Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old January 18th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker
My Heroscape Story - A Thank You to This Community

TL;DR Massive nostalgia feels, I still love you guys, etc.

Hey there everybody!

So, its been a few years since I've played our game, and maybe longer since I've gotten on this site at all, and I used to frequent. Now, according my profile it's been since last year this month that I've logged in, and I've maybe only gotten out my stuff once or twice since then. It's been a loooooong while. I'm almost too old for the Hangout for Chrissakes!

Anyways, basically I'm here to tell you how awesome you all are.

Like I said, I just came back to this site. Before today, I'd almost forgotten everything. The in-jokes, the army threads, the map discussion, the customs making, the new wave release frenzy, the tourney scene, and the WotC rage, and everything else that made this site and this game great in its prime. (Also I read some of my old posts... man, I was a newb). But right now, my collection sits tucked away in my crawl space for an indefinite amount of time. Like I said, I haven't used it in the longest time.

Where I'm going with this is, I had an epiphany the other day. I'm about to go off to college in the fall, and my mom suggested I sell my Heroscape on Craigslist to help pay for stuff. "Sell my Heroscape? Good God, no. No no NO" I said. Next thing I knew, without warning, all the memories of this site and our great game came flooding back.

Throughout the entirety of middle school, for 3 full years and maybe more, Heroscape was everything. All my friends played Heroscape. All I did was talk about Heroscape. Almost all I did in my free-time was play Heroscape and get on Heroscapers.com. When I slept, I dreamt of Heroscape. Heroscape and this website were honestly the things that filled all the voids in my life. When I didn't have people to talk to, or anything to do (i.e., all the time), all I had to do was log in, or toss up a quick map. Just like that, I could be transported to the realm of Valhalla, and then I would be golden.

But, that was 3 or 4 years ago.

To make a long story short, our game got canceled as you all know, high school happened, and everything just... drifted away. Eventually, all my things moved into a tub (okay, several tubs) in my crawlspace, and there they still sit. As far I knew, by the time I had my epiphany and remembered Heroscape, it was probably too late. I assumed this site would have fallen into disarray or have been shut down totally. I would drag everything out for one last hurrah and then off to Craiglist we would go (if I could even find someone to sell too).

Well... I was obviously wrong. Clearly you guys are still out there doing your thing. I came back to find almost everything that I loved about here before (you'll tell me if I'm disilliusioned, right?) Even things that people had only hypothesized about years ago now exist in full force (Online Heroscape, no?) Really, that makes me so unbelievably happy. You guys have stayed up this whole time, despite the game being shut down, and despite losing a lot of people and a hell of a lot of support. Maybe this time I come back, I'll really stay. Maybe I don't ever have to sell my collection. You guys have shown me that Heroscape is still exists and is still alive, and that is a wonderful thing.

I admire you people immensely. Thank you, Heroscapers.com. Without you, I don't know if I'd be the same as I am today.

Last edited by Pickledpie; January 20th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:55 PM

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker
Re: My Heroscape Story -A Thank You to This Community *READ

Dat title. Dat signature. Dat rep. OH NO MORE FEELS.

Also, I couldn't resist posting this somewhere again:
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:14 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Nice story, Pickledpie! And welcome back!

As you've obviously seen, Online HS has been a thriving success. SEASON 5 STARTS SUNDAY!!! We'd love to have you join.

Also, if you have any time, join a custom project group:

HoSS for Star Wars Heroscape (my favorite )
C3V for Classic Heroscape
C3G for Super-Hero Heroscape

There are several more including Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Pokemon projects. Get involved in one if you can...you won't regret it!

Lastly, I see you're in OH. Nirek has setup a tournament for February 16th in Western PA. I know it's 3hrs so it's understandable if you can't make it.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Here here!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:58 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Wonderful, heart-warming post Pickledpie. Thanks for sharing your story with the community.
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Thanks everyone for the support! Really looking forward to getting back into Heroscape.
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: My Heroscape Story - A Thank You to This Community

[optimisticvoice]Even though I have never seen you before and have never heard of you before this point .[/optimisticvoice] Welcome back!

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
[optimisticvoice]Even though I have never seen you before and have never heard of you before this point .[/optimisticvoice] Welcome back!
I'm amused at how many more posts you have than me, based on how long each of us have been members.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Quote:
I'm amused at how many more posts you have than me, based on how long each of us have been members.
I don't think anybody knows how he posts so often.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:23 PM

Another thing I'd like to point out is how cool it that there a new people finding the game every day. It proves to me that Heroscape is going to be around for a looooooong time.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Quote:
I don't think anybody knows how he posts so often.
And I'll never tell anyone my secret .

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old January 30th, 2013, 10:01 PM

Something that just struck me: You guys are really nice... I've been around the internet and back, and dang... you guys are like saints compared to the rest of them out there. I never realized this at age 14 but now... wow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online