Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 7th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Killo...without knowing your gaming group situation it is hard to make a list..only because we may be steering you towards a great game that you never get to play because you dont have the number of people to play with on a normal basis.
I hope more people than just me find this list useful, but even if it is just me, these rankings at least give a starting point for what games to research further.

Whew, this list is harded to keep up with than the Figure Count.

Edit: Tuba, you're right-Redneck Life is AWESOME

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:59 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll - 35 games ranked!

Are you opposed to categorizing the games by recomended ages so that people know wether they are appropriate for children or not?
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Why is Power Grid listed at both 5 and 15?
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I don't play that many "cool" games, so I can only vote on a few that I've played.

1 Summoner Wars - My son wants to play this all the time. It's only getting a rest because the D&D Set came this week.
2 Dirge - I really like this one, but it is pretty heavy. It's a little too heavy for my son.
3 Sorry! Sliders - Light, quick, and ridiculously fun.
4 Colosseum - There are almost too many different things going on, but it works.
5 The most recent Risk - Some simple little changes to the game that really enhance the experience.
X Settlers of Catan - I just don't get it. I don't really see how this is so much better than Monopoly. I'd rather play Monopoly.
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

1) Song of Blades and Heroes
2) Carcassonne
3) Connect Four
4) Scrabble
5) Settlers of Catan

X- World of Warcraft Miniatures Game

( I really wish I could have a second X for Monopoly )

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Are you opposed to categorizing the games by recomended ages so that people know wether they are appropriate for children or not?
Not as long as it stays fairly simple. How about a trial period where a game that can be enjopyed by people 10 or younger can be posted in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
'Cause I made a boo-boo. Thanks for the catch.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:32 AM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll - 42 games ranked!

This is a pretty hard thing to choose...so top 5 without any real order as they are all great.

1) Arkham Horror
2) Battlestar Galactica
3) Dominion
4) Race for the Galaxy
5) Rune Bound

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:46 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll - 43 games ranked!

Well here goes mine.

1)Power Grid
2)Pandemic
3)Settlers of Catan
4)Ticket to Ride
5)Age of Empires III

X)Munchkin
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:48 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll - 45 games ranked!

I don't get to play nearly as many games as I'd like to (though this thread is inspiring me to check out some games I've been thinking about) but I can't believe AT-43 isn't on the list, so...

1) AT-43
2) Confrontation

These Rackham games kick major a$$!!!

The only other thing I've been playing for the last several months is HS and HS with StarWars customs.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Not as long as it stays fairly simple. How about a trial period where a game that can be enjopyed by people 10 or younger can be posted in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
'Cause I made a boo-boo. Thanks for the catch.
Great Idea, I like it a lot.
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll - 45 games ranked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
I don't get to play nearly as many games as I'd like to (though this thread is inspiring me to check out some games I've been thinking about) but I can't believe AT-43 isn't on the list, so...

1) AT-43
2) Confrontation

These Rackham games kick major a$$!!!

The only other thing I've been playing for the last several months is HS and HS with StarWars customs.

AT-43 is more of a miniature game not a board game.
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:19 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Player's Board Game Ranking Poll - 47 games ranked!

Well, by the same token, Summoner Wars, Dominion, Wings of War, Munchkin, and Fluxx are card games not board games.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games