Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old June 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker
Left 4 Dead 2!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XpzeK_YpGI

The new E3 trailer looks AWESOME! I ahve heard that there are 5 new campaigns along with melee weapons such as chainsaw, ax, baseball bat, and the frying pan. HECK YES!

Old June 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Left 4 Dead 2!!!!!

Anyone else disappointed that this is a new release as opposed to an update to Left4Dead?

I know that I am...

Perhaps I've been spoiled by TF2.
Old June 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Dissapointed? Maybe but I mean really, you are getting 5 new campaigns so its pretty much an entire new game. I will be disapointed that I probably wont get my 53,595 kills in time though.

Old June 6th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Anyone else disappointed that this is a new release as opposed to an update to Left4Dead?

I know that I am...

Perhaps I've been spoiled by TF2.
A little, but I knew it was going to happen, and called it months ago.

I don't know, for some reason I just wish expansion packs worked with console games.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think you're the first person I've seen who's happy about this. Most everybody is ****ed off.

They promised more stuff for Left 4 Dead, and instead they make a new game. This was poor marketing. They are making fans mad, and they could have milked the first one for a couple of yeas yet.

This was just a bad decision. My brother has the first one, and he's boycotting the new one because he wanted more content.

...But TF2 is still great...
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
This was poor marketing. They are making fans mad, and they could have milked the first one for a couple of yeas yet.
Yea! Yea!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
...But TF2 is still great...
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
This was poor marketing. They are making fans mad, and they could have milked the first one for a couple of yeas yet.
Yea! Yea!
Okay, I lol'd.

But I agree, it had a few years they could have done stuff with it. But no, people are so impatient anymore. Remember when it would take five years for a good game sequel? Man.

Old June 7th, 2009, 12:17 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

I'm all for L4D 2, I don't mind paying $60 for a new game over $20+ for 1/15th of an old one.

New games equal better design, new characters, and things that might not have been possible on the old one.

Bonus content is cool and all, but now it seems like developers make it all, and then hold it from the release to milk an extra buck out of the product.

Do you know what game I'd pay hard earned cash to get extra content? Shadowrun, I loved the shooter re-make.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
I'm all for L4D 2, I don't mind paying $60 for a new game over $20+ for 1/15th of an old one.

New games equal better design, new characters, and things that might not have been possible on the old one.

Bonus content is cool and all, but now it seems like developers make it all, and then hold it from the release to milk an extra buck out of the product.

I don't have a problem with it being a seperate game. Eventually the four campaigns will get boring so having 5 brand new ones will be really fun. Plus I don't think a lot of this could be captured with an update or a DLC which is probably what it would have been. You couldn't really add melee weapons to the current one because they would be useless, just use the gun. Plus the infected probably would be screwed with new weapons and updates you would have to be really really really good to even do 10 damage to a person.

Old June 8th, 2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl with a k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post

I don't have a problem with it being a seperate game. Eventually the four campaigns will get boring so having 5 brand new ones will be really fun. Plus I don't think a lot of this could be captured with an update or a DLC which is probably what it would have been. You couldn't really add melee weapons to the current one because they would be useless, just use the gun. Plus the infected probably would be screwed with new weapons and updates you would have to be really really really good to even do 10 damage to a person.
I agree in a way, because there is a lot that can be done with new games, yes. Trust me, I play games that do that a lot. However, I think it just could have waited. It's barely been 9 months, if that, and it's like they're popping out a baby right after having one--too soon. The game is still gathering recognition as a great game and though game of the year, they could have milked it longer, gained a bigger fanbase over time, and then come out with a new one. To me it makes more sense in a business way, but then, of course, the sooner the new one, the more money they make from people who already bought the first one AND a new crowd, so there is that.

I don't think they could have incorporated the new melee weapons into this system, so that makes sense. That would be a whole new program for the game to learn and that's hard with just DLC. It's been done before but it's glitchy. New campaigns would be good, but there is still a lot to do with the versus and survival they just released, so it feels rushed, too soon to me. That's just my opinion, though. I'll get the new one no matter what, but I just feel it could have waited.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games