Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 19th, 2015, 06:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
TREX's MOD THREAD 10-19-15

PUMMELROOT ELEMENTALS

ILLUSIONS

PHANTOMS

Traditional paintjob on the elementals, just a white drybrush on the blue units to make them more misty like. In hindsight, if I did the blue guys again I would water down the white paint a little bit to help smooth out the white drybrush.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; October 25th, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old October 19th, 2015, 07:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 10-19-15

Been painting some figures from the new Imperial Assault game that I plan to double for all intensive HOSS purposes.
ATST WALKER

STORMTROOPERS

Painted these guys up to look pretty filthy, I've already got alot of shiny white ones.

PROBE DROIDS

IMPERIAL ROYAL GUARD

I used a sweet set of tutorials on youtube by a guy named Sorastro's Painting. Mine didn't turn out as good as his, but he is a genious. He also uses better paints than me.

Old October 19th, 2015, 08:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Those look pretty nice. I'm most jealous of the probe droids though since I don't have any minis of that unit.
Old October 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , picking up Imperial Assault on sale for $65 bucks on Amazon having at least 30 minis only puts them a 2 bucks each. Thats if you just bought it for minis. The game inside looks quite cool(but complex). There is a lot of high dollar minis that you would have to spend a lot more for if just buying for hoss. The eweb gunners are at least 10 bucks a piece. The probe droids last I checked were more than 15 bucks a piece. ATST only at about 6-8 bucks, Stormtroopers, Imp Guards, Imp Officers all 1-2 bucks. Basically at 65 bucks its a good deal if you want to play HOSS and play Imperial assault. Though the painting of figures is required. The duel play was a key buying note for me.

Old October 20th, 2015, 12:14 PM

TheGeneral has disabled reputation

Was wondering if anyone could create classic heroscape cards for the AOTP squads and adjust them for competetive play
Old October 20th, 2015, 01:29 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Was wondering if anyone could create classic heroscape cards for the AOTP squads and adjust them for competetive play
Yep, there are forums for all of those needs. There is a whole section in the forums tab if you scroll down far enough.

Old October 20th, 2015, 02:16 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

How have I not seen this thread before!?! Subscribed.
Old October 25th, 2015, 12:58 PM
"like" happy

Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 10-25-15

Here are my latest Paint Jobs from the AOTP Master set.
RHINOX VETERANS

KOR HOOKMASTERS

RESTLESS ZOMBIES

BLIGHTED REAVERS

Old October 25th, 2015, 01:48 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

Great work! Now I'm inspired to attempt to paint mine.
Old October 25th, 2015, 11:00 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Oh so beautiful! All of these are so well painted. The colors look great on all of these, Star Wars and AotP alike. Great job here, you're really amazing at doing these mods/repaints.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:00 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Dang, seeing your work on the AotP figures simultaneously makes me want to sit down and paint all of them now and yet feel like I couldn't do them justice.

But on a side note: How do you do your washes?
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:17 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Dang, seeing your work on the AotP figures simultaneously makes me want to sit down and paint all of them now and yet feel like I couldn't do them justice.

But on a side note: How do you do your washes?
The washes are done with either a darker color of the same of the base coat, or I use a black or brown paint. Either way it is watered down paint.(the more waterery the lighter the wash, the thicker it is the more grungy or strong wash.) I also add floor polish to the mix. I saw a tutorial on here long ago, the floor polish helps the paint cling to the crevices making the figures details pop.
Thanks for all the kind words you guys. The figures are much more pleasing to the eye when they are painted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions