Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:24 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 18 SHS Maps Uploaded (05/27

I can't remember the exact details of it (it has been years), but basically:

Characters would enter the 'well' and attempt to search for the Brandar Artifact. They would then have to take it back to the 'capture zone' (usually a single water area, or group of water tiles near the start zone) and hold it there for a complete turn.

In the well, we would roll the d20 instead of attacking. 1-5 would yield a wound (leviathan or something in the water... hahaha), 6 - 15 would come up empty handed, 16 or higher you would get the glyph. Since there is no way to scale the wall, 'grapple' points were set that characters could leave the well by. (Sgt. Drake was the only character that could LEAVE the well and move upon leaving, since he already had grapple ability and we didn't want it to go to waste.)

If the artifact carrier was killed in the well by a non-adjacent character, it would go back into the water and have to be picked up again. If killed by an adjacent character anywhere else, that character would then 'steal' the character upon death.

We also let players roll to 'respawn' defeated characters at the end of every completed round. It would help keep the game going, but for short time, you could negate this. Of course, you'd probably have to tweak the rules a little bit, but that was the crux of the Brandar Well map. It was always so much fun to see players team up, then break the truce the next turn.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 18 SHS Maps Uploaded (05/27

Enjoyed a long weekend... even played several rounds of HeroScape with family and friends. (Played on Hatlevig's Touchstone. I LOVE THAT MAP!) So, gonna try to pick up where I left off. But, before I do that, I have a few NEW maps to throw on here real quick:

Spoiler Alert!

Hopefully I can add a few of the SHS maps today. Work is kind of busy from being off an extended weekend.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:42 PM

Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 4 NEW maps added: 06/01/10

Ok, I'm starting to get into the home stretch of maps here. Most of these that are left are the bigger builds (usually involving a lot of RotV and RttFF sets.) Once I'm done with those, I'll clean up any 'left overs' I have and then post the SHS maps that are left from the other community members that had submitted them at the time. (IE: Keewee, Hero-X, etc.)

Here are the maps that were added as of today (06/01/10):

Spoiler Alert!

That's all for now. Hopefully will get the rest finished by sometime this week and then move into the next phase.

Until next update...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart
Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 4 NEW / 10 SHS added (06/01

awesome most of the maps are great with few pieces. When i get more rotv i will definitely try some above.

stingers>everything else
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

How huge are those maps? How big a table do I need?
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:05 PM

I've noted the map sizes in inches in several places:

1. In the 'map codex' (found in my sig)
2. On page one of this thread, in the breakdown by sets
3. On the actual download pages

I will say that most of our larger maps used to be setup on one half of a ping-pong table that we didn't use very much... and we still had some good room to put stuff all around it.

We played Hatlevig's Touchstone this weekend and it was setup on two tables (kind of like school cafeteria style: fold up in the middle) and it fit on it just nice, with just enough room to place a row of character cards around the edge on both sides.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM

Ok, I forgot to include two maps that I got posted yesterday. They are:

Spoiler Alert!

This now brings most of my maps online. I'm still missing about a good 15 - 20 of them, most of which I have, but need some re-working. (IE: Has build issues, or fixing some of the spots to make them a little more effective.) Most of these are smaller maps (some Marvel with expansion builds). Any others are maps submitted by other SHS members, which will be coming online next. So, you'll see a little slow down in the pace of maps coming back online now, as I clean them up and get the other user maps submitted.

I also made two new maps since my last update. They are as follows:

Spoiler Alert!

So, with the bulk of the SHS maps being uploaded (probably about 90% at this point), I'm gonna take a breather and slow down a little bit. I'm sure I"ll spank out a new map or two along the way. So, until next update...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; July 26th, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 2 NEW / 2 SHS added (06/03/

Just thought I would stop by for a moment and photos from two games that I played this past week / weekend. Nothing major (and sorry some of the look bad... took them from a cell phone) but just like to share some 'real world' builds of some of these maps:

Map: Slerch
Date: 07/22/10

Spoiler Alert!

Map: Twin Peaks
Date: 07/25/10

Spoiler Alert!

I hope to post more as we continue to build / play.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; July 26th, 2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 2 NEW / 2 SHS added (06/03/

Musty Mire needs two BftU,(you said 1), and the pics for Twin Peaks aren't working. Nice maps though.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg 1 (or) 35) - Pics of Map Builds Po

Thanks for catching that. I actually have it listed as 2 BftU in the Codex and download section. For some reason, I had put it on the map posting as 1. Fixed it. Again, thanks for letting me know that.

I also fixed the Twin Peaks images. I think I grabbed the wrong set of URLs when I posted it. They should be working now.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Twin Peaks looks like fun. Nice map, Nadi!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Been a little while since I posted something NEW, so I decided to finish up on one that I've been working on. This one is I struggled with for several days during the making process. I don't think I've had a harder time putting a map together than I have THIS one. It went through about 4 transformations before it turned into something that I felt that was workable and usable. So, in the end... this is what I ended up with:

Spoiler Alert!

I still wanna try to do my ORIGINAL concept that I've had for this map... (well, SECOND map now... there's another that started out and then totally changed along the way as well.) Maybe I'll finally get a workable version of it down.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios