Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 18th, 2010, 12:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
The Book of Batman (Terry McGinnis)

The Book of Batman (Terry McGinnis)

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 3
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Batman.

Character Bio - Terry was born in Gotham City on August 18, 2023, to Warren and Mary McGinnis, a research scientist at Wayne-Powers and an astronomer at Astro-Tech respectively. By his own admission, he was once a "bad kid." As a former member of a street gang run by youthful racketeer Charlie "Big Time" Bigelow, Terry had his fair share of run-ins with the Gotham City Police in his early teens, even serving a three-month stint in juvenile hall (having been underage, he is spared Charlie's three-year sentence).

Years after Batman is last seen, Terry finds himself on the run from the Jokerz, another street gang who model themselves after the deceased Clown Prince of Crime. Terry flees onto the grounds of Wayne Manor, where an aged Bruce Wayne comes to his defense. The strain of the fight places substantial stress on Bruce's weak heart, so Terry helps Bruce into the mansion and gets him his medication; Bruce proceeds to fall asleep afterward. Before leaving, Terry notices a bat stuck inside a grandfather clock. As he tries to free it, he stumbles upon the entrance to the Batcave and realizes that the elder man was the city's heroic Dark Knight. He is then forced to leave by Bruce.

Terry returns home to find his father murdered, ostensibly by Jokerz. He later discovers that Derek Powers—who has assumed leadership of a merged Wayne-Powers—ordered Warren's death after the latter discovered Powers' plan to mass-produce biological weapons. He seeks Bruce's assistance in bringing Powers down, but cannot convince the old man to take up the cowl once more; Bruce is still shaken from an ordeal years earlier of having relied on a gun for self-defense. Terry takes matters into his own hands and steals the latest incarnation of the Batsuit. Despite some initial mistrust, their similar backgrounds convince Bruce to aid Terry. Terry successfully derails Powers' plan, in the process exposing Powers to his own hazardous chemicals, resulting in his mutation into Blight.

Convinced that there is still a need for a Batman, Bruce hires Terry as his "personal assistant" and begins secretly training him for his new role as Gotham's Dark Knight. In addition, Bruce assists Terry in the field primarily by keeping in continual contact with the boy at the Batcave. Beyond the vigilante duties as Batman, Terry is also Bruce's chauffeur as well as assisting Bruce's daily business and personal tasks at his home and office.
After Powers' criminal identity is revealed to the public and he finally brings retribution to his father's killer, Terry decides to continue his role as Batman to make up for his past sins, in the hope that his heroic role is his chance at redemption.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • One way to maximize the usefulness of Stealth Mode special power is to take turns with Batman by bonding with another figure like Red Skull, Professor X, Gorilla Grodd, Doctor Doom, etc, because by doing so, you avoid having to reveal any Order Markers on Batman's card, which is going to allow him to avoid ranged attacks and special powers that can target him.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Edit log:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; August 2nd, 2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: png
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Batman (Terry McGinnis) ~~ Design Phase

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = TERRY MCGINNIS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

STEALTH MODE
Batman can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If there are no revealed Order Markers on this card, Batman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or any special powers that require clear sight.

TACTICAL COMLINK
After moving and before attacking, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to either add 1 to Batman's Attack number this turn, or add 4 to Batman's Range number for this turn.

BAT GLIDE
After rolling attack dice or defense dice against an opponent's figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.

FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 1st, 2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Well, he's more of Bruce's sidekick, even though Bruce is old

But he does have Max, who isn't really a sidekick, but she helps him out with her computer expertise and such.
I think him having sidekicks is alright.
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great write up Lord Pyre. I have a few questions/comments:
  • For Bat Evasion, does the movement occurs after the dice are rolled or after the attack is resolved?
  • I really like Comlink. It's a very fun ability with a ton of theme for Terry. Have you considered allowing Terry to have the bonus until the end of the round? Thematically, it would show that Bruce was helping him throughout the round. Also, I would consider adding 1 to both Terry's attack and defense.
  • I'm also a big fan of Bat Cloaking. I do find it a bit weird though that Bat Cloaking gives him Stealth Flying without giving him Stealth Flying. (If that makes any sense.) In other words, abilities that would effect Stealth Flying would not effect Terry.
  • I really think he's missing range. From the cartoon, I remember him shooting Bat-a-rangs out of his wrists all the time. It would be a shame if you missed that aspect of him.
All in all, a great first draft. I look forward to seeing this one through.

Last edited by Balantai; October 18th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good points!

I like this wording better:

BAT EVASION
After attacking or defending against a figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, Batman may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

And a Range of 4 would represent batarangs well.

