Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 25th, 2022, 12:50 PM

ShadowDragon289 is surprisingly tart
Help with Pre-Selected Armies for a Bachelor's Party

Hello Heroscapers! I'm new to this board, but I've been actively reading articles on here since 2017. Before I get to my question, let me start by saying I'm no newbie at army building....however....I'm no expert either. Especially when it comes to building multiple army lists that need to be relatively equal in power. I'm used to just building one competitive list for myself and that's it.
So in regards to my question: My best friend is getting married in May and asked me to be his best man; and part of being the best man I need to plan a bachelor's party. He suggested he wouldn't mind having a heroscape battle royale. So I decided I would pre-build 5 army lists (because 2 of the 5 players will be first time Heroscape players) that are all relatively balanced.
With that being said, here are the lists. My heroscape collection includes the majority of waves that were released, and I have at least x2 of most commons. I only need 5 armies, but I have 6 overall list ideas. How do these look?

Roughly 600 points

List 1: Soldier/Warlord theme
Marcus 100
Me-Burq-Sa 150
x2 Legionaries 250
x2 10th Regiment 400
Airborne Elite 510
Ne-gok-sa 600

List 2: Valiant theme
Finn 80
Thorgrimm 160
x2 Knights of Weston 300
x2 4th Mass. 440
Sir Dupuis 590

List 3: Orc theme
Grimnak 120
Nerak 170
x2 Blade Gruts 250
x2 Heavy Gruts 390
x2 Arrow Gruts 470
x2 Swog rider 520
Marro Warriors 570

List 4: Fantasy theme
Nilfheim 185
x2 Greenscale Warriors 305
Slyvarris 405
x2 Aubrien Archers 545
Theracus 585

List 5: Undead Theme
Cryprien 150
Sonya 195
x4 Zombies 435
Torin 555
Marro Warriors 605

List 6: Kyrie theme
Atlaga 90
Raelin 170
x2 Minions 390
x2 Protectors 610
Old February 25th, 2022, 01:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Help with Pre-Selected Armies for a Bachelor's Party

My classic theoryscape is rusty that looks pretty good.
The Nilfheim is a bit swingy because if he goes down to some bad rolls, that army is toast. Hopefully they can soften up the enemy with the archers before unleashing icy death shards.
If you have extra zombies I would drop Torin for two more squads of zombies.
If you do not have more zombies, I would still drop Torin and use some other figures to proxy two more squads of zombies.
Old February 25th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My classic theoryscape is rusty that looks pretty good.
The Nilfheim is a bit swingy because if he goes down to some bad rolls, that army is toast. Hopefully they can soften up the enemy with the archers before unleashing icy death shards.
If you have extra zombies I would drop Torin for two more squads of zombies.
If you do not have more zombies, I would still drop Torin and use some other figures to proxy two more squads of zombies.
Alright gotcha gotcha. If I fix those issues do you think the lists are relatively all balanced against each other?
Old February 25th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

1, 3 and 4 are the most competitive. It's hard to justify using Torin in an army.

Old February 25th, 2022, 04:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am definitely not the best person to ask but yeah, fairly balanced.
I would have guessed the Valiant army would have been one of the best.
Old February 25th, 2022, 05:17 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
1, 3 and 4 are the most competitive. It's hard to justify using Torin in an army.
I'd agree with this. Torin is just not very good
Old February 25th, 2022, 05:36 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'd agree with this. Torin is just not very good
I could see him being worth using if he bonded with something. I know we try to not overuse bonding with custom units, but he is an excellent candidate for it.

Old February 25th, 2022, 10:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You don't need to worry about super balance. It doesn't sound like you're going to be playing with a bunch of people trying to min/max everything they can get out of every OM.

You've already gotten some good answers to your question, I just wanted to post here to say "Welcome aboard, lurker." I'm glad you're here.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 27th, 2022, 12:59 AM

Thank you for all the strong feedback guys!! I will adjust my lists accordingly!
Old February 27th, 2022, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You don't need to worry about super balance. It doesn't sound like you're going to be playing with a bunch of people trying to min/max everything they can get out of every OM.

You've already gotten some good answers to your question, I just wanted to post here to say "Welcome aboard, lurker." I'm glad you're here.
Thank you!!! It's good to finally be here!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion