Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:55 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: 2 New Maps 3/2/19 - Crush & Spider's Den

Here's two maps I'm very happy with, Crush and Spider's Den:

Crush:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 VW
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs

Spider's Den:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF

Crush - Very hard set combination to do right, but I'm satisfied with how this one turned out. You don't get a lot of LoS blockers with SotM, and technically non with VW, so you have to improvise. Raised Molten lava, coupled with the Hive's position between both glyphs and contrasting with the far rock, I'm very happy with this one. I also dig the asymmetries that resulted when I was playing around with it. The name is the idea that something that crushed (or crushing) the land and resulting in volatile lava and low dirty water seeping up from below.

Spider's Den - This one I wanted a short and sweet SotM/Road map with heavy action in the middle. The glyphs are close and action starts right away, but the height you have to work for or have already access the middle road(s). It's kind of like a double-figure 8, one circling the hive and tree cluster, the other circling the hive and the other tree cluster. I wanted the gameplay to flow as such, maneuvering circular around the three structures. I'm a bit worried if the sand three hex is too good for Q9/Q10/Nilf/etc. against an all melee army. The counter idea to that is accessing either or both of the outside hills and shooting down at them. But if you don't have any range - not sure. I'm hoping you can flank both sides easily and effectively enough, as well as attack the glyphs, if someone is running rats+big multi attack hero that it won't be too hard on all-melee. But yeah, other than that, I'm happy with this one. The thick evergreen and small enclosed area reminded me of a liar of a giant spider (like sheelob from LOTR or something), and the road footprints also remind me of spiders, so that's where the name comes from.
Old March 8th, 2019, 05:40 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/7/19 - Frost Giants

Here's my second map in my Hasbro Remake Series - an icy adaptation of the original classic Table of Giants map, called Frost Giants:

Frost Giants:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs, 2 random Treasure Glyphs
*Snow/Ice Rules: Normal Snow, Normal Ice

It uses a near same startzone-into-raised-seven-hex foundation, which I always found was really cool about Table of Giants. I added a third raised seven hex in the middle, and, thanks to TT, added two LOS blockers giving some cover and breaking the open straight line (which is susceptible to brutal shooting) that connects the two start zones. The rest of the map is quite different, both sides have large LOS blockers instead of just one side as seen in the original, and I added glyphs closely on both sides of the raised seven-hex-string. And, added treasure glyphs farther out on both sides as well to encourage stronger heroes to not just occupy the raised seven hexes and gives more reason to go out there in general.

I think it will also work with Heavy Snow as well, I just haven't tested it yet. Maybe I'll add that to the main post in the future.

Last edited by Cleon; March 8th, 2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old March 8th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/8/19 - Arroyo

Very happy with this one......it's a symmetrical RotV/BtfU map called Arroyo:

Arroyo:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 BftU
Glyphs: 1 random Power Glyph, 2 random Treasure Glyphs

I'll write up a small blurb and edit it in later - don't have the time as I'm headed off to work right now
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:23 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/14/19 - Corridor

Here's a brand new one. It's a small map that only uses 1 BftU and 1 FotA. It's an old broken corridor (kind of like the mines of Moria from LOTR is what I was imagining in my head), hence the name. It's asymmetrical and is basically sanctioned off into 3 or 4 areas.

Corridor:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 BftU, 1 FotA
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs, 2 random Treasure Glyphs

I'm a little bit concerned about the Hydra on this map. I think the limited height coupled with the wide easy castle road making quick access to the treasure glyphs works well for it, but virtually every unit will be able to combat it quickly so I hope that makes up for it. I think it will.

But other than that, I dig it.

At this point all of the maps I had made throughout the past few years are now up and ready for download, besides Greenlands/Bloodlands. I'm still editing Greenlands and am not sure when it will be ready, I'm still unsatisfied with it. But yeah, besides those 2, all maps from here on out are brand new (March 2019- onward)! Including this one - Corridor.

I have a few more in the works at the moment, namely one that's 1 RotV + 1 TJ. Stay tuned.
Old March 15th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Oo, I really like the looks of Corridor. Looks like a lot of cool pathing and ways to use the map. I'll try it out sometime in the next couple weeks.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:39 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Oo, I really like the looks of Corridor. Looks like a lot of cool pathing and ways to use the map. I'll try it out sometime in the next couple weeks.
Thanks dude. I like the way you can jump from area to area on the castle road and weave around the walls, it's feels different than most maps. Let me know how it goes
Old March 17th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yeah I really like Corridor as well. It's a nice seemingly symmetrical-but-not map that looks like a lot of fun.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 18th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Yeah I really like Corridor as well. It's a nice seemingly symmetrical-but-not map that looks like a lot of fun.
Thank you. I think quite a few maps of mine turn out that way - 'symmetrical-but-not' haha. Flanked comes to mind.
Old March 18th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/18/19 - Zigzag

Here's a new map I made. I call it, "Zigzag"

Zigzag:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 TJ
Old March 18th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I like it! BUT I do think you need a “land bridge” to allow development from the left side of the startzones so units aren’t forced to stop/drop into water. Just 1 hex replacing a water will do. Otherwise you’ll have Dragons or other flyers able to jump over to that height and attack down on units before they can develop through that side caus they’re getting stuck in water. Even if it’s melee, developing through the right is extremely easier and will gov the advantage to the opponent on that side. The other side would be forced to wade through water or go through the valley in the center to try and Contest that side. Better just to open up the left side to allow units to still develop through each side of the startzones. Even 2 hexes could be good to open it up even more for them.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I like it! BUT I do think you need a “land bridge” to allow development from the left side of the startzones so units aren’t forced to stop/drop into water. Just 1 hex replacing a water will do. Otherwise you’ll have Dragons or other flyers able to jump over to that height and attack down on units before they can develop through that side caus they’re getting stuck in water. Even if it’s melee, developing through the right is extremely easier and will gov the advantage to the opponent on that side. The other side would be forced to wade through water or go through the valley in the center to try and Contest that side. Better just to open up the left side to allow units to still develop through each side of the startzones. Even 2 hexes could be good to open it up even more for them.
Amen to this.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 19th, 2019, 06:22 AM
Baron of Beantown V

I like the water cut off, the idea of it is that that side is more inclined to go for the glyph. There's jungle covering two of the water spaces, and then additional jungle as that side climbs up towards the top 3-hex rock to gain def to help combat it. It is true that the right side is able to go for the glyph, too, but then you lose a right side figure(s) in your right side's fleet, which is inclined to get to their rock 3-hex. The middle/right side also has an inclination to start going for the middle, too. Maybe I should make it harder for the right side to get the glyph....not sure, I like it currently, but I could see pushing the glyph into the sand to further legitimize the left side. Maybe make it somehow harder for the right side to get the glyph and keep it in the same place is another option.

I think I'm going to keep it right now, as I think the left side works, but I'm not opposed to making a slight change in the future to discourage right side units to go for the glyph.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios