Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2018, 01:38 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape Skirmish Assault with PDF Rulebook: 1-13-17

Well met!

Intriguing idea. For the Gang, I'd suggest doing the following, as opposed to using stickers:

After the OM turns have been taken, but before the first Exhaustion turn, insert a common squad consolidation phase. Units may be redistributed on common cards for efficiency. Example: 7 Knights of Weston are on 3 cards, 2/3/2. During this phase, they are consolidated onto 2 cards, 4/3. Markers (small, colored pebbles) would be used to indicate which units have moved during Exhaustion of a particular common card.

P.S.: Or even better, reduce to one card per common, add a marker for each squad it represents.

Last edited by kolakoski; September 23rd, 2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@kolakoski , commons are still pretty flexible with the order marker phase, Using whatever you want to tell them apart is fun. This game version just allows every figure to be activated once per round, with a couple getting an extra boost with the order markers at the front of the round. This is a great format to run for all those players that don't have tons of common figures and want to get all of the heroes into the action. Have fun with it, I have.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:28 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Well now, since Kolakoski just saw this thread and asked me what I thought about it, here's my response:

Back not too long after after Heroscape first came out, I used this system without the Order Markers--except for the Passing Rule for the side with fewer cards, which is great--so as an old wargamer I could solitaire a giant game using my whole collection (much smaller back then) of Evil--Utgar, who had almost as many cards as everyone else--vs Good. I put poker chips on each card as it was used each turn rather than rotating them, so I could still read the cards easily.

The Good side had more staying power the one time I tried it out, because Saylind would Summon wounded heroes back to the safe rear area 'hospital' on the giant board, where Kelda would heal them! If I was doing it again, I'd use my own custom Evil Healer (Adele the Pain Giver, see my customs thread) to help counter that tactic, if the other two were in play!

Its lots of fun. I already use the sticker system shown here, just because... And as TRex mentions, since it goes much faster, you can use more cards on each side if you like big games, or just play a larger battle with only two players!

Nice work on developing the idea!
Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Well now, since Kolakoski just saw this thread and asked me what I thought about it, here's my response:

Back not too long after after Heroscape first came out, I used this system without the Order Markers--except for the Passing Rule for the side with fewer cards, which is great--so as an old wargamer I could solitaire a giant game using my whole collection (much smaller back then) of Evil--Utgar, who had almost as many cards as everyone else--vs Good. I put poker chips on each card as it was used each turn rather than rotating them, so I could still read the cards easily.

The Good side had more staying power the one time I tried it out, because Saylind would Summon wounded heroes back to the safe rear area 'hospital' on the giant board, where Kelda would heal them! If I was doing it again, I'd use my own custom Evil Healer (Adele the Pain Giver, see my customs thread) to help counter that tactic, if the other two were in play!

Its lots of fun. I already use the sticker system shown here, just because... And as TRex mentions, since it goes much faster, you can use more cards on each side if you like big games, or just play a larger battle with only two players!

Nice work on developing the idea!
Thanks Chas. One great thing about this game is there are so many fun ways to play it. I like to add fun little bits of other games I play to spice it up.

Old September 25th, 2018, 06:36 PM
"like" happy

Since the sudden interest here again. I will finish up my Heroscape Assault version 2.0 pdf. This has got about 3 things to add to the older pdf that simplify the common cards issue and also fix a couple things that make it oh so much more fun.

Old September 27th, 2018, 01:09 AM
"like" happy

Re: Heroscape Skirmish Assault with PDF Rulebook:Update:9/26

I finished adding the latest tweaks along with the new Common Army Card Attachment all in New PDF documents in the OP along with new images of all the PDF's. These latest changes for Heroscape Skirmish Assault make it even more fun. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I do.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 01:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

This seems like it could be pretty fun.

As much as I love how the Heroscape rules work it has always bothered me just a little bit the idea that a few figures do all the moving and attacking in a round while the others just seemingly stand around and watch. I'm a player that will put all 3 OM's on one hero for a round. I've just conceptualized the idea that everyone who is just standing around is actually also fighting the whole time, they just are not having any interesting results and the only potentially interesting results for the round are taking place where the OM's are revealed. So when the KMA don't have an OM revealed during a round, they are ducking and hiding and shooting at something, they just aren't doing any damage. Then when they do reveal and OM, whether or not they do any damage is determined by the dice rolls. That helps me some with the theme of the limited activations, but not the mechanics of some units not getting to roll any dice because the odds are not as good for them as another unit. So having a system where everyone gets to take a turn no matter how good they are is certainly appealing. Tracking the common squad figures also means they balance better with the unique squads now.

