Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old October 13th, 2006, 02:43 AM

nickmodaily has disabled reputation
If anyone finds any Flagbearers in their area, could you please post it on this thread? I hate wading through the general "sightings" thread to find something that applies to Utah.

I'll do the same if I come across any at the Sugarhouse TRU.

"It is not possible to fight beyond your strength, even if you strive."
Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I just heard from Scott that they will probably make it to the event. He says he's been to Hastur, but not Game Night Games. I still have to track down Tony.

As far as other games, I think my son will just want to play Heroscape. We tried out 400 point armies that we think we'll be using with a few proxies. I lost pretty bad to him. I only made one move that I would call a mistake, but I had some bad luck on the dice. There are a few units we will need to borrow, but I may change my army still.
Old October 15th, 2006, 04:45 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Minivann--

Good deal. Has Scott joined Heroscapers.com yet?
Are you four (five?) all driving up together?

I'm thinking Game Night...I'll update info re: fees or no fees Monday.

Will also check with HokshilaTo. There should be at least 5x all commons to draw from, & I don't see why multiple people couldn't have uniques.

Just make up at least three army lists each; on the off chance that newbies will be there, there will then be armies for them to jump right in with.
Old October 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Not flagbearers, but there's three castles @ 5400 So. Redwood Wal-Mart (all have a squashed corner), and three more at the 5600 W. ~3000 S. Wal-Mart (no squashed corner), joined by at least 4 sets of Wave 5. I had to peek and run, didn't have time to examine them closely. The former was Monday night, the latter Tuesday afternoon.
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I haven't heard from Tony yet, but I should hear from him soon. There aren't any plans (yet) for all 4-5 of us coming up together, but I'm going to pull for it.

I don't think Scott has joined the site yet. I've sent him a couple links to stuff I've mentioned to him. IIRC he has looked at the battle report of the game day. I'm working on it. I'd try to get Tony on here, but he doesn't have internet access at home last I checked, and he's on yo-yo sites when he gets the chance. I know I won't change that.
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM

ortimus has disabled reputation
I am sorry but I won't be able to make it on Saturday. I pm UtahScott a bit more info. I hope that you all have a great time and I want a battle report.

Wise Man Say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late Pizza!"
Old October 26th, 2006, 10:14 PM

I just picked 5 flagbearers at the TRU in Sugarhouse. Just so you all know, they aren't located with the usual boardgames. They have a separate cart that just has Heroscape stuff. They have a bunch of wave one there as well.

It you stop by you local TRUs, just make sure you look for the cart.

Good Luck!!

Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Looks like the next tentative meet-up is November 18, again in Springville. Ask Agent Minivann for details.

The 10/28 report is here.

And it seems flagbearers are at all three Salt Lake Toys 'R' Us now...the sale goes for 3 1/2 weeks, some are on separate displays, others are with the main Heroscape section.

Edit: It seems the 11/18 Springville session never got a write-up, but the setup thread is here.
Eight people, I think, me, ortimus & nickmodaily from SLC, and the Minivann duo, Harker father-and-son, and Tony from Utah County. Sounds about right.
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM

If there are any wave 6 sightings, please list them in this thread.
Thanks!

Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:41 PM

I just picked up the four sets of Wave Six at the Wal-Mart at 13th South and 3rd West near Downtown Salt Lake. They only had the four sets, and I bought them all. They weren't in their system yet so when I went to check out it took the semi-hanicapped checker an extra ten minutes to figure out what to do.

So, Wave Six has arrived in Utah Walmarts and you should be seeing them soon. Make sure that when you go to check out, you take up a pack of an older wave that they can scan for you.

Good Luck!

Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old December 19th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Quest Quitter

Thanks for the heads-up, Nick. I'll try to get the pictures uploaded this week. I got hit with a couple weeks of mandatory overtime, and my connection is just slow.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:07 AM

I hit three Wally's Wednesday, and one the week before. No sign of Wave 6. Today (12/22) I hit the 900 East Wally. There were (at one point) at least THREE sets of Wave Six. I took the only complete set, and two extra commons (the extra Kyrie was gone), leaving two Heroes and one Zombie. Plus a wave 4 & wave 5 common.

These are STILL not in the system. Some supervisor had my cashier input a generic code, & typed "Heroscape" in by hand.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers