Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

View Poll Results: What Video Game System Is The Best?
Microsoft Xbox 360 28 30.11%
Playstation Move 1 1.08%
Playsation 3 18 19.35%
Playstaion Portable (PSP) 0 0%
Nintendo Wii 23 24.73%
Nintendo DS/DSi 8 8.60%
Other (older gaming systems like Gameboy, Playstation 2, SEGA systems, etc.) 35 37.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 9th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Is The Best Video Game System? (Poll)

I don't get headaches from it, fortunately. I actually like the red color.

Yeah, I bought one a year or so ago.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; December 9th, 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
Faulty poll. PC is the best.

I voted 360, but Gameboy was a heck of a lot of fun.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

I was forced to vote other, SNES is the best by far! Revolutionary graphics (for its time) and some of the best games EVER!
Here's a little sampler:
  1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. Earthbound
  4. Super Metroid
  5. LoZ: Link to the Past
  6. Secret of Mana
  7. Star Ocean
  8. Megaman 7, X1-3
  9. Super Mario RPG
  10. Super Mario World
No particular order, but great games!

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

Okay, I kid, I kid. But the only reason I'm kidding is because it doesn't have enough games. It had a lot of potential, and the only thing that holds it back is the small library of games.
when I was a kid my uncle had one of these. I played it for quite a bit, only had 2 games though, both of which were mario. The whole 3D thing was mindblowing when your 9-12
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

They're using the same fundamental technology to develop the 3DS now. The Virtual Boy runs off of an old design called a "stereoscope" that places two images over one another giving a 3D illusion.

That being said, Teleroboxer would make an awesome game on a newer platform...

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When it comes right down to it, the answer is there's far less of a difference anymore than people want you to believe. Most of them all play the same games with a few exclusives, and even the exclusives are largely the same experience (hello era of the FPS, no pulling the camera back of few feet does not significantly alter the game). The companies like the flame wars because it generates brand loyalty, but in the end it really, really doesn't matter that much:

PC - A few unique genres you won't find anywhere else. RTS games, MMOs, and other sims thrive here. Extremely precise controls for FPSs (I consider it a little too precise personally) as well. Downside is that most people don't have as good of an audio/video setup for their PC as they would for a console. The mouse and keyboard which drives the unique genres of the PC doesn't work nearly as well on the couch as a controller either.

Xbox 360 - Strong online network with a lot of great community tools. Best if you build a good friends list as the untamed larger internet is the usual cesspool. Quite a few strong exclusive (semi exclusive, they tend to also show up on the PC) games, including several games that may appear elsewhere, but were VERY poorly ported (Bayonetta). Terrific Xbox Live Arcade games. My favorite controller for 3D games by a long shot.

PS3 - Terrific Blu-Ray player. Far superior D-Pad to anything else for fighting games and 2D platformers. Uncharted. Terrible triggers on the controller that was great 15 years ago, but really needs to be redesigned.

Wii - Very different from the rest. Generally a totally different selection of games, even among those that share the same title. Quite a few excellent exclusives that tend to harken back to an older school of game design (ie color, simple controls, fewer space marines). Library bogged down with an absurd amount of terrible shovelware.

As for portable gaming machines... those are an entirely different experience. Hard to compare, but basically, I find the PSP to be useless junk, the DS to be the king of the roost, and the iPhone/Android/phone stuff to be full of absolutely fantastic 3 minute time wasters, but lacking in anything with long term appeal.
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:52 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
I was forced to vote other, SNES is the best by far! Revolutionary graphics (for its time) and some of the best games EVER!

Here's a little sampler:
  1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. Earthbound
  4. Super Metroid
  5. LoZ: Link to the Past
  6. Secret of Mana
  7. Star Ocean
  8. Megaman 7, X1-3
  9. Super Mario RPG
  10. Super Mario World
No particular order, but great games!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:55 AM

MegaDiamond10 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

PS2 (Most Epic Overall)
N64 (Classic)
Gamecube(Good Alternative too the PS2...Swapping Sony games 4 Nintendo Games)
XBOX 360 (EPIC Graphics)
PSP (Handheld)

When My Uncle Got me a PS2 I Was like ------>
When My PS2 Broke i Was Like --------------->
When i Got a New PS2 I Was Like ------------>
When I Got Home & Realised My PS2's Sensor Just Needed Cleaned (After Spending $45.00 on a New PS2) I Was Like --->

If You Love Something, Set it Free.
If it Comes Back to You, It's Yours.
But if it Doesn't Then it Never Was.
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I say the Playstation 2. Sweet system, and the old block one seemed to be made of steel!

It's own library was epic in size. It could play PS1 games (pending you've got a memory card). Many arcade games (that weren't directly owned by Nintendo ), were also put onto disc form so younger people could enjoy the days of Satan's Hollow.

As far as newer systems goes, the DS series is fantastic!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

Okay, I kid, I kid. But the only reason I'm kidding is because it doesn't have enough games. It had a lot of potential, and the only thing that holds it back is the small library of games.
Didn't you buy one?
Yes.

It displays 3D images differently from the 3DS, BTW. The Virtual Boy has 2 separate screens, one for each eye while the 3DS displays the 3D on one screen, so tilting it even slightly makes it looks like ****. Since the graphics are sprite based, it also doesn't look like jagged crap when you turn on the 3D.

Plus, some of the games seem to be based around the 3D gimmick, instead of just having regular games with objects slightly in front or behind each other. There is no point in this half-assed 3DS non-gimmick 3D IMO.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, that monstrosity had potential if you enjoyed severe headaches, crappy red graphics. It didn't fail because of its launch (that was the 3DS's problem), it was that it was a horrible, horrible system that was awkward, not really portable, and was so very very red.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:53 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Yes, that monstrosity had potential if you enjoyed severe headaches, crappy red graphics. It didn't fail because of its launch (that was the 3DS's problem), it was that it was a horrible, horrible system that was awkward, not really portable, and was so very very red.
*shrugs* It's not that bad. I like the red.

I'm not saying that the 3DS is a bad system, it's just that its 3D sucks compared to the Virtual Boy's 3D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games