Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 20th, 2017, 11:53 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
This is a silly question, but its one that I've debated with a few people. When you pronounce the name "Krug", do you have a short u sound like bug or a long u sound like dude? Btw, there is an excellent French champagne called Krug which uses the long u sound.
Not a silly question at all. It's a great question. There have been a couple threads already (here and here) about how to pronounce Heroscape names, but nothing official.

@Craig Van Ness, was there ever a list made of phonetical spellings for Heroscape names? What would be really cool is if we had sound files with someone speaking each name. I imagine you're pretty busy with the new company, but if it was your voice speaking the names, that would be even more cool.

As far as spelled pronunciation goes, I like the way they do it on dictionary.com.
Recording myself saying all the Heroscape names could take a while. Maybe I could just clarify the ones that are in question.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:09 AM

NinjaFossil is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Are you interested in playing in a round of Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa?
What is Curse of Negoksa?
Ne-Gok-Sa, named after the Marro character, is a game on this forum that's a bit like Werewolf or Mafia, only everyone plays as a Heroscape figure. You have to join a special group to play, but that's just to stop the rest of the forum from being clogged with people posting while playing this game

If I say the wrong thing, It's because I'm a newb who thinks this is cool and wants in while only having the AotP base set
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:25 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Click 'User CP', then 'Group Memberships' then 'request' to join CoN & RP Forum Access.

Click on the new Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa tab, and join in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Click 'User CP', then 'Group Memberships' then 'request' to join CoN & RP Forum Access.

Click on the new Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa tab, and join in the fun!
You would win all the time! Your defense could always be: "You're going to kill the creator of Heroscape!? Fiend! You must be a puppet!"
Old January 26th, 2017, 12:15 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I'd like to hear a little about Battleship Galaxies. How much was planned, what was the reason it didn't survive, do you truly feel the two fleets were balanced in the base game?
Tai-Pan,
This game system not launched properly. We had 3 years of expansions planned. 8 factions.

If the expansions came out it would of made the game a much more balanced.

IMO, It didn't survive because we didn't launch with expansions and there are other reasons that I can't really talk about.
Some things a man would rather not know....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 26th, 2017, 02:26 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to hear a little about Battleship Galaxies. How much was planned, what was the reason it didn't survive, do you truly feel the two fleets were balanced in the base game?
Tai-Pan,
This game system not launched properly. We had 3 years of expansions planned. 8 factions.

If the expansions came out it would of made the game a much more balanced.

IMO, It didn't survive because we didn't launch with expansions and there are other reasons that I can't really talk about.
Some things a man would rather not know....
Tell me about it. Six more factions would have been pretty fantastic.
Old January 27th, 2017, 08:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Not to mention Best Comic Book Ever Included In A Game.
Old January 30th, 2017, 03:27 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Curse you Hasbro!
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Wonderful opportunity here to interview the man himself. Enjoy seeing Father Heroscape talk about his baby and the future plans for reclaiming it and MORE!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 19th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I find it funny that I found this on YouTube before finding it here.
Old February 20th, 2017, 01:14 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I find it funny that I found this on YouTube before finding it here.
Not hard to believe if you're subscribed to Sir H's heroscape channel. That happens to me quite often. Cool stuff.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 27th, 2017, 05:16 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Craig,

First off I want to thank you for taking the time to answer so many questions. It really speaks to your authenticity and passion for your games.

Secondly I want to thank you for standing by Heroscape over the years. I remember seeing the first master set and Mimrings artwork during the 2004 holiday season. I knew I had to have it. It was the only thing on my Christmas list. I was 11. I then joined Heroscapers in 2006.
This game and website, as many here can attest, changed my life and gave me an escape in an otherwise turbulent childhood. Quite simply put, your game was a savior for me and I will always be thankful for that.

On a less sappy note I do have a question!
I am a big sucker for story development. What was the basic train of thought while developing the basis of the Heroscape storyline?
I love the idea of it being Sgt. Drakes journey. But how did this soldier's story get infused into a traditional lore, like Valhalla and the Kyries. Which is very Norse.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion