Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM

lfvjh has disabled reputation
Re: South Florida Game Days

Nah, I've been so busy too I haven't been on here so I'm sooo out of the loop. I'm itching for some fun too but no rush, just let me know when.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Well, I've been looking at the calendar again and things are looking crazy.

How many of you can get together for a Saturday game on Feb. 28? (I know it is a ways off, but life is just not cooperating with Heroscape this semester...) Please let me know if that date will work for you.

Also, do you all like the idea of trying a melee fog (the idea that all ranged effects decrease by half, rounded down--with a minimum of 1 always)? How large of games do you want to try for--smaller faster (300ish) or larger (500+) or something else?

Looking forward to playing. It has been way too long since we all gathered.
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:04 PM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart
Thumbs down Re: South Florida Game Days

I for one cant do the Feb 28th. I have a school for the Saint Vincencent de Paul Society.

Valar Morghulis
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Shoot. I am striking out this year, aren't I? Can't even find a day within the first 2 months to play!

What are some suggestions from others?
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM

lfvjh has disabled reputation

I like the idea for the games, definitely sounds great. Well I'm good for anytime.

L
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Adrian Monk

All right. It appears I am cursed .

Turns out that I have an event with the youth group I volunteer with on Feb. 28, so it is out as well. That means the March 14 is likely the next Saturday I have free. (March! Seriously!)

Another option that comes to mind is to look into the Friday evening of Feb 27--it is a holiday for my daughter, so that helps. But I don't know how flexible War and Pieces is with Friday evening--seems like they are often full. (Since Friday is a holiday (at least for some of the younger players), maybe we could consider a Thursday evening thing--the 26th?)

I might be able to bump things around and do Feb 6 (a Fri--if we find a place) or Feb 20 (again a Fri.)--but I know those aren't good for a few of you (and, again, are Fridays).

I don't know--what do you all think? Suggestions are welcome. And if there is a great time for you all, maybe I am the problem--and I should just set something up with Sandy and not worry about trying to be there for all of it myself. (Or perhaps a window will open for me if you all have a good date to suggest...)
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that every day there except for the Feb. 6 one works on my schedule.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Adrian Monk

March Melee Madness--what do you think?

So, I'm looking at the calendar again and am thinking that March is the answer. How about March 14? I am fairly solid that I am not going to let March go by without getting together again, so speak up and tell me which Saturdays in March could work for you (14th or otherwise). Let's get something going!

Also, I'm thinking we can call this our March Melee Madness--maybe even make a tradition of it.

One more melee option that I strongly would like us to consider is Heat of the Battle. Jexik and others felt this was the most compelling new variant at GenCon and I think it will be a blast. Simple rules: Each player takes turns placing a single Army Card worth of unit(s) anywhere on the entire board except glyphs. This variant makes army placement a ton of fun and definitely gives melee a huge boost, though range still has a (limited) place.

What do you think? My thought is we could perhaps have a couple of HoB maps and a couple of Fog maps (all ranged effects/attacks cut in half, rounded down). What do you all think?

I for one am looking forward to some March Melee Madness...
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

March 14th is good for me; count on the Dane's being there.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM

goodlatte is surprisingly tart

I love the Melee idea by allowing range attacks at HALF power!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of that myself!

I am always willing to try random starting placements as well, though I'd also like to start on opposite sides......so how about every other match for the first few matches?

As far as DATES: March is when everyone visits Miami and stays with me. Even though I will absolutely do my best to go no matter what, the only weekends I do not have guests and can guarantee right now is March 7 or April 4. (Having said that, March 14 is the best of the March guest weekends...and I'm only one person .

Can't wait to see you all!!!

goodlatte
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Adrian Monk

That was my idea, that we'd do some Heat of the Battle (no start zones, just instant (potential) engagment), but also some Fog games (range cut in half, rounded down), where we use normal start zones.

I think both will be fun and it should open up some good army options (different ones for each, perhaps).

So, are you saying that March 14 could work? We would be doing our usual 10-2 (ish) I think. Or should we take a poll in here and try for one of those other days?. (April 4 is out of me, but March 7 might be possible...)

Been too long--I'm eager to play again!
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:26 PM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart

I think I can make the 14th.

Valar Morghulis

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events