Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Louisville Monthly Tournament Aug. 4th

Louisville, Kentucky
August 4th, 2012
GEN CON PRACTICE EVENT

Team Tournament

Copied from the Gen Con post -
NMN1229751 HeroScape – Team Tournament Sun Aug 19 10AM

Teams bring a pre-drafted 550 point heroScape army, no Marvel. Each player can have no more than 50 more or less points then their teammate. Teammates cannot have the same figures. Army size is limited to 24 hexes. The tournament is played in 45 Minute rounds.

The Louisville Variation
Teams will be composed of one experienced player and one lesser experienced player. When you confirm for the event you will be given a number 1-3 that reflects MY OPINION of your experience level in Heroscape. Teams must be made of two players whose experience ranking adds to 4. The sooner you confirm... the sooner you can get your team finalized!!!

Normally we allow C3V but as this is Gen Con practice... not allowed.
Full Card Scoring Kill Points
5 Swiss Rounds
45 Minute Rounds
No official break
$5 Registration Fee

Pet Shop Comics
1191 Hillview Blvd # 4
Louisville, KY 40229
(502) 957-3188

http://maps.google.com/maps/

A word on prize structure -

There will be prizes for First, Second and Third places.
There will NOT be guaranteed prizes beyond that.

This does remove the expectation that some prizes
will be supplied by players.

With Heroscape product getting increasingly scarce
the prizes will be as follows.

First place - Gift Certificate = 50% of registration (example- 20 people enter at 5 each... first prize is a 50$ gift certificate)

Second place - Gift Certificate = 30% of registration (continued example - this would be a $30 dollar Gift certificate)

Third place - Gift Certificate = 20% of registration (Got it by now? )

Additional prizes are always welcome and will be handed out on a superlative basis - (i.e. Furthest Distance Traveled, Best Sportsmanship, Most points scored against Gordon.)

Bring a snack to share!

Now accepting Map Suggestions!

Attending:
El Diabolo
Deroche
Major Q23
Video Sayge
Mr Chompy
Sawyer
Megasilver
Troy

Maybe:

Finalized Teams:
El Diabolo and Troy
Deroche and Necroblade
Megasilver and Slippery S
Major Q23 and Sibling Bot
Mr Spex and Holden

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; July 31st, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament Aug. 4th

Put me down as a maybe. It's close to GenCon time, so we will see.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:05 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maps will be the same as last month: GenCon 2012 maps and glyphs.

Post what you would like to bring please.

Map List

El Diabolo - Fulcrum
Megasilver - Jotun's Gap & Trailblazer
Viideosayg - Elswin Plateau & Invasion
Deroche - Isenfell & Ticalla Sunrise

Last edited by Deroche; July 27th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

If I make it, I'll bring the same two maps: Jotun's Gap and Trailblazer.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:13 PM

Me and Paul have already discussed our army idea. Even if we are not paired up, I will bring our army to play with my team member.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I'll be at this one! I plan on playing this event at GenCon so I think this will be great training, plus I've already thought up a lot of armies.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:36 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Me and Paul have already discussed our army idea. Even if we are not paired up, I will bring our army to play with my team member.
Right, that's the thing: NecroBlade and I obviously aren't going to be paired together, but we'll want to see our GenCon army in action by at least one of us (whatever that ends up being, we still don't know yet).

Old July 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

I'll be there, and I can bring Invasion and Elswin Plateau. Also in case you needed to know now to rate him, Sawyer wanted me to tell you that he is coming, and Nathan too since they don't have an account.
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Pretty sure I can make it to this one.

Hey, you're gonna put me down as a "1", right? Just pair me with Megasilver!

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

Hey Marcus, quick question. When it says the teams bring a 550 point army, is that 1 550 point army that we both decide on what to do, or two separate 550 point armies?
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viideosayg View Post
Hey Marcus, quick question. When it says the teams bring a 550 point army, is that 1 550 point army that we both decide on what to do, or two separate 550 point armies?
It's one army comprised of two halves that must be within 50 points of each other.

So each half at a minimum is at least 250 points, and therefore the other half can have a max of only 300 points. Also don't forget it's 24 spaces total (which can quickly lead to restriction issues when trying to come up with teams that involve any of the four-man squads).

Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok. Two weeks away... I am changing the tournament to free choices with partnerships. The mentorship thing is a good idea, but many of our less-experienced players show up at the final moments.

Now of course... the team to beat is Necroblade and Deroche!

Go get em!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events