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; October 18th, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Great write up Lord Pyre. I have a few questions/comments:
  • For Bat Evasion, does the movement occurs after the dice are rolled or after the attack is resolved?
  • I really like Comlink. It's a very fun ability with a ton of theme for Terry. Have you considered allowing Terry to have the bonus until the end of the turn? Thematically, it would show that Bruce was helping him throughout the round. Also, I would consider adding 1 to both Terry's attack and defense.
  • I'm also a big fan of Bat Cloaking. I do find it a bit weird though that Bat Cloaking gives him Stealth Flying without giving him Stealth Flying. (If that makes any sense.) In other words, abilities that would effect Stealth Flying would not effect Terry.
  • I really think he's missing range. From the cartoon, I remember him shooting Bat-a-rangs out of his wrists all the time. It would be a shame if you missed that aspect of him.
All in all, a great first draft. I look forward to seeing this one through.
Well, I don't really get what you mean. I guess I assume after the attack is resolved. Are you thinking of special attacks that do added effects? I'm not sure, then, it'd probably have to be discussed.
Thank Bats for the comlink! I wasn't going to have it on there, but he took a few of my ideas and made them cleaner, so actually these are kind of a mish mash of our ideas, that he (mostly) wrote up. I'm terrible at wording, so he was a big help!
For the cloaking, that's one power I really wanted on him, but Bats suggested adding the "stealth flying" on top of it. I was originally going to give him normal stealth flying, but it fits well this way without taking more space up on the card.
But range is one thing I REALLY don't want. That's one problem I had with the original C3G Batman, was that his main attacking power was his batarangs, when really, he only uses them to disarm or distract. For this Batman, I really wanted to emphasize the fact that he's fast, and how he flies around all the time while in fights, as a "hit and run" character. Yeah, he throws batarangs, but really only when he has to. I'd much rather him be an up close and personal fighter, and range would make his Bat Evasion (Which needs a better name... Bats suggested Bat Glider, since it's basically Goblin Glider, but I didn't care much for that, either ), probably a bit too powerful.

So basically I want to stay away from range, and focus on his stealthy, attack-from-the-shadows tactics.

Oh, and I'd love for him to be able to fly away even FROM flying characters, but that might be getting a bit too broken
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like 90% of this a lot. Here are changes I'd like to see ...

NAME = Batman

SECRET IDENTITY = Terry McGinnis
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Vigilante
PERSONALITY = Impulsive
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 180?

BAT CLOAKING
Batman can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If there are no revealed Order Markers on this card, Batman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or any special powers that require clear sight.

BAT EVASION
Text for the special power. After Batman rolls attack or defense dice against a figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, he may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

BATCAVE COMLINK
After moving, before attacking, you may reveal the X-Order Marker on this card and add 1 to Batman's attack this turn.

Flying

----------------
In C3G, anyone who has stealth flying also has flying automatically due to the use of the icon. I don't think we need to list both here.
I prefer Batcave Comlink as a once per round boost. Makes for more of a strategic decision. Otherwise you almost might as well just give him an attack of 5 and say you're not allowed to place the X-Marker at all.
I think with his cloaking and his range boost he doesn't need stat boosts at all (sorry, Balantai), and he's not in the neighborhood of Bruce when it comes to hand-to-hand fighting anyway.
I switched the order of the powers to make more sense with turn order.
The left box looks great!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM

Thinking about this more, I think I'd like to see the Comlink let him move up to an additional 4 spaces instead of an attack bonus.

Quote:
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I still think the wording for Bat Evasion is a bit wonky, but there might be an official card with this type of wording that I am forgetting.

Instead of:
BAT EVASION
After Batman rolls attack or defense dice against a figure without the Flying special power, he may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

How about:
BAT EVASION
After Batman attacks or defends against an attack from a figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.

EDIT: Also, there's no reason to be sorry, Bats. It's been a while since we disagreed on something, anyway.

EDIT 2: I can see where just adding range to Terry is going to make him a ranged figure. This isn't going to fly with Lord Pyre and I can understand that. First and foremost, Terry was a hand-to-hand combatant. His Bat-a-Rangs were used often, but they were still secondary.

Last edited by Balantai; October 18th, 2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
How about:
BAT EVASION
After Batman attacks or defends against an attack from a figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.
That seems so familiar....

Quote:
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Well, he's more of Bruce's sidekick, even though Bruce is old

But he does have Max, who isn't really a sidekick, but she helps him out with her computer expertise and such.
I think him having sidekicks is alright.
Na, I'd say more so that Bruce inspired Terry. From what I know Bruce was retired, Terry stumbled upon him, was a typical teenager looking through stuff, and discovered Batman.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

My thoughts.

LEFT BOX
Looks mostly good. I'd like something different for his personality, though. Tricky? Confident? Fearless? Not certain.

STATS
I think 4/4 is a bit too weak for him. He's not nearly as skilled as Batman, of course, but the suit more than makes up the difference. With cloaking, I wouldn't mind leaving it at 5/4, but, still. Otherwise, yeah, no problem.

POWERS
Bat Evasion... not a huge fan, but it works, I suppose.

I don't like the Comlink, for one reason - it's not Terry's power. You wouldn't have a Batman card with "Oracle's Support" on it, or give Jean Grey "Professor X's Mental Support" or what have you. The Comlink is a power that, ideally, would go on an Old Man Wayne card, not a Batman Beyond card.

For Bat Cloaking, the name needs work, and I don't think he should really be able to walk through figures, particularly in the middle of the fray. Otherwise, golden.

I'd definitely be in support of an Advanced Bat-a-rang Special Attack or something, but we should definitely tread the line between "ranged figure" and "figure with range." Maybe 5 Range, but only 3 Attack? Then boost his base attack up to 5 in order to make melee more likely.

Also, I'm pretty sure he should have super strength. I'm pretty sure he can lift in the one ton range with the suit.

OH! And one thing I find necessary and am rather disappointed wasn't done on Harley Quinn's card - Bruce Timm art. It's a character born from the DCAU, and I think using his style would be best.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library