One thing I didn't pick up on right away after reading through the rules was that all the (#ed?) OM must be revealed in the first 3 (or 4 if the X can be used for a turn here) of the round's turns, then you start with the exhaustion turns, but based on comments in the thread I now believe that is the case. Did you try it in testing that the OM reveals could take place at any time during the round instead of only at the very beginning?
Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:42 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
This seems like it could be pretty fun.

As much as I love how the Heroscape rules work it has always bothered me just a little bit the idea that a few figures do all the moving and attacking in a round while the others just seemingly stand around and watch. I'm a player that will put all 3 OM's on one hero for a round. I've just conceptualized the idea that everyone who is just standing around is actually also fighting the whole time, they just are not having any interesting results and the only potentially interesting results for the round are taking place where the OM's are revealed. So when the KMA don't have an OM revealed during a round, they are ducking and hiding and shooting at something, they just aren't doing any damage. Then when they do reveal and OM, whether or not they do any damage is determined by the dice rolls. That helps me some with the theme of the limited activations, but not the mechanics of some units not getting to roll any dice because the odds are not as good for them as another unit. So having a system where everyone gets to take a turn no matter how good they are is certainly appealing. Tracking the common squad figures also means they balance better with the unique squads now.

One thing I didn't pick up on right away after reading through the rules was that all the (#ed?) OM must be revealed in the first 3 (or 4 if the X can be used for a turn here) of the round's turns, then you start with the exhaustion turns, but based on comments in the thread I now believe that is the case. Did you try it in testing that the OM reveals could take place at any time during the round instead of only at the very beginning?
Its funny you mention it @Yodaking . I actually updated my ruleset to pretty much exactly what your saying. Each squad or army card of each squad gets one turn each round. Each numbered order marker also represents a turn. With my latest rendition of rules it does not matter in which order you take any of the turns. It is actually similar to how you imagine the other characters for regular heroscape. Everyone gets to fight one turn and the numbered order markers are basically your heroic units in the battle. You could still take all three om turns on jotun then his exhausted card turn, but if you did those all first he would probably get cut down by the opposing army. It just made sense to allow the flexibility. It really comes through with the updated pdf. Another thing worth not forgetting is commons are allowed their regular rules during the om turns if you have them on commons. I may be able to get @Sir Heroscape to make a video of us playing this format and I can link it to my thread to help people know how simple it is.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 06:55 PM

tolchock is surprisingly tart

This seems awsome!

Im going to try it wit this game mode http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...01532404556189

A few questions,
1: Do we still have the x order marker as decoy? Or is it completely removed?
2: can one Army card have more then one Order marker (just like regular rules?)
3: you place order markers before roll for initiative?
4: I dont understand what you meam by this, can you explain furthur? Quote: ”Another thing worth not forgetting is commons are allowed their regular rules during the om turns if you have them on commons.”
Old January 22nd, 2019, 08:00 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolchock View Post
This seems awsome!

Im going to try it wit this game mode http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...01532404556189

A few questions,
1: Do we still have the x order marker as decoy? Or is it completely removed?
2: can one Army card have more then one Order marker (just like regular rules?)
3: you place order markers before roll for initiative?
4: I dont understand what you meam by this, can you explain furthur? Quote: ”Another thing worth not forgetting is commons are allowed their regular rules during the om turns if you have them on commons.”
Yeah. Its pretty fun. Order markers are placed as normal before the round. There can be as many of the order markers as you want placed on whichever card. The x marker still is there for special abilities and for a decoy. As far as commons go: when using turn markers on a commons card you may use any of that common figure type just like normal scape rules where as you exhaust the individual squads you only activate that set as if it were a unique squad. This way all the figures get to take at least one turn and then the extra order marker turns allow them to have extra turns. Have fun.

Old January 27th, 2019, 12:05 PM

tolchock is surprisingly tart

I have a question about the bonding rule.

If I activate a AC with an OT, and that figures ability can activate another AC, I dont rotate that AC 90deg?

But if I activate a AC by rotate it 90deg, and the figures ability can activate another AC, then I rotate that AC 90deg aswell.

Have I understood correctly?
Old January 27th, 2019, 02:53 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolchock View Post
I have a question about the bonding rule.

If I activate a AC with an OT, and that figures ability can activate another AC, I dont rotate that AC 90deg?

But if I activate a AC by rotate it 90deg, and the figures ability can activate another AC, then I rotate that AC 90deg aswell.

Have I understood correctly?
Yeah, I think so. If you activate figures via bonding with the order markers then they are used as normal. If you are taking a turn with a card without an order marker, and it bonds with another figure, you would exhaust them both by placing an exhaustion marker on them or turning them sideways. Ive found that just putting a marker on them to signify that their turn is down it is easier than flipping the card sideways.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions