Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old April 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 'Scaper family battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Everything looks good on my end Daddyscaper.

Nice battle reports, it must take a bit of work to do. I really appreciate you (and the others that do) posting them on here just so bums like me can be entertained.
Thank you for the kind words, Sparkle. It is a lot of work, which is why we've been playing more but I've been writing less since we reentered the hobby. Feedback like yours is encouraging, thanks again.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The Return of the King

We went to the BoV for our new map and KidScaper picked out Ch1can0's Road Rampage:

Before I get into the battle report I want to take a moment to lament Ch1can0's (hopefully temporary) disappearance from the boards. There are many fine cartographers out there, but I always found Ch1can0's maps especially appealing. Not only are they well laid out for game purposes, but they always seem to have appealing landscapes as well. I've noticed, for instance, that the roads he is so fond of blend seamlessly with the terrain around them and never sit awkwardly on top.

Ok, on to the game.

400 points, single general, here we go:

Me:
Tagawa Samurai Archers x2
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samurai
Guilty McCreech

KidScaper:
Charos
Greenscales x3

Well, well, well. If it isn't the return of Charos, untouched by KidScaper for several months now.

For our opening round OM's, I went with 1 Tagawa Samurai, 2 & 3 on the TSA's, hoping the purple samurai could hold down the center of the map while the archers did some damage from the back ranks.

The thing is, Charos and Greenscales move *incredibly* quickly. I was rolling defense dice for dragon and Greenscale attacks on OM 2 and my second Tagawa Samurai went down on OM 3. The Archers started to drop to the Greenscales, whose attack, boosted by Charos, did not let me get in a counterstrike until way too late.

So in Round 2 I rushed Kaemon Awa out to stop the bleeding. With his double special attack avoiding Charos' counterstrike, and getting in a few counterstrikes of his own, KA put 5 or so wounds on Charos during Round 2. Round 3, KA wearing two wound markers out of four life, I shifted to Guilty.

KidScaper sent Greenscales up from his reserves to take extra shots at KA as quickly as he could get them to the front. The first couple dropped to counterstrike but the last one finished what Charos had started:

From that point on it was cleanup. Charos pushing all the way into my start zone to take out the archer hiding there while his aura just barely reached the Greenscales surrounding Guilty on the hill on the right.

Finally - though this was easily the fastest game we had played in a long time - my last archer went down:

It was good to see KidScaper rolling with Charos again, and clearly I'm going to need to find something effective to counter this Greenroller.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 9th, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Winning Ugly

Ok, same map, new army build rules. Modeled after Tom's upcoming tourney in Philadelphia, 500 points, no more than 12 figures.

KidScaper embraced the format more than I did:
Charos
Q9
Ullar Protectors x1
500 pts, 5 figures

I went with a more traditional looking army:
Deathreavers x2
Hydra x3
Shiori
500 pts, 12 figures
I think I could have done better than Shirori for 60 points but I wanted a special attacker and I needed it to be one figure, so that's what I did. I also considered MBS though he does not technically have the special attack.

KidScaper led off with the Protectors; I sent out the Rats, who scattered at the Protectors, denying them the opportunity to get off a single Arablast at a hydra.

The first hydra took the center bridge, devouring one Protector but then going down to Q9, who took the high ground on the hill closest to KidScaper's start zone.

The second one came lumbering out with the rats tying down the Protectors. KidScaper made, to my mind anyway, a serious strategic blunder here, keeping Q9 on the top of the hill and mostly using him to Queglix Gun the rats, not taking shots at the approaching hydra. Later he explained that he didn't want the rats engaging Q9, which I'm sure made sense at the time, but I think KidScaper seriously overestimated the number of shields Q9 would be able to roll consistently once the 4 headed beast got close.

Anyway the hydra got close enough and 4 attacks of 4 was enough for the Major who, dramatically, whiffed against 3 skulls. Ouch.

I was *ahem* discouraged from taking a photo.

KidScaper bravely marched out Charos, his only unit left.

