Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old April 21st, 2022, 06:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon II Map Contest: Deadline May 7th

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 21st, 2022, 06:02 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
You can blame Nathan for creating the contest and making us all learn (or relearn) the ladder rules...
Old April 21st, 2022, 08:25 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm withdrawing my submission "The Forbidden Shadow Pool" as evidently it violated several ladder placement rules I didn't know existed.

Learning something new every day

I plan to submit an altered version of it later in the contest, but wanted to withdraw the original one first.
Old April 21st, 2022, 08:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Added one more commonly overlooked rule to the post (each landing space can only have one ladder).
Old April 21st, 2022, 09:36 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
2. The top of the ladder (not the pegs) must be flush with, or 1 level higher than, the top space. It cannot be a level lower.
My brain is off today. I understand "pegs" to refer to the vertical 'poles' of the ladder, and assume that "top of the ladder" must therefore refer to the horizontal cross-parts. But am wondering if I'm reversing things.... Clarification appreciated.
Old April 21st, 2022, 09:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
2. The top of the ladder (not the pegs) must be flush with, or 1 level higher than, the top space. It cannot be a level lower.
My brain is off today. I understand "pegs" to refer to the vertical 'poles' of the ladder, and assume that "top of the ladder" must therefore refer to the horizontal cross-parts. But am wondering if I'm reversing things.... Clarification appreciated.
Absolutely correct! I didn’t know how to phrase it… the rule book does a good job displaying it.
Old April 21st, 2022, 10:03 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh yeah, rule book..... Must go dig that out!
(Haven't played with ladders since, oh, 2012.)
Thanks @OEAO .
Old April 22nd, 2022, 11:09 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Entry #1: Contrast. 1 DD + 1 FA + 1 TT + 1 VW
uses 12 battlements and 12 ladders

Entry #2: Alpaca Trail. 1MS + 1 FA + 1 TT
uses 9 battlements and 3 ladders

Last edited by GameBear; May 2nd, 2022 at 10:59 PM.
Old April 26th, 2022, 10:35 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

My submissions!

Requires: 2 BftU and 1 FotA (ladders and battlements only)
Download

Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 VW, and 1 FotA (ladders and battlements only)
Download

Last edited by Sheep; May 6th, 2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old April 26th, 2022, 02:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Thanks to those who have submitted!

Before too many more submissions roll in, I'll take the time to clarify how ladders will work at ScapeCon (and how they would have worked at GenCon). Maps that are tested will, naturally, be tested with these rules.

Small and medium figures can choose to ignore a ladder when moving down (but not when moving up).

Figures may move onto a ladder from another ladder* or from the top space, the landing space, or a space that is adjacent to both the top and landing space (i.e. adjacent to the ladder itself).
1. If the figure's current space is on the same level as the ladder's landing space, it must move to the landing space first.
2. If the figure's current space is not on the same level as the landing space, it may move to a rung that is no more than one level higher or lower than the figure's base for 1 movement point.
*When moving from ladder to ladder, the landing spaces must be adjacent.

Figures may move from a ladder onto a non-ladder space that is the top space, the landing space, or a space adjacent to both the top and landing space (i.e. adjacent to the ladder itself).
1. The figure can move onto a space that is on a lower level, the same level, or is up to 1 level higher than the figure's current level for 1 movement point. Heavy snow, slippery ice, and falling rules apply as normal.
2. The figure cannot move onto a space that is more than 1 level higher than the figure's current level.

If you want visualizations, you can check out superfrog's excellent thread. My post has the correct answers under the ScapeCon rules.
Old April 26th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

To be clear, the rules outlined here are pretty directly in violation of what is laid out in the Fortress of the Archkyrie rulebook and additional clarification of those rules issued afterwards.

If the need for change of those rules was more widely agreed upon and there was more time spent evaluating these rules, I'd feel better about this, but as is, it feels like an unnecessary deviation from Heroscape precedent that will result in confusion for players, especially with the focus this contest puts on ladder maps.
Old April 26th, 2022, 03:44 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
To be clear, the rules outlined here are pretty directly in violation of what is laid out in the Fortress of the Archkyrie rulebook and additional clarification of those rules issued afterwards.

If the need for change of those rules was more widely agreed upon and there was more time spent evaluating these rules, I'd feel better about this, but as is, it feels like an unnecessary deviation from Heroscape precedent that will result in confusion for players, especially with the focus this contest puts on ladder maps.
I'm not looking to engage in a back-and-forth on this ruling here, but this is strictly untrue. The rules are anything but clear. There are two general interpretations that are both faithful to the rules in their own way. Both have been litigated thoroughly for the better part of three days. And neither Ken nor I would be in favor of rules that are "pretty directly in violation" of the FotA rules.

Feel free to disagree with the ultimate conclusion, but I don't particularly appreciate days of research and debate being mischaracterized in this way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games