Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 19th, 2009, 10:15 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Hexes in Texas 2009 - NHSD

Quote:
Just doin' a little ribbing of some of you vets (which I've broadened to several more folks I see consistently winning tourney's with the same small group of units). I've broadened that again to be more of a ribbing on the structure of the tournaments themselves which almost dictate that certain units be played over others in order to be competitive. My fun was not hampered in any way but feel free to run your army by me so I can hide it in the women's bathroom.
I actually (despite my army selection) have the same gripe. I'm a bit too competitive for my own good and feel compelled to take the stronger units for NHSD. I've been messing around with different tournament structures to promote other unit choices, but it tends to complicate things. Maybe we'll find a better solution for next year.

And hey, a guy won the event with Zelrig, so things aren't that bad.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 19th, 2009, 10:18 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=Dignan;939258]
Quote:
Ya who's the dingbat who let that guy win the tournament? Do you know how insufferable he's going to be now?
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had a great time!

That semi-finals battle with BroInLaw was probably the craziest game I have ever played.

Every roll mattered the last 3 rounds and it could have gone either way so many times. The crowd cheering like crazy the last 10 minutes of the game just made it awesome.

R˙chean really pulled out all the stops with Madness--it was tremendous. Thanks!

I'd also like to thank Dignan for rolling like crap in the last match so I could win.

HA!

All the people being so cool and friendly really made this thing a blast--not many tournaments where you can run screaming into the middle of the room that you took out 6 rats and Skahen with one hit and have your opponent laugh with you instead of punching you out (thanks wisinger).

Of course one of my opponents did throw my Zelrig across the room. Twice. But I don't blame her at all...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; October 19th, 2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I love you too Velenne!
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart

I'm glad y'all had a lot of fun, and sorry I missed my first NHSD since Heroscape came out. Unfortunately, y'all decided to hold the tourney on a Sunday, and my work schedule just won't let me play on Sundays anymore

--Aahz
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I want to thank everyone for attending.

This was truly a great event. I also want to thank Dignan, DrLivingston, Rodriquez, and wisinger for bringing the terrain.

I started a wrap up thread in the Battle reports section. Please post thoughts, Battle reports, Pictures, whatever in that thread.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27354

Thank you all for coming out to make this one truly special!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 19th, 2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This was the most awesome NHSD yet. I couldn't play because I had to take my boy to his soccer game. Great to see everybody and it seemed there was a very energetic spirit around the place.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Ry and Madness! Awesome tourney.

I didn't do good but had a great time...I BLAME MIGOL! Also, Dr.L for making me play him.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM

sonlenmaster Woo who?

This was my second tournament it was fun thanks alot MADNESS!

In my dreams I think of 3 things:
Raining Dr.Pepper.
The Cowboys winning 5 Super Bowls in the next 10 years.
And HEROSCAPE!!!!!
Old October 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Just doin' a little ribbing of some of you vets (which I've broadened to several more folks I see consistently winning tourney's with the same small group of units). I've broadened that again to be more of a ribbing on the structure of the tournaments themselves which almost dictate that certain units be played over others in order to be competitive. My fun was not hampered in any way but feel free to run your army by me so I can hide it in the women's bathroom.
I actually (despite my army selection) have the same gripe. I'm a bit too competitive for my own good and feel compelled to take the stronger units for NHSD. I've been messing around with different tournament structures to promote other unit choices, but it tends to complicate things. Maybe we'll find a better solution for next year.

Isn't Zelrig an A unit? Why is it suprising that an army with him won? Just wondering. I have to say Dr. Livingston was fun as hell to watch play, very animated hehe.

Dustin
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Re: Hexes in Texas 2009 - NHSD

I, too, want to thank everyone involved in organizing and contributing to such wonderfully fun event. Nancy and I had a blast! Heroscape is an amazing game, and the Heroscape community likewise amazing, comprising awesome people that are lighthearted and fun-loving. We are looking forward to see you all again next year!

Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
Isn't Zelrig an A unit? Why is it suprising that an army with him won? Just wondering.
Conventional wisdom in DFW was Zelrig just died too quick and whiffed too much. I have personally watched Podwest whiff several times with Zelrig.

I have just put a monster post up in the wrap up thread here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=27354&page=3

Get out you reading glasses if you dare!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:14 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

You have a very good memory

Entertaining and informative, DrL - thanks for the memoirs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day