The same hydra, still full health, came plodding over from Q9's rusting corpse and from two hexes away, thus avoiding counterstrike, put 5 wounds on the big fella.

KidScaper and I agreed to call this one over and save some of our brainpower for another game, another day.

= =
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 'Scaper family battles - new reports 4/9 and 4/10

Great report DaddyScaper! Your triple hydra army seems pretty scary. Swap out Shori for Zetacron and I think you have got something. I will include the army in my playtesting.
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:58 AM

Krizo is surprisingly tart

Awesome report!!! I love the ones with pictures the best.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I love playing against the kids and seeing how their ideas about strategy evolve. I lost a game the other day where I played elves against my daughter's (7) army of agents and Quasatch. The next day my Krug and Heavy Orcs beat my son's army with Skahen and Drow. I haven't been able to convince Mrs. Legoboy to play in a while though.
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks Tom, I've never had a rooting interest in someone else's playtesting before. Good luck in the tourney & I hope TDing goes smoothly for you.

Krizo, thanks, I do too.

Legoboy, thank you for the kind words. I should definitely try to draw my 7 year old in a little more, but she just doesn't have much patience when the dice start going against her.

= =
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The Warriors of Ashra: More Durable Than Kate Gosselin and Twice as Annoying

Same map.

KidScaper built an army he hoped would counter hydras.

KidScaper:
Warriors of Ashra x2
Q9
Wyvern
Krav Maga Agents

I think for its intended purpose it was pretty well designed. I believe the Wyvern was included for its coolness factor, but otherwise this packs a lot of firepower and the WoA should be enough to slow down the massive hydra melee attack.

Regardless, after the emotionally draining slaughter of the previous battle I was going to mix things up.

DaddyScaper:
Q10
Nakitas
RotV Drake
Otonashi

I opened with Q10 up the middle and the Nakitas close behind to keep him protected as much as possible. KidScaper again sent Q9 up the hill nearest his start zone. Q9 killed a Nakita.

As I recall the Nakitas put a wound on Q9 and Q10 finished him off with a couple normal attacks from range.

I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that this would be another blowout.

The Krav came out. Not a good matchup for Q10's machine pistol, four 2 dice special attacks with a range of 7. They went down without doing anything.

The wyvern fared no better.

The WoA came out getting some key saving defense dice as they made their way up the road. Completely overconfident by this time, I didn't bother maneuvering a defense.

My favorite of the photos I've taken in the last couple of months:

Note to self: Do not let the WoA get close to your units. The Major went down. I whiffed repeatedly on the Nakitas' engagement strike.

Without the engagement strike there was no way the Nakitas would last. By the time the Nakitas were gone there were four Warriors of Ashra still remaining. Not a good matchup for Drake.

This is a pretty good shot of our WoA repaints. I think I could have done a lot more with them but I was using Testors and not the acrylic paint that the smart people use.

Time for the last stand.

Not likely.

KidScaper got revenge on his dad, this time.

= =
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 'Scaper family battles - new reports 4/9, 4/10 and 4/13

Were Q10's dice really bad against the WoA? I would think that two attacks of 4 would be good enough to take out more than one Warrior.

Old April 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Were Q10's dice really bad against the WoA? I would think that two attacks of 4 would be good enough to take out more than one Warrior.
I hit two of the approaching WoA with Q10's Assault Pistol, which I was using because of the larger number of targets, and the long road on the map meant their approach was quick. Plus they were rolling hot on defense, as I wrote above.

In a more competitive environment I might have chosen to pull back with Q10 to keep the WoA at range and allow the Nakitas to remain in place as a screen. But this was the second game in a row in which KidScaper's Q9 had dropped very early, and as his dad I was at this stage playing, to say something other than what I precisely mean, overconfident.

Shrewd question, sir.

= =
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

nevermind

Old April 25th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post

Note the little viking with the big spear, trying to get Krug’s attention.
Run, Sven! Run!

...Had to mention that.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports