Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
The tale of the deadliest spider ever.

I got the best Father's Day gift ever this past weekend. After dozens of games and frustrating moments (only becasue I'm impatient) the basic rules of HeroScape finally 'clicked' for my 5 year old, he can play that version of the game no problem now and pretty much dictates the entire flow as the game progresses.

That said, when we were finally able to bust out TJ and the spiders the other day, he naturally was pulled towards the bugs. Before I even had the boxes open he laid claim to Sujoah and the 5 squads of spiders.

Long battle short, I had him on the ropes with only 1 spider left in his army to my Zetacron, Uglinesh, and Wo-Sa-Ga... the dice were rolling in my favor, or so I thought.

Then... it happened.

Some how over the next 3 turns I couldn't roll a skull or shield when I needed them for my life and one lonely spider killed the three of them and stole victory from the jaws of defeat. If it's going to happen though, that's when the timing is perfect, my son lit-up when he pulled off the victory as I sat absolutely astonished at his good turn in fortune.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 22nd, 2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:01 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The tale of the deadliest spider ever.

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at you. As long as you had a good game. Also glad to hear that the Fyorlag Spiders are not half bad. Tell your son good job from me.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart

Great story. Can't wait till my son is old enough to play. Then I will have someone to lose to besides his mother.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at you. As long as you had a good game. Also glad to hear that the Fyorlag Spiders are not half bad. Tell your son good job from me.

-scorp
It was definitely a moment that could only be laughed at... amazing.

-insert signature here-
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

MIghty Spider!

maybe its a representation of an amazing spider hero to come!

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:51 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDAR88 View Post
MIghty Spider!

maybe its a representation of an amazing spider hero to come!
Huh, a spider hero, what an original concept...

Lol, couldn't help it.

Hilarious Nyys, I can't even begin to imagine the looks on your faces
Sound's like he's finally getting the hang of it eh? Plan on introducing him to Advanced rules soon?

2013, Still alive.
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal0fan117 View Post
Hilarious Nyys, I can't even begin to imagine the looks on your faces
Sound's like he's finally getting the hang of it eh? Plan on introducing him to Advanced rules soon?
Taking it slow. We pretty much have only played on flat maps but I threw in some height here and there to get him used to counting the sides when he wants to go up. I think I'll hold off on the height advantage concept until we go thru all the different terrain types. He knows you have to stop in water unless you're a viper (or now Wo-Sa-Ga too) and that you pretty much get fried on molten lava, but that's it for that stuff. Going to teach him the road, snow, and then lava rock rules next, then we'll delve into some of the other stuff when he gets a grip on that.

-insert signature here-
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:36 AM

mrcharleswhite is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Some how over the next 3 turns I couldn't roll a skull or shield when I needed them for my life and one lonely spider killed the three of them and stole victory from the jaws of defeat.
Seems to happen to me as well, nyys. My 5 yr old daughter doesn't like the game unless she's teamed up with me for the master game. She does all the rolling and gets moves/attacks explained to her. We've never lost and it is usually her figs left on the board.

Congrats to your son!!!

A toast to bread, for without bread there would be no toast.
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool Arachnid kid!

Classic moment!
That's great to read it was your son's spider tearing up dad's forces. Makes for great HS memories!
Paint something on that spider to denote its regal status!
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Arachnid kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Classic moment!
That's great to read it was your son's spider tearing up dad's forces. Makes for great HS memories!
My thoughts exactly! These are stories that are told over and over again and I'm sure your son will not let you forget it.

Newb.
Old June 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Holy.. that's horrorfying... I'll be careful if I ever get the Spiders...
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
Re: Arachnid kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Classic moment!
paint a red hourglass on it

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports