Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 8th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Ahh, OK, thanks HG.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Satanus no likey.
Quote:
Three of the Marvel six have already been done.
What does this mean japes?
He might be referring to this crossover event (with the Anglam Universe I believe) :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA/Avengers. We have currently from the Marvel list of artifacts on that page: Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, and the Casket of Infinite Winters.
You are correct HG. I typed that in my phone so I probably didn't make it clear enough. Story may have missed on me but the idea for a game is quite awesome.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 8th, 2014, 02:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Satanus no likey.
We likey just didn't know of him until you introduced us.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 8th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Hoppy looks good. Didn't comment on him before because he's pretty mechanically sound and not being familiar with the character, I don't have much to pitch in besides a general thumbs-up. The wound limiting and order marker protection is going to keep him a stable/low-risk pick, which would definitely get him some play, especially against armies with limited bonding. (The FF are going to eat through his life a lot quicker than the Avengers, methinks)
Old October 8th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Ronin. Hoppy was more for fun and practice.
I still have a long ways to go with my design skills so I do appreciate the feedback.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 13th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

NAME = TASKMASTER
SECRET IDENTY = Tony Masters
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Mercenary(or Agent)
PERSONALITY = Mastermind

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

Near-Superhuman Mimicry 15
If Taskmaster is attacked by an adjacent figure, roll the D20 on a 15 or higher the next time that figure attacks Taskmaster add 1 die to Taskmasters defense maximum of +3 per attacking figure.(still don't know if it's right but it looks a lot better thanks to @japes )

SWORDPLAY
If Taskmaster attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

I would like Taskmaster to be an Agent so He can have synergy with Nick Fury.

Last edited by Midgieboy3; October 13th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old October 13th, 2014, 01:32 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post

NAME = TASKMASTER
SECRET IDENTY = Tony Masters
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Mercenary(or Agent)
PERSONALITY = Mastermind

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

Near-Superhuman Mimicry 15
If Taskmaster is adjacent to any fig, before moving or attacking roll the D20 on a 15 or higher, Taskmaster has the same abilities as the adjacent figure for one round. (I know the wording should be better, need help)

Master Swordsman Counter Strike
All excessive shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Just my idea of Taskmaster, I'm sure he could look more textbook, that's why I turn to the pros.

You would probably need markers for this guy.

One tip I use for wording is to look through existing powers for something that is close that I can adjust or even identical. I have seen some really cool cards that have used nothing but reuse powers but in a different combination that were really nice so don't feel the pressure that you need to invent a new power to be interesting.

For instance...not sure if you were banking more on the sword aspect or the counter strike but here are three examples that could be used maybe?

COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

SWORDPLAY
If Swordsman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Baron Zemo attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

I like the idea of Near-Superhuman Mimicry

Maybe instead of counter strike there could be some type of power where if Taskmaster is successfully attacked he would be able to add one automatic shield against that figure for the rest of the game. Sort of play on the whole I've seen your move now I can stop it easier aspect. But either probably work for him.

I do like the character I just don't much about the sword wielding aspect of him. The only exposure I have he's always hand to hand.

6 Life is probably too high for him.

Old October 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Spoiler Alert!

That all makes sense and thanks for the tips, I like your idea with the more you attack him the better he gets at defending it.

It would also be cool if he only had 1 ability and had a max of 2 or 3 he could learn throughout the game. Does he only mimic fighting styles? I thought he could actually learn people's abilities. Looking at it better I think your right. So maybe he could only lean combat abilities. If that makes sense.

Old October 13th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Taskmaster's a great character - I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has a write-up for him already. I think I've seen him come up in this thread before.

I'm not a fan of letting him mimic any power on any figure's card; more often than not, that's going to be a theme break. Taskmaster only picks up on fighting styles and other abilities, but not superpowers. He could pick up piano in minutes by watching videos, but there's no way he'd ever be able to mimic Hulk's strength. I would re-use Echo's Mimic power (maybe tweaking it if you want to give him a little more individuality), since their abilities work the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
MIMIC
After moving and before attacking, you may choose the Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on the Army Card of one Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Echo to Mimic. Echo may use the Mimicked number in place of her own until she mimics a different number. Echo cannot mimic a number that is higher than 7.
"Mastermind" also isn't really a personality; maybe Ruthless or Adaptable?
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think a Taskmaster without Mimic is a waste of a natural power. Maybe with something that enables it to be used further, though? Like this...

MASTER POLYMATH
At the start of a round, you a Unique Hero without the Super Strength special power on the battlefield. You may choose that figure for Taskmaster's Mimic special power and you may choose one special power from the chosen figure's Army Card to use for the remainder of the turn. If the special power refers to the chose figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Taskmaster or Taskmaster's card instead.
Old October 13th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Symbiotic

I'd recommend going all the way to "Humans without Super Strength" for the restriction. That still gives him a pretty decently-sized pool to draw from, but without many theme breaks. Just "without Super Strength" gives him a lot of problematic Mutate/Mutant powers and similar. Being able to copy guys like Living Laser, Iceman, and MODOK is a little too weird.
Old October 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think a Taskmaster without Mimic is a waste of a natural power. Maybe with something that enables it to be used further, though? Like this...

MASTER POLYMATH
At the start of a round, you a Unique Hero without the Super Strength special power on the battlefield. You may choose that figure for Taskmaster's Mimic special power and you may choose one special power from the chosen figure's Army Card to use for the remainder of the turn. If the special power refers to the chose figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Taskmaster or Taskmaster's card instead.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy