Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 1st, 2020, 05:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Lois Lane (Initial Playtesting)

Can you tag "no additional turns" on at the end of the power? I like the concept, but agree that her variation is going to be problematic when she's that weak and paired with three heavy hitter turn upside.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 1st, 2020, 05:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Can you tag "no additional turns" on at the end of the power? I like the concept, but agree that her variation is going to be problematic when she's that weak and paired with three heavy hitter turn upside.
I think if our Lois Lane isn't going to work well with Superman Family Clark, I'd rather just go back to the drawing board.

What team would you put together with the double turn version that would be that much more broken than the double attack version?
Old October 1st, 2020, 05:32 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since he can't move on the double turn, it's really not that different than the double attack. I'm just not also super sure the double attack is a great idea for Superman Family Kal-El ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 1st, 2020, 05:40 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Hmmm okay. So we're maybe talking about a wider change to the design as a whole? What about adding the Heartbreak wounds back in?

FWIW, the design I'm most worried about with her is JL Superman actually. He's the only one who can just straight-up cancel out attacks against her at any range.
Old October 1st, 2020, 08:52 PM

Hmm, I'm pretty open to ideas as long as we properly cost her. I guess I just worry that it'll be tough to do that if she's too swingy.

At least with Superman (III) he's limited by markers.

Old October 2nd, 2020, 01:33 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm, I'm pretty open to ideas as long as we properly cost her. I guess I just worry that it'll be tough to do that if she's too swingy.

At least with Superman (III) he's limited by markers.
I think in her current state she’ll be pretty swingy and matchup dependent, but I also don’t totally hate that for this specific character. Superman winning/losing depending on Lois is safe or not doesn’t feel totally off-base, y’know?

It seems like it might just be one to run a sanity test and go from there? I’m totally willing to run a few extra tests if it means Lois Lane of all characters turns out right.

Overall, I just want to make sure Lois is feeling like Lois (a highly impactful character in any Superman story) while also feeling like the cheap human civilian she is. (And fun as a gameplay piece.)
Old October 2nd, 2020, 09:32 AM

Solid points. A sanity test sounds like a good idea.

Old October 2nd, 2020, 05:07 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Army Test 2
Map: Modified Grundy’s Grave
Units: Team 1 (1,125): Lois Lane (75), Superman IV (430), Superboy (240), Green Arrow II (210), Starman (170)
Team 2 (1,125): F4 (1,000), Bag-Man (125)

Pre-game thoughts: A sanity test game with the still-in-progress Superman IV, just to test how strong that much attack power feels.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!
So a big win, but I feel like it would've been anyways without Lois. That Champion trio of 3 (Supes, Superboy, and GA) was downright deadly. Lois gave a few bonus attacks and gave them 1 initiative win, but she wasn't really the deciding factor. I'm interested to see if Superman has to get toned down or not during his own initial.

I think it makes sense to try a test with Lois and JL Superman next just to get a more baseline feel on if she's busted or not.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 08:26 PM

Sounds good.

Old October 5th, 2020, 07:04 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Lois Lane

Pre-change version tested;
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (910): Lois Lane (60), Superman I (400), Jon Kent (120), Supergirl II (330)
Team 2 (910): Atrocitus II (400), Dex-Starr (250), Rankorr (260)

Pre-game thoughts: Lois wants to get an exclusive statement from Atrocitus. Can Clark keep her safe long enough to get it? Just trying out a standard and fairly thematic bruiser throwdown.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: The initiative boost felt just right (even if it didn’t impact the game), but Superman’s Girlfriend didn’t really feel like it came into play.
Quote:
Post-change version tested;
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (1,125): Lois Lane (75), Superman IV (430), Superboy (240), Green Arrow II (210), Starman (170)
Team 2 (1,125): F4 (1,000), Bag-Man (125)

Pre-game thoughts: A sanity test game with the still-in-progress Superman IV, just to test how strong that much attack power feels.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: So a big win, but I feel like it would've been anyways without Lois. That Champion trio of 3 (Supes, Superboy, and GA) was downright deadly. Lois gave a few bonus attacks and gave them 1 initiative win, but she wasn't really the deciding factor. I'm interested to see if Superman has to get toned down or not during his own initial.

Army Test 3
Units: Team 1 (990): Lois Lane (80), Superman III (440), Hawkwoman (260), Green Arrow II (210)
Team 2 (990): Cosmic Boy (260), Saturn Girl (220), Lightning Lad (180), Superboy (330)

Pre-game thoughts: I think JL Supes has some potential with Lois, since he has a good toolset to keep her safe.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Strong showing from Ollie here, but the rest of the team didn’t quite keep up. Definitely overextended Superman a little, leading to him getting killed off before he could use all his marker tricks. Still, a decent double turn and an initiative switch have me feeling like Lois carried her weight in this one.

Army Test 4
Units: Team 1 (730): Lois Lane (80), Superman II (450), Jon Kent (120), Krypto (80)
Team 2 (730): Captain America (240), Avengers Iron Man (270), Cyrax (220)

Pre-game thoughts: Goal here is just to trash as much as possible with Supes, using Krypto and Jon to run interference.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: This specific combo felt like a real steamroller. Superman didn’t get a ton of double turns, but those back-to-back 8 dice hits were absolutely brutal. It was really fun to have Super Breath and Heat Vision in the mix with the double turns and bonding though; It’s limited, but it gives you a lot of neat potential to use those abilities, when I feel like they often get overlooked.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I’m very happy with how she’s playing, but I think she’s still coming in a little strong. Adding back in the heartbreak wounds feels like a good step to take.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Like I said, very happy with the feel of the design. She feels impactful, but in a way that still justifies her low cost. I think adding in the heartbreak wounds again will further push the feel we’re going for here.
Supermen II and IV felt like the strongest pairs for her. Superboy (Kal-El) and Superman (Kal-L) are the two untested combos so far, but neither of them seem particularly troubling.
Old October 5th, 2020, 07:08 PM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of Lois Lane (VOTE for Public Playtesting)

Here's what I'm thinking of updating with;
Quote:
NAME = LOIS LANE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REPORTER
PERSONALITY = DAUNTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 80

GET THE SCOOP
At the start of the round, after Order Markers are placed, you may move Lois up to 4 spaces. When rolling initiative, add 2 to your initiative roll for every Order Marker on an opponent’s Army Card within 4 clear sight spaces of Lois.

KRYPTONIAN PROTECTION
If an opponent's figure is engaged with a Kryptonian you control, that opponent's figure cannot attack Lois.

SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND
After taking a turn with a Unique Kal-El Hero or Unique Kal-L Hero you control, if Lois is within 4 clear sight spaces of an opponent's figure, you may immediately take an additional turn with that Kal-El or Kal-L, during which he cannot move and may only attack figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Lois. If Lois is destroyed, inflict 2 wounds on a Unique Kal-El Hero or Unique Kal-L Hero you control.
And with that I'd like to call a VOTE for Public Playtesting.
Old October 5th, 2020, 07:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Lois Lane (VOTE for Public Playtesting)

yea. Agreed that those two untested ones are not really worrisome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library