Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for the map(s) that are the best
Odin Wept 18 69.23%
Nomanisan 16 61.54%
The Way is Wrong 15 57.69%
Pool of Shadow 2.0 6 23.08%
Broken Top Pass 9 34.62%
Mesa 8 30.77%
Glacial Hollow 4 15.38%
Nemesis 2 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9th, 2022, 12:09 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Bracket 3 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

This is the third of three brackets for the ScapeCon ll Map Contest. If you don't know what ScapeCon is check of this subform.

The goal of this contest was to create tournament quality maps that didn't use road or castle, but you were allowed to use ladders and battlements. There was a total of 26 maps submitted. This bracket has eight maps and the others have nine. The top 3 from each bracket will advance to the final round. You may vote for multiple maps. You are allowed to vote for your own maps.

Links to other brackets: 1, 2

Polls close Wednesday 5/11 at 11:59 PM Central.

Last edited by Dysole; May 9th, 2022 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Fixing infectedsloth mistake
Old May 9th, 2022, 03:30 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Final One

#DysoleMapReviews

Odin Wept

Was expecting one big tear pool. Got 4. Odin must've been pretty sad.

Nomanisan

Needs an Omnidroid and an evil villain lair.

The Way is Wrong

Which way? That way? Or wait. Maybe ALL WAYS ARE WRONG. Deep philosophy thoughts here.

Pool of Shadow 2.0

There is in fact a pool of shadow. Well done. 3.0 will probably cover the map in shadow. Mika likes this.

Broken Top Pass

Break off the tops of all your glaciers for maximum effect. Real artists destroy very expensive terrain pieces for realism.

Mesa

I grew up in Arizona and I've been to Mesa. There is too much green on this map.

Glacial Hollow

I mean yes the glaciers are hollow. Could maybe have one dissected in half as an example. Clearly more people need to be mutilating their Tundra sets.

Nemesis

A Heroscape map?
puts fedora on map
PERRY THE HEROSCAPE MAP!

Odin Wept, Nomanisan, The Way is Wrong, and Broken Top Pass are the ones I voted for here.

~Dysole, having way too much fun with this contest
Old May 9th, 2022, 06:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Final One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
#DysoleMapReviews

Nomanisan

Needs an Omnidroid and an evil villain lair.
C3G is providing the Omnidroid and there is an evil lair. You just have to go under the water to get there.

Love the reviews Dysole!
Old May 10th, 2022, 12:13 AM

PouncingWolves knows what's in an order marker PouncingWolves knows what's in an order marker PouncingWolves knows what's in an order marker
Re: Final One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
#DysoleMapReviews
Glacial Hollow

I mean yes the glaciers are hollow. Could maybe have one dissected in half as an example. Clearly more people need to be mutilating their Tundra sets.
Mutilating Tundra sets!? Blasphemy!
The name came from the small overhang under the central glacier, though it was rather difficult to capture it in VirtualScape, so I chose a picture from the angle that showed the whole map best...rather than the map hole best
Old May 10th, 2022, 12:21 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by PouncingWolves View Post
The name came from the small overhang under the central glacier, though it was rather difficult to capture it in VirtualScape, so I chose a picture from the angle that showed the whole map best...rather than the map hole best
Wait.. there's a hole?? We need another picture!
I guess that explains why the glacier is perched up so high.
Old May 10th, 2022, 12:31 AM

PouncingWolves knows what's in an order marker PouncingWolves knows what's in an order marker PouncingWolves knows what's in an order marker
Re: Bracket 3 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
Wait.. there's a hole?? We need another picture!
I guess that explains why the glacier is perched up so high.
There is indeed! Be-hole-d, the IRL version:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 13th, 2022, 12:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Bracket 3 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

Again, some thoughts on a few of these maps, focusing on ones that advanced and ones that (imo) deserved better. Bracket 3 is the only bracket without one of my maps in it so hopefully I'm less biased here

Odin Wept

How do you make a Norse God cry? Burn his tundra.

Classic Typhon terrain-stretching build. I like the placement of everything except the low-ground glyph lava field. Got my vote anyway.

Nomanisan

My only complaints on this map are the molten lava, which could/should be water, and the virtual level 3 jungle-backed spaces adjacent to the central lava field. Overall a really nice map, got my vote.

The Way is Wrong

Seems really basic. Not necessarily in a bad way, I think it would deliver some fine gameplay, but doesn't jump out to me in a contest setting. It also takes me a while to wrap my mind around the SZs for some reason (back 3, but only the grass).

Mesa

Justice for Mesa! I voted for 8 maps overall in the first round of this contest and this was the only one of those 8 not to advance . Really the only thing I don't like here is the random grass height off to the right. It might also be slightly too big, but I love this as a 1 RotV submission.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games