Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 18th, 2019, 06:18 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Patent No. US D536,391

Any developments from this? Would love to wake up one day and see that Heroscape is coming back!
Old October 17th, 2019, 10:57 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry to bring this back, but I was looking at Hyground tiles and I was wondering if these patents would stop him from selling tiles files that had HS "sidewall" but Hyground design on top.

It looks to me like the one that expired is the one that claims the functionality. So could @Brease sell stl files that don't fit with his current system lol but work with HS without connecting tiles? i.e. his epic lava field design?
Old February 12th, 2021, 05:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
No, I just looked yesterday. I guess that last line on Google patent just is always today. Some searching found these other patents and applications, and it looks they are not set to expire until 2020-11-28 & 2021-02-06:
USD532832
USD536390S1
USD536391S1
USD536392S1
US29/212,021
US29/260,198
US10/925,513
D536,391
D536,392
@Craig Van Ness - the patents expired last week - time to jump on that so you can own Heroscape again!

[Disclaimer: I am not a patent lawyer, so not 100% on this]

P.S. I messaged him on BGG about this

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 12th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old February 12th, 2021, 07:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Geez. Last time I looked at this, I thought, “2021! That’s forever!”

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2021, 03:17 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Please, CVN, run a crowdfunding campaign to buy the patent! We need 'Scape to come back!
Old February 13th, 2021, 03:18 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

I'd be interested in helping CVN get the patent so he could distribute it!
Old February 13th, 2021, 03:37 PM

Hero89 Woo who?

I would love to see HeroScape come back. Whenever I take this game to my local pub's game night with just my master set one and set up Migol's Tomb, it turns heads and draws attention to the table I'm at. I never get to play but I always end up refereeing a game or two, and people really enjoy what this game brings out. There is genuine interest for this game. There is literally nothing else like this on the market.

I've never met you Craig Van Ness, but if you see this just know that your game is loved by this community and there is genuine interest from the board game community at large. When I set up Migol's Tomb, people ask what game I have and when I reply Heroscape most people didn't know it even existed. You have something here that is special and have the opportunity to run things like they should have been done decades ago.

Please consider taking back your patent. I know that this game could be big and successful. I see it happening at the grass roots level. Imagine where this could go.
Old February 13th, 2021, 03:49 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

I know CVN and his brother were starting to gain ground with their Soaring Rhino game company prior to Covid but they've been quiet for a bit....

Perhaps this is the jolt needed! Rob D has certainly proven the "bringing old games to life" model with Restoration Games.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 13th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I'm not a lawyer, but if the patent expired doesn't that mean that anyone can produce Heroscape hexes and sell them?
Old February 13th, 2021, 10:38 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

My google law degree says that anyone can make use of the patent without permission. If I understand correctly (and IANAL), anyone can make and sell the patented item.
Old February 14th, 2021, 09:52 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The best aspects of Heroscape have always been:
1) terrain and building amazing battlefields
2) the units themselves (paint, design, stats, genres)
3) the perfect combination of luck and skill
4) did I mention the terrain? Seriously amazing

-ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 14th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Look at all the old timers in here! I hope you're well, ET!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion