Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscapers that are published authors

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
My work does not have an ISBN number or anyhting, but I do work as a "writer" professionally. I work on the team that writes tutorials and help files for Autodesk AEC software products. The manuals I have contributed mostly to are Revit Architecture 2009 Tutorials, Revit Architecture 2009 Help files, Revit Architecture Families Guide.

Since others have posted download links here is mine:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=11091739

Though you really would have no reason to look at this stuff unless you are trying to learn how to use Revit Architecture.
Update to my original post. I am now going to be an "official" published author. The author of this book contacted me this week to be a contributor and help him complete this book.

http://www.paulaubin.com/mastering_r...cture_2010.php

It already has a publishing agreement. I signed a contract stating I WILL be credited in the preface and the sections I write.

Perhaps not the most exciting to those outside the world of Architectural software but it IS a big thing for me. Especially since the author came looking for ME to be a contributor.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
I am now going to be an "official" published author. The author of this book contacted me this week to be a contributor and help him complete this book.

http://www.paulaubin.com/mastering_r...cture_2010.php

It already has a publishing agreement. I signed a contract stating I WILL be credited in the preface and the sections I write.

Perhaps not the most exciting to those outside the owrld of Architectural software but it IS a big thing for me. Especially since the author came looking for ME to be a contributor.
It's always exciting to be published! Congrats and + rep!
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:06 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post

It's always exciting to be published! Congrats and + rep!
Thanks.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

A local publisher just published my wife’s first book. Technically she is not a Heroscaper but I do have a photography credit in the book. And my daughter did most of the artwork in the book.

My wife has a monthly travel column in a local magazine and she made a book out of alot the different places we have gone with the kids.

Feel free to purchase it on Amazon. (shameless plug)

Old June 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, this is pretty cool how many of us are out there. Still waiting on Truth's first book.

My 4th book is coming out this month keep your eyes out for "Uncle Chestnut"

I've also made my Christian Samurai book free to download:
http://eternal-revolution.com/382/ch...load-for-free/

Finally updated the first post.

Last edited by RageAngel; June 4th, 2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old June 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
In 2001 I co-authored a paper that was in
Bulk Solids Handling

I authored a chapter in Foundations 3 - The practical Resource for total Dust and Material Control
ISBN 0-9717121-0-7

I then was one of the 5 main authors of the Foundations 4
book
ISBN 978-0-9717121-1-9
Both Foundations books are textbooks used in the bulk solids industry
These actually just came back from the printer...I have a copy in my hand...That is such a bizarre feeling. Kudos to anyone else who has had the patience to endure the process.

http://www.martin-eng.com/apps/f4/

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here are some links to my creative nonfiction publication and a review of my fiction publication that should also give you an indication of where to find it if you're truly interested.
Cool idea for a thread. Huzzah.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice idea for a thread! +rep. I am working on publishing my first short story, but I don't know where to send it just yet. And it still needs a little work.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My uncle is soon to publish a book, but he isn't a Heroscaper so I guess it wouldn't go on the list.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:49 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I had a pair of young adult educational books published in the early 2000s and I've worked as a journalist for the last five years.

I'll have to go back and hunt down my fiction publications.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

I was a freelance PC game reviewer for PC Gamer from 10/06 - 7/08, for what it's worth. It got to be a pain in the butt and was affecting my enjoyment of videogaming in general so I'm glad I walked away when I did. Wasn't as cool as one might think it could be.

Notable games reviewed in the magazine included: Overlord, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Pirates of the Burning Seas.

I also wrote several reviews and articles for GamesRadar (which is also a Future, Inc. subsidiary), including a Strategy piece on Supreme Commander and reviews of Wolves of the Pacific, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, and Savage 2, to name a few notables.
Old July 4th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I was wondering if anyone could give tips for publishing work. I am currently finishing up a short story that I think is pretty solid and I think I could get it published somewhere, but I don't know where to start. If at all possible, I'd like to get paid for it (do people even still pay for short stories?), but in the end it's just an attempt for an aspiring writer to lengthen his portfolio.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books