Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 30th, 2016, 01:40 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post

Those are some interesting "trees". Does it look like they lock into the hex they are on somehow...similar to how the ice formations do? I love the way that article describes them, its kind of hilarious.

The figures in that photo appear to be a little higher quality.
I actually think they are attached directly to the tiles. You can almost make out what looks like a hole on the last one.
Yeah, there is a kind of dot at the edge which makes me think it is attached somehow. That article mentions cutting them down, so I would imagine they have to come off easily.

also, of the squad cards shown they all have the unique symbol on them. I wonder which ones are the commons?

The black cardboard terrain looks cool.
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:47 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I don't like how the new black floor blends with the tiles
Old June 30th, 2016, 03:00 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As excited as I am to get anything new even remotely heroscape related, I can't help but wonder if these twisted trees will be nothing more then a place for ranged folks to camp out with no way to engage them other then with other ranged figures. I guess I will just have to wait and see...
Old June 30th, 2016, 04:15 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Those "trees" are called Cryptoliths. I hope they aren't ranged sniping nests, but simply have flat tops for decoration. They may even how special powers concerning Eldrazi!

The Necro-Alchemist I believe stems from the card Geistblast:

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old June 30th, 2016, 04:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A Comprehensive Guide To Opinions On MTG:AOTP Terrain

* There is not enough terrain.

* There is too much terrain, because the mystic planes are supposed to be completely flat.

*There is, or will soon be, the wrong kinds of terrain.

*Carboard terrain is cheap and practical.

*Cardboard terrain is cheap and pointless.

*Painted on water levels are hard to remember.

*Painted on water levels are simple and useful.

*I don't care, because I already own tons of original Heroscape terrain I can use.

*I care, because I'm just getting into the game system, and don't have any old Scape terrain pieces.

Feel free to add your own...
Old June 30th, 2016, 04:27 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

*I care, although I have enough terrain, because I care about new players and game longevity.

*The game should be called Arena of the Plainswalkers.

*The terrain is the wrong color.

*The new Cryptothings are dangerous, protections glasses should be included
Old June 30th, 2016, 05:01 PM

This is interesting and suggest that these things might have some effect other then just being an obsticale.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Cryptoliths

Old June 30th, 2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
This is interesting and suggest that these things might have some effect other then just being an obsticale.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Cryptoliths

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtG Salvation
Cryptoliths or Cluestones[1] are stone artifacts created by the planeswalker Nahiri
From the article

Quote:
Nahiri, using the power of lithomancy, can pop down a bonus sand tile to give herself the high ground.
Old June 30th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Loving all the speculation and tidbits of info. It does feel like old times a bit.
Really looking forward to grabbing this at Gen Con.

If they start doing a Gen Con promo figure I will be very happy.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 30th, 2016, 06:01 PM

Old June 30th, 2016, 06:04 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

The "twisted terrain" are 'Cryptoliths'.

According to Mt:G salvation wiki:

Quote:
Cryptoliths or Cluestones are stone artifacts created by the planeswalker Nahiri on the plane of Innistrad. They are scattered all over the landscape.

A typical cryptolith

Tamiyo's alchemical analysis on the moorlands' cryptolith formations showed a high surface hardness, and a directional energy field along a twisting axis. The strength of the internal lodestone field in each monolith is able to distort local field lines and poles. The scattered formation caused a net migration of Innistrad's pole to a location just offshore of Nephalia, the Drownyard. The disruptive properties of the stones appear to warp the flow of mana through the region, with potentially severe effects for beings composed of raw mana — particularly the angels of the plane.

...Aaaaaaand I didn't see the rest of the comments on page 5 before posting my comment. Sorry for the redundancy.

Last edited by Colorcrayons; June 30th, 2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Oops
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:59 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I don't like how the new black floor blends with the tiles
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't much care for the cheapish color/look of the tiles in the first one but at least it matched the desert terrain. I was hoping we would get some dark tiles this time around. I wonder how many tiles will be included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Those "trees" are called Cryptoliths. I hope they aren't ranged sniping nests, but simply have flat tops for decoration.
From the linked article:
Quote:
Characters can climb cryptoliths to rain furious attack dice down upon enemy heads.
It sounds like that is exactly what they are. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News