Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 19th, 2015, 02:29 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Oliver, thanks for the heads up. Just backed my first ever Kickstarter! I went for the Exclusive level, mostly because the extra ship and tile sound nice for replayability. Looks like a very cool game and a great theme.
Old May 19th, 2015, 02:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Oliver,

Thanks for the video on Shadowstar Corsairs. One of my fellow Firefly The Game posters on bgg already recommended it for the minis for use in that other game also! There seems to be a lot of Firefly type stuff going around right now, including the upcoming TV series about Space Bounty Hunters Killjoys. FTG includes Bounty Hunting as well.

Now that Joss is done with Avengers Ultron, can a revival of the series be far behind?
Old May 19th, 2015, 02:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I pledged $16 for the ships, just so I could potentially find a way to use them when playing Firefly.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just want to mention that the KS for Mare Nostrum should be going up today, after many delays. This is MS 2.0; it was considered a good game with some flaws that the original designer has now tweaked to correct. Having missed out on the game, as it was never released in the US (but an English version was made for England years ago), I'm pretty excited. The old game still has a following. I'm very interested myself, as it is for me "the one that got away"--I only got to play it once at a convention, and never saw it again!

(Edit): Its just before midnight on Day 1 of 45; and 7 of 9 stretch goals are already unlocked! No gamble here...and I've pledged the Memorial Weekend Special.

(Second Edit): The head of Academy Games now says in the KS Comments Section that if they reach a certain likely figure tomorrow, they will post an entire second list of new stretch goals! How about a personal visit from the Goddess Athena?

(Third Edit): All of the first group of Stretch Goals are now unlocked, so are the second, third and part of the fourth--17 out of 20 so far.

Last edited by chas; May 26th, 2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old May 29th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I think I may back this one Chas. Even though some others in my game group may back it ( I know of a couple for sure), it seems like it will be a good one to have in the collection. Lots of KS goodies as well that make it better to get it via KS rather than retail, not to mention shipping is included.

It can be a birthday present to myself. My birthday is June 18th, and I usually order some games with the wife's knowledge and approval for my birthday So this way I can order it near my birthday and hopefully get it by this Christmas

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:18 PM

Mare Nostrum Empires--the new official 2.0 title, although that third word its not on the box art yet--is only the third KS I've backed, and the first full game (the others were expansions for games I already own). While the initial Memorial Weekend Special I got is no longer available, in only a short time its gone from its $15,000 basic funding (achieved in 45 minutes) to over $250,000--and its still got about 40 days to run. With 27 stretch goals, most of which have been reached, and more to be added, I think this is going to be quite a phenomenon in Kickstarter history, if the game is good. And with the original author doing the redo, it probably will be--since he's listened very carefully to player feedback since 2003. While it won't break top funding records, its combination of good funding plus a good game plus good components will be talked about for a long time to come, I predict.

And where the original version wasn't even distributed in the USA, now we United Staters get the best deal of anyone: free shipping!
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:15 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Backing the Texas Arrows expansion for Band of Brothers. I'm in for the expansion plus the second edition of both Screaming Eagles and Ghost Panzer. This game has become my go-to WWII squad level game, replacing Squad Leader, Conflict of Heroes, Tide of Iron, Combat Commander, and Lock and Load.
Old June 7th, 2015, 07:12 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Backing the Texas Arrows expansion for Band of Brothers. I'm in for the expansion plus the second edition of both Screaming Eagles and Ghost Panzer. This game has become my go-to WWII squad level game, replacing Squad Leader, Conflict of Heroes, Tide of Iron, Combat Commander, and Lock and Load.
I am backing that one as well. I have been working with the Designer of that series, Jim Krohn, as a Playtester and Developer for his Space Empires series so I know he does games that I like to play. I had passed on this series earlier as I did not feel that I needed another WWII game with all of the money that I had tied up in Memoir 44 stuff, but the bundled deal for all three games in this Kickstarter was to good for me to miss.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:04 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

I'm waiting for the new Kickstarter for Onslaught: Cthulhu Wars Season 2. Glad I'll be getting a second chance to get the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1254755

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:22 PM

Uwe of Academy Games reports from the Origins Con that veteran players of Mare Nostrum had a good reaction to the new 2.0 version Mare Nostrum Empires. I think this is a very significant green flag for the new game!
Old June 8th, 2015, 03:40 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it looks nice. I don't need another game...but I'll probably end up backing this one.
Old June 8th, 2015, 09:24 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Although I had passed on Zombicide Season 3, I decided to back the current campaign for Zombicide: Black Plague. They've made a few interesting rules changes and additions. Besides, I know I can easily sell off a few of the exclusive figures and recoup my expenditure. I'm just doing the base game though, the expansion seems a bit overpriced for what you get.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games