Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
The New Molten Lava Damage Rule

The biggest 'broken' aspect of Classic Scape has always been the Molten Lava damage rule. It is even more problematical in SuperScape, as the much larger number of characters with lava based powers make those without Lava Resistance all too vulnerable, especially if you are playing with characters using push or knockback powers (or worse, generally applicable seperate Knockback rules), or the Force Push powers of H.O.S.S. C3G recognized this years ago with their own modification, which you can find on Fantastic Forces Unite! page 5. The Lava Field damage rule is fine as it is. Interestingly, this thread has gotten three times as many hits as the same one I posted in the Classic Custom section, indicating perhaps that it is indeed more needed for Supers.

However, I wanted something that generated a wider spectrum of possible Molten Lava damage results. I specifically did not use Lava on my map for my Infinity Gauntlet scenario map a few months ago, due to the extreme fatality of the normal Molten Lava damage rule (you need to roll 20 on a D20--yeah, right. It wasn't so bad when Heroscape was first released before pushing/knockback when so few characters had lava abilities). Realizing recently that I wanted that option for TIG2 (The Upcoming Sequel, see separate threads onsite here for either in Marvel Maps and Scenarios), I've come up with the following, which I now share with everyone.

Kolakoski has initially commented that most of the C3G Supers combos that Doc and others consider broken will be unbroken with this rule. We'll see how it plays.

If you have a comment or try it out, let me know here.

(Edits have now been made based on comments below).

THE NEW MOLTEN LAVA DAMAGE RULE FOR HEROSCAPE:

SKULLS AND SHIELDS

By Chas

When any figure not immune to lava damage enters a Molten Lava hex, roll one combat die, performing the following action depending on the results:

Blank: Figure takes no damage; but remove any Order Markers on that card; the OMs removed are not revealed to other players. If a squad member, this figure cannot be activated by any OMs for the rest of this round.

Skull: Roll three combat dice, taking one unblockable wound for each skull rolled. This may result in no damage.

Shield: Roll three combat dice, taking a number of wounds equal to its life number minus the number of shields rolled. If no shields are rolled, the figure is defeated.

Last edited by chas; September 16th, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion