Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Notices

Old November 6th, 2015, 12:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
X-Men Vs Shi'ar: Battle For the Throne

X-MEN VS SHI’AR: BATTLE FOR THE THRONE (Draft 5: 11/7/15)

Its time for the annual coup in the Alien Shi’ar Empire, as various evil pretenders to the throne order a misguided Imperial Guard to support their nefarious plans. The Inhuman Kree under Black Bolt are allied to them, (aiming to cripple the Shi’ar Empire once and for all by making them dependent on them). But all is not lost, as nice but neutral beings have summoned X-Men--lots of them--to put the traitors down and place a Good ruler in charge.

This scenario will pit two Good Players using any of the dozens of X-Men cards available as noted below in two 1,500 Point armies against two Evil players using GM preselected armies--one of Shi’ar and one of Inhumans/Kree—both of equivalent totals. This will be a simple ten turn kill ‘em all format; the side with the most remaining points left on the board wins. The game will be repeated as the players switch sides for a second game, so all players should build one X-Men army. Initial player side teams will be selected randomly, and kept for the second game.

The Chas X-Men Team List below gives 44 X-Men characters, and the point totals for their cards I have ready to play! No characters may appear more than once (even in different incarnations), so all four X-Men armies must be approved by the GM to avoid duplication--first come first served as usual.

These X-Men cards may be from any independent designer or C3G; the list below is for those who wish to use any of the more unusual cards listed, and to consider all who are available to us. Players are free to visit or ask about the Chas Supers Card hard copy collection regarding any cards they wish to use which are not available onsite!

The map will be a wide variety of terrain on the Shi’ar Home World with the palace throne room in the center.

THE X-MEN (44)

Angel 90/Archangel 260
Armor 100
Banshee 160
Beast 170
Bishop 180
Blink 145
Boom Boom 120
Cable 275
Cannonball 180
Colossus 260
Cyclops 190
Dazzler 100
Emma Frost 170
Fantomex 210/260
Firestar 120
Forge 170
Gambit 210
Havok 170
Iceman 150
Jean Grey 180/Phoenix 280/230
Jubilee 60
Karma 130
Longshot 130
Lockheed The Dragon 60
Magik 160
Magma 170
Moira MacTaggert 35
Moonstar 170
Nightcrawler 140
Polaris 165
Professor X 120
Psylocke 250
Rogue 300
Sage 190
Shadowcat 80/Kitty Pride 160
Storm 220
Strong Guy 215
Sunfire 170
Sunspot 120
Thunderbird 150
Warpath 320
Wolverine 280 /Weapon X 230
Wolvesbane 130
X-23 220

THE SHI’AR

Pretenders
Korvus Rook’shir 270 (C3G)
Deathbird 240 (C3G)
Imperial Guard (Drewman-chu)
Smasher 280
Warstar 265
Oracle 220
Hussar 155
Manta 120
Total: 1, 550 (7 Cards)

(Edit: Small Point changes in the Imperial Guard reflect DMC's newly posted playtest changes; its only -5 Points in total)

THE INHUMANS

Black Bolt 350 (Grey Owl)
Medusa 270 (Badgermaniac)
Karnak 200 ((All Skulls)
Gorgon 200 (Uranus P. Chicago)
Crystal 180 (Badgermaniac)
Triton 180 (Badgermaniac)
Lockjaw The Dog 120 (Grey Owl)
Total: 1,500 (7 Cards)

Scenario Designer Comments

Here’s a chance to try some different cards! The Shi’ar include most of the colorful Shi’ar Imperial Guard cards by Drewman-chu and two Pretenders to lead them from the brand new C3G release. The Inhumans are my best picks from many independent designers who worked to make their roster complete. As for the X-Men, you can stick with what you know or experiment with so many lesser known ones, either those I’ve collected in my hard copy files, C3G, or others.

In these two games, each player will use one DM premade army of Marvel Aliens (Shi’ar or Kree), and one X-Men army he makes himself. The many power combinations among a player’s cards and those of his ally’s team should make for many new and unique gaming situations and opportunities. There will be lots of card reading, but no complex scenario rules or math.

You’ll note that none of these teams use top level character point totals; they top out at about 300 points. So characters will have to work together for victory. I purposely removed Gladiator for example, the ‘Superman’ level leader of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard, and did not allow Vulcan as a Shi’ar Pretender. So you don’t even have to figure out character levels either. This should be a fun day where you don’t have to work too hard in preparation.

As for me, you know I’ll eventually be using some of the lesser known X-Men cards from my files, so feel free to ask about anyone you see on the list above. I won’t make my team up until yours are finished, so hopefully you’ll get first crack at anyone you want to try! Of course, that means you’ll have to get yours done before I can start, so get to it…

(Edits) A number of changes have been made to add to the X-Men list and revise numbers on the Shi'ar Imperial Guard (as per Drewman-chu), hence the Draft Number. Make sure you're using the latest one.

The actual cards for these characters and the player armies are posted downthread, and now all game cards are consolidated in one great post by Kolakoski!

(Note: if you're reading this in Marvelscape Maps and Scenarios, the cards are all posted in Official Heroscape/General Discussion/The New York City Gang of Four/Post #293)

Last edited by chas; November 11th, 2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old November 6th, 2015, 12:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Men Vs Shi'ar: Battle For the Throne

If you're reading the OP for the first time, you are seeing the email I sent to my three buddies in the New York City Gang of Four when I was preparing for my turn as Game Master in our monthly rotation. Since I was proud of how short it was, I want to add some other information for the general online public here on a separate post.

A few years ago, for those who don't know the story, I spend a month on The Great Supers Card Hunt. I am a Heroscape Supers player who enjoys C3G, but also the supers cards made by myself and many other independent designers here online. I combed through both the long C3G Books of Index list and the A-Z of Custom Created Superheroes (Independent Creators List) which is stickied at the top of the Comic Hero Custom Creations area, and then went page by page through every one of the threads in that section, (some of which are no longer active) taking my favorite card(s) to make as many comic heroes and villains available for my table as possible.

The result is an online resource you can use called The Chas Quickscan Master Lists here in the Marvelscape subforum, again in that same section. Updated periodically, they today list almost 800 different characters from Marvel, DC, and Independent comics universes--with a seperate list for Superheroes and Supervillains. There are also Super Team Rosters so you can fill out your game with various members of the same team if you like--from The X-Men and The Legion of Superheroes to Darkseid's Court and Shi'ar Aliens. There are also support categories such as the Police, the Army, Terrorists, Non-Super Powered Villains, and etc.

These lists do not contain the cards themselves, but have the point costs, designers, team membership, and other data which you can use of to find the cards you hope exist. Once you know there is in fact a card for a character, you can search it out on one of the longer lists noted above, or the threads of individual designers such as Grey Owl, Griznakh, Drewman-chu, Sherman Davies, and many, many others. I have hard copy cards for them all in my own files printed out, and you can build your own library for future games.

And you can even design your own. Most of us start out with characters that no one has made yet to bridge gaps, but sometimes want to create our own versions of our favorites. Everyone loves to hear that you've tried their stuff out, and what you thought. If you decide to permanently modify their designs, the ethos here is just to give them the credit for the original. Feel free!

The armies generated in the above scenario are based on my Super Team Roster lists, and gave me in fact a chance to update them and the Master Lists. Which means that hopefully new versions will be appearing soon...

Meanwhile, you can follow the adventures of The NYCG4 on its own thread in the General Discussion section of the first Official Heroscape subforum, including our Classic, Customs, Supers, Arena of the Planeswalkers, and Mixed Scape games using most or all of them together.

Last edited by chas; November 6th, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios