Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Well I haven't spoken to Gary on this really yet, so I can't say.
With M's new schedule, I didn't think I was going to be able to make it at all.
Then, I saw when everyone was planning on getting to Rockton.
A gaming window opened. A little bit anyway.
So if you guys are going to be there that early I'll plan on showing up then too. Help set up/ play, whatever.
It's always cool to hang with 'scapers, anyway you can.
If Gary wants, he can take a crack at me.
He's got a score to settle.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
why 520 points? why not 500? Someone must have a perfect army built and takes 520 points.
Gary has a way of getting 1 more set of vipers or orcs.
no reason in particular. honest. i just like 520. 400, 500 or 600 are boring.

i was 100% RL today. so tomorrow i'll post the map i'll be building on the dining room table.

still no freaking castle the Walmart near me thinks it will arrive Friday. they've had a spot on the shelves for it for 2 weeks now. if i do get a set or two just before the event i may not be able to resist starting from scatch at the last second.

speaking of portals, ever since Pilgrim did that massive game with Heroscape Throw Down rules i've been thinking how cool it would be to have several small maps scattered about the house where players can jump between maps using portals and his rules, but separate maps rather than using one giant connected map like he did. maybe next time.

it will be fun to try out your portal idea DJ. hopefully most players will have time to play more than one game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
If Gary wants, he can take a crack at me.
He's got a score to settle.
and josh-n-papa has a score to settle with me.

beware, i now have 3 squads of Blastatrons
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ

speaking of portals, ever since Pilgrim did that massive game with Heroscape Throw Down rules i've been thinking how cool it would be to have several small maps scattered about the house where players can jump between maps using portals and his rules, but separate maps rather than using one giant connected map like he did. maybe next time.

it will be fun to try out your portal idea DJ. hopefully most players will have time to play more than one game...
I've wanted to do that too.
As much as I love huge, epic maps. I've discovered, with my schedule, little quick games work great too.

Two blastatrons for me.... so far.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:32 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i've update the first post with the list of players. a few are tentative so i'm estimating between 8 and 12 players.

PMing the driving directions to everyone in a few minutes.

as for my map, just follow this link for pics i took last time we got together and imagine what it will look like with Tundra on the end opposite of the Lava end.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?p=17747#20042

and as for a scenario, i'm still undecided.

if we only get 8 players and decide to all play on djsmith's setup then that's cool. we can use mine as the "overflow" map.

as for teams it sounds like we should just pair up. some of us are bringing another player with us. if there is synergy between the two players' armies then good, if not oh well.

edit: here's the ZIP of the PDF and SOL for viewing in SolidScape if you want a closer look - minus the Tundra.
https://heroscape.glasq.com/online/s...ata_deluxe.zip

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 9th, 2022 at 10:51 PM.
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:44 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I'm back in Chicago after spending the last ten weeks in Princeton. So it looks like I'll be able to join you all this time. Yay. I'll try to be there early to help with the set up. And I'll bring my two castle sets; not that we have to use them. I'll be driving from Evanston. Look forward to meeting you all.
Old August 24th, 2006, 07:10 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Well looks like where having a good size crowd, I'm looking foward to playing those I played with before & looking forward to meet those I haven't see yall on SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
OK guys, I posted pics from Virtualscape on the post explaining the scenario but they are too darn small! I tried increasing the size but then they become too pixelated. So tonight I am going to REBUILD the maps and take pictures on the digital camera and post them.

Rest assured you will all have a great visual of the maps by the time I am done.
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
looks like i'll be there for sure...are we drafting or bring premade stuff?
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Spin Master

excellent Nwojedi !
some real competition...

i'd like to stick with premade 520 point armies. (btw, did you know that Gladiatrons x3, Blastatrons x3 and Major X17 is exactly 520 points? )

if you want to bring 2 or 3 different 520 point armies that's fine. in fact i recommend bringing at least 2 520p armies. (edited first post). then as a game takes shape the players can decide if they want to bump up the point amount (and let some borrow from others if needed).

drafting will add more time and would require 3 or so players to bring their whole collection and share. (haven't decided if i'm brining my whole collection - i don't live at this location.) i'm hoping everyone (except maybe Joah) can squeeze in 2 games and have a chance to play against different players in a second game.

games start at noon-ish. it looks like we will have no problem getting 6 players into two different games going on at the same time. 6 players is about the max anyhow otherwise there is too much downtime for each player.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:00 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
520 points is also 13 x Deathreavers, or 13 x Venoc Vipers.
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Spin Master

how did you know i was going to play 52 Deathreavers? (or should i do 52 Blade Gruts. hmm....)
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:21 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers