Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Predator (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Seems like we're mostly all on the same page here. Two things still seem to be a bit in dispute.

One is whether or not to include the swamp water immunity for the special attack.

The other is how exactly to do the self-destruct power - mostly whether to allow an automatic trigger or to go with more of a countdown. Personally, I think the countdown approach is much more fun and dramatic.

I think the options for both sides are defined enough to warrant polling at this point for both areas of dispute.
nudge, nudge

FWIW I like the swamp water negative and think YK has the best version of detonation.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about this for another take on self-destruct?

SELF-DESTRUCT WRIST GAUNTLET
Instead of attacking, if there are at least 2 wound markers on this card, you may reveal an "X" order marker on an army card you control. At the end of the round, all figures within 3 spaces of this Predator receive 2 automatic wounds, and this Predator is destroyed. This Predator may not return to the battlefield by any special power on an Army Card or glyph.

That way you still have some bluffing room with your X marker, but can't use it for healing etc. Being able to move, but not attack, seems a fair trade-off because it makes sense that he'd get to where he wants before setting it off (he can't be seen anyway because of cloaking, but he can't attack and set this off at the same time).
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't like that if he has the last OM of the round he can trigger the bomb with zero countdown. I would really like the power, though, if you revealed the "X" at the start of the round and didn't have to sacrifice his attack, and then it blew at the end of the round.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I don't like that if he has the last OM of the round he can trigger the bomb with zero countdown. I would really like the power, though, if you revealed the "X" at the start of the round and didn't have to sacrifice his attack, and then it blew at the end of the round.
Fwiw, I too like the idea of the OMs being a representation of a ticking clock.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:51 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I'm getting convinced on this one too. Going back to your write-up, I'd like to suggest this minor change...

SELF-DESTRUCT WRIST GAUNTLET
After rolling initiative, you may reveal an the "X" Order Marker on this card. If an the "X" Order Marker is revealed on this card and you reveal the number 3 Order Marker on an Army Card you control this card, each figure within 3 spaces of The this Predator receives 2 automatic wounds and The this Predator is destroyed.

The reason being, that you don't have lose a whole turn to possibly set him off. You've comitted his demise by revealing the X marker on him already.

I don't know if people are keen to add the line about not returning to the battlefield or not.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it. If you reveal the X at the end of the round, folks know they have until your OM3 to run and hide.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think it is on the right track, a question popped into my head though as I read it. If the figure you have your OM3 on is destroyed and removed from the board (or shrunk and collected, absorbed into a cloak, etc.), do you still technically reveal that OM? Thus would killing a figure that is not the Predator (ie. the figure with OM3 on it's card) result in preventing the bomb from going off?
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:49 PM

I'm not completely sure what the ruling would be on that, but it's something we should rule on one way or another regardless.

I'd lean towards saying that if there was a power telling you to "remove" the OM, it'd stop the countdown, but if the unit was just destroyed, I'm pretty sure you still reveal the OM on its turn.

Old March 18th, 2013, 02:27 AM

My reading would be that if Order Marker 3 is on one of your cards, but the figure(s) is not on the battlefield, you do not "control" that card at that time, so Predator wouldn't go off.

Also, if your Order Marker 3 is removed from your card before you can reveal it (or if the revealed X order marker has been removed, if any powers make that possible), the Predator wouldn't go off.

In either case, at the end of the round, you would remove all order markers to redistribute them for the next round, including any X markers. In that case, you could try to set it off again.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by streaky2007; March 18th, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM

Hmm .... that doesn't sound wrong to me. The only thing is that I believe there have been past rulings where you still reveal Order Markers on cards after they've been destroyed - Doomsday certainly lets you and I think he'd be a clear exception to your ruling even if we went with your ruling. I'm not sure if there are others, though.

Old March 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
My reading would be that if Order Marker 3 is on one of your cards, but the figure(s) is not on the battlefield, you do not "control" that card at that time, so Predator wouldn't go off.

Also, if your Order Marker 3 is removed from your card before you can reveal it (or if the revealed X order marker has been removed, if any powers make that possible), the Predator wouldn't go off.

In either case, at the end of the round, you would remove all order markers to redistribute them for the next round, including any X markers. In that case, you could try to set it off again.

What do y'all think?
I think you still control characters that have been destroyed. For example Solomon Grundy, Doomsday and Thanos, because even after destroyed you still use powers on their cards. I think the only character that this work the way you described is Gorilla-Man where control of the character would shift to another player.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library