
Neta-Tanka
Noctiluca

I fell like I have forgotten some, but these were memorable, I guess.
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Talk to me about the first two on that list. How were they?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 30th, 2019, 12:27 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Talk to me about the first two on that list. How were they?
Well, Batman is of course awesome and the game is also. I played the villains the two games I have played so far and the river mechanic is interesting. Both times I won playing the introductory scenario in each. I think it is geared towards the villains, so I don't see it as being an issue like some have on BGG. As the villain, deciding when to push or hold cubes back to defend is nice. Both sides have similar struggles with energy conservation. I was on the fence during the Kickstarter, but am glad I stayed in. I think it is really well done with the possible exception of board ambiguity leading to weird line of sight issues.

Reckoners was a surprise hit for me. I knew nothing about it going in, just bought it on a whim. I played it solo and it was really fun. I dig the dice as actions mechanic eliminating luck from doing the actions. You just do the best with the dice you have. However, I feel like it could suffer from AP in a multi player environment because of this. I think the way around it is just have everyone roll and decide in a vacuum what they think they should keep and then decide who is going to do what. The different city areas with different bad guys in each slowly strengthening Steelheart(main bad guy), if you let them, is pretty interesting also. One of my main gaming buddies was meh on it when he played, so it may not be for everyone. It may have been who he played it with, because when compared to gaming with me, everything is meh. lol
Old May 30th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I think these both might work for my group.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 18th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I’ve played about 8 games of Joan of Arc so far and it’s very impressive. It reminds me quite a bit of heroscape. The units and abilities and scenarios alongside having the option of battle mode is very cool.

The biggest issue is just the lack of details when it comes to little things about set up, etc which thankfully doesn’t have any effect on gameplay. They just seemed to miss a lot of little things here and there. The set up and tear down is quite a chore as well but it’s getting better as my storage solutions are getting better.

Overall I highly recommend this game especially to fellow scapers. It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a game this much.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Prophecy today. Halfling Illusionist for the win.

Old June 19th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wait, was that a prediction?
Old June 19th, 2019, 08:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've played about ten games each of the brand new Commands & Colors Medieval and also Memoir 44: New Flight Plan. Both are great additions to the series, as was the recent Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare. I also purchased Battle of Britain, a non C&C game also by Richard Borg.

Tomorrow I should be picking up Seasons of Inis at my FLGS. This first expansion has a few new things and allows for a fifth player. They are talking about one more expansion for it as well.

(Edit) Picked it up; it looks great!

Last edited by chas; June 20th, 2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 04:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yesterday I played Teotihuacan-City of Gods with my buddy Brian and his wife. Cool game with lots of stuff going on. Kind of neat how you can build or get most of a pyramid built in the center of the board with some neat tiles. I won by a decent margin, as I concentratedon getting a production boost early on and it helped me need to spend less time at production spaces and more time in places that goy me more points.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...acan-city-gods

We also played The 7th Continent. Our first game and we lost. Cool game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 23rd, 2019, 05:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I loved Teo, the one time I got to the play it. The iconography helps with the complex board, and the multiple paths to victory make it exciting. Almost asymmetrical, if you know what I mean.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 23rd, 2019, 06:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I loved Teo, the one time I got to the play it. The iconography helps with the complex board, and the multiple paths to victory make it exciting. Almost asymmetrical, if you know what I mean.
Yeah DS, it's really cool. There are also different boards ti set it up differently each time so that people can't keep using the same strategy. Well thought out game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games