Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
I know that an orc is an orc is an orc, but, how do you represent a dwarf weillding a crossbow. Brodsword and Bow seems to work, but there is no mechanic for crosstraning. A 3 point cost will mean it will not be a staple of every hero but can make an intresting one.
Ah! I understand what you mean now. You're looking for what is going to be available in "Heroes of 'Scape: Advanced." The classic Heroes of 'Scape only creates characters available by what the figures will allow. Since there is no figure of a Dwarf holding a bow, I didn't allow the Dwarf to be able to be an Archer or use the Broad Sword and Bow power.

In the future I'm going to create Heroes of 'Scape: Advanced, which allows players, who have a more active imagination, to create Heroes of any Race and Class combination. So even though there isn't a figure for an Orc wizard figure, you'll be able to create an Orc Wizard Hero. Even though there isn't a figure for a Dwarf Archer, you'll be able to create a Dwarf Archer Hero. And so on.

I'm waiting to see if I can think of anything more I can add to classic Heroes of 'Scape before starting the Advanced project. The last time I thought I was done, Veigon came at me with all sorts of ideas for adding the other races I missed (Trolticor, Fiantooth, Wyvern, etc.) Haha!
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:10 PM

Arutha is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I get you but then there is no drow with a hand crossbow. therefor your reasing is faulty. :::got you there didnt I.
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
I would like to request that the Drow can be Rogues.

I'm playing a game soon, that will have a Drow Rogue, a Vampire Lord, and a human Paladin.
Not sure I can do that FG. A Drow Rogue would have a movement of 7, which for a humanoid on two legs would be unheard of in Heroscape. If you want to (for a special rule) you can add 1 to the Drow's Life and subtract 1 from its Move and use all of the Rogue's powers (and Drow Warrior powers as well if you wish, there shouldn't be any game breaking combinations by mixing the two).

As for how I hope to rectify this denial of your request in the future: Once all of the expansion come out I'll move on to adding additional classes and races not seen in Heroscape. Something I've been planning since before the Horror Fantasy Expansion is the Drow Arcane Guard. This will be similar to the Rogue, but with its own Drow twist. I think you'll like it.
Is this going to be part of the Advanced version?

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:01 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Oh silly Flame Gryphon I added it this last update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
I get you, but then there is no drow with a hand crossbow. Therefore your reasoning is faulty. :::got you there didn't I?
Heh you would have got me, but the only reason the Arcane Guard Class exists is because it was a promise to Flame Gryphon (as he conveniently quoted in the post above.) So with the Arcane Guard, I gave it some special treatment. If it weren't made as a favor to Flame Gryphon, I would have waited till Heroes of 'Scape: Advanced to create it.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:54 PM

Arutha is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

what, nooooooooo kore the crossbow dwarf will have to be postponed
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I was looking for a solution to using quotations. Didn't you say that you had a problem with me using too many quotations? I don't have a problem with the way I have it worded now because it's grammatically correct. I'm telling players that their Hero can only have one Mount. No need to specify that it's a special power if I can avoid it.
Whoops, sorry... No, I can't really come up with better wording.

This advanced version sounds fun... And wait, the Arcane Guard is up? I gotta see this!

EDIT: I like the change from Cave Dweller to Brute.

Now, double attack doesn't allow special power modifiers like Elite Orc Armor to change the dice, right? What about penalties, like with Hand Crossbow? Can an Arcane Guard with Hand Crossbow & Double Attack 5 make 2 attacks of 5 at range?

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.

Last edited by Therion; August 31st, 2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: When'd that happen?
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Oh silly Flame Gryphon I added it this last update.
Wow, how did you manage to quote all my friends at once? And thanks!

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
I like the change from Cave Dweller to Brute. When'd that happen?
This update. Like I said, it was a lot of changes, so when I posted I couldn't remember all of them at the time :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
Now, double attack doesn't allow special power modifiers like Elite Orc Armor to change the dice, right? What about penalties, like with Hand Crossbow? Can an Arcane Guard with Hand Crossbow & Double Attack 5 make 2 attacks of 5 at range?
You are correct on both counts. However, it appears that there is a typo on the Arcane Guard's Double Attack (and this typo is found only on Arcane Guard.) It should be Attack=4, not Attack=5.

The change to Double Attack doesn't make it perfect, but overall, I think it's a change for the better. Its was just terribly imbalanced before.
Similarly, the changes to Deadly Strike/Heavy Defense fixes things almost perfectly, but it required me taking a big leap in how flexible I can be with special powers in Heroes of 'Scape.
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Wow, this update has blown me away. Cor blimey, it's amazing! I love the Arcane Guard.

One thing though, maybe I got confused in reading, but where are the Quasatch?

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old September 1st, 2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Where are the Quasatch?
Quasatch can be found in the Hunter Class. I'm almost positive that the special powers info and sub class info is there. But I'm now doubting that the Quasatch info is in the Game Guide.
Old September 4th, 2011, 03:19 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

Sweet. Nice job Kaiyu.

@Arutha welcome to the site! (You might want fix you're location)

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Where are the Quasatch?
Quasatch can be found in the Hunter Class. I'm almost positive that the special powers info and sub class info is there. But I'm now doubting that the Quasatch info is in the Game Guide.
Yeah, its not. But NP. Any special abilities or stat changes?

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions