Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 14th, 2022, 11:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Both other games I've backed for 2023 (not so far away now) have detailed and unpainted minis: Spring and Autumn: Story of China (Mr. B Games) and Dune: War For Arrakis (CMON). Many other newer ones I own are the same: The Great Wall (Awaken Realms), Hellenica: Story of Greece (Mr. B Games) the Eric M. Lang Trilogy--Blood Rage, Rising Sun, and Ankh: Gods of Egypt (CMON), Mezo (Kolossal) Titans (Go On Board) and Cry Havoc (Portal Games). Many others have less detailed but still unpainted minis, such as those by Metagot. Although these are mostly strategy rather than skirmish games, the minis are the same.
Old November 14th, 2022, 11:24 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Is this the number of sets you would have backed if the campaign was funding well?
Today? Probably, especially if it were headed for stretch goals. Tomorrow I'm less sure about.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 14th, 2022, 11:41 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Interesting:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/14/stoc...-and-more.html

“ – The toy maker’s stock slid 5.2% in the premarket following a double-downgrade to “underperform” from “buy” at Bank of America. The move comes after BofA conducted what it calls a “deep dive” on Hasbro’s “Magic: The Gathering” trading card game business. BofA said Hasbro has been overprinting cards and destroying the long-term value of the business”
I wonder if this is primarily pointing at the Magic 30th anniversary boosters that were announced at $1,000?

This is something about corporate leadership I don’t get. If something is working and making money, why does it always need to make more money? It just makes what was working unsustainable and it’s so short sighted that it seems stupidly obvious, but do they just not care because they’ll collect an end of quarter or year end bonus and move on the next product/company to wring dry?

This doesn’t apply to the Heroscape campaign, but I’ve been hearing all this fallout from the Magic business and have just been wondering why they would run one of their most successful brands into the ground to make a few extra bucks.
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Interesting:

“ – The toy maker’s stock slid 5.2% in the premarket following a double-downgrade to “underperform” from “buy” at Bank of America. The move comes after BofA conducted what it calls a “deep dive” on Hasbro’s “Magic: The Gathering” trading card game business. BofA said Hasbro has been overprinting cards and destroying the long-term value of the business”
I wonder if this is primarily pointing at the Magic 30th anniversary boosters that were announced at $1,000?

This is something about corporate leadership I don’t get. If something is working and making money, why does it always need to make more money? It just makes what was working unsustainable and it’s so short sighted that it seems stupidly obvious, but do they just not care because they’ll collect an end of quarter or year end bonus and move on the next product/company to wring dry?

This doesn’t apply to the Heroscape campaign, but I’ve been hearing all this fallout from the Magic business and have just been wondering why they would run one of their most successful brands into the ground to make a few extra bucks.
They only think short term. That’s a big problem with many American companies.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:44 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting:

They only think short term. That’s a big problem with many American companies.
After 36+ years in of working in corporate budgeting/planning/finance, I've seen this multiple times (short-term gains at expense of long term returns). The problem is that the executives are primarily focused on the investors - not customers, and today most investors are looking for the "quick buck", so a lot of decisions are made for short-term gains without considering long-term costs (or forgone benefits).
Old November 14th, 2022, 01:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Interesting:

That's exactly the kind of thing that destroyed the baseball card market back in the 90s and only one company made it out 'alive.' They all were overprinting so much that, to this day, you can still get 1987 wax boxes for cheaper than when they were on the shelf back then.

Fast forward to today and it looks like history is going to repeat itself. Sports cards have made a huge comeback and was supercharged by the pandemic. Print runs of cards have been increasing with each set now that its popular again. And the Big Daddy, Topps, was recently purchased by Fanatics. All those investors are going to want their money back, with a return, fast. How will they do it? Print, print, print... collapse.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 14th, 2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old November 14th, 2022, 01:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Many executives also have "golden parachutes" that reward them for making money over the course of 3 years and then leaving after that, with no regard for the state of the company after they leave.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 14th, 2022, 01:51 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

deleted
Old November 14th, 2022, 01:59 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
deleted

Xenithrax looks cool, placing glyphs based on a characters special ability is a novel idea
Old November 14th, 2022, 02:05 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
deleted

Xenithrax looks cool, placing glyphs based on a characters special ability is a novel idea
I deleted my post because I saw they posted the new cards on the news thread but YES Xenithrax looks BA, the whole Dryan faction honestly. Marachott is essentially a much better mind flayer who owns a whimsical fey creature.
Old November 14th, 2022, 02:53 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting:

The full article is paywalled, but the top comment of this Reddit thread has a few snippets. I won't try to analyze this mess, others in that thread have already had at it. But to sum up what I've seen of the actual article, it's pretty much just speculators investors worrying about WotC/Hasbro ruining the secondary market.
Old November 14th, 2022, 02:55 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Comments On Dryans just posted on the No Posting thread

1. Some of these have had their loyalty now transferred to Ullar, as had been predicted previously.

2. The noted familiars have been made Small, so they could be controlled by the Wizards. Before I think they were all a larger size, and so couldn't be.

3. I'm still wondering how, as Craig had said during the Con presentation, these will interact with the older Elf Wizards. I think the Pod ones gain strength from Elf Wizards, not just "Wizards," which these are.

4. Xenithrax: Does a second target need to be adjacent to the dragon as well, or the First Target. Etc. up to the fourth target. I'd assume it works like a chain, as do many other Dragon powers, but its not clear in the way its written.

5. Rackchott: Consume The Dead I notice that this works on any figure killed, not necessarily by him, and not necessarily an unfriendly figure.

6. Marichott: I note that she can attempt control of a friendly or unfriendly figure. That staff means she'll always get 2 hits, but never more than 3. (I love Marichott, the Jean Grey of Heroscape. But honey, we've got to do something about that hair!)

Last edited by chas; November 14th, 2022 at 03:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion