Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Aliens & Predators for HS: 4/19 Predator update 1st pg

This is a Forum thread that I have always received PM's about since the .NET days, so I am copying it over here.

There was a company a few years ago that was producing metal Alien knockoffs in 28mm you may have seen photos of. Sadly, they no longer have them or have plans to make more.

Leading Edge Games made licensed metal figures for their RPG game that are a little small in scale, but usable. You can often find them on e-Bay; although they can be very expensive.

The Alien Queen in the photos is from Konami and can often be found on e-Bay and around the web for less than $20. It is small vinyl pre-painted kit (which requires minimal assembly) and it looks great with the official HS figures when mounted on a HS base.

Wizkids is now making the official AvP figures as part of their Horrorclix line. They are available now for $30 a set.

A Horrorclix Queen is also available now. It is a two piece model with a Queen that detaches from her egg-sac. You can see some large photos of it on page 10 of this thread. The set also includes an Alien and Predator figure.

A Predator boxed set will be available in March 2007; plus the buy it by the "brick" promotional figure for Horrorclix: The Lab is a cloaking Predator!

Alien Cards

Here are my revised Alien cards to go along with the new releases. Most of these cards have been around since back when Wave 1 was released and have evolved as HS has.

This is the fourth revision of the Queen. I removed the "crappy bonding" with the Aliens and instead gave proper bonding on the Alien Warriors and Facehugger cards to give her the mobility and speed some players thought she lacked in playtests. I also gave her a power to help the defense of Alien units within a certain range. The Queen has a telepathic link with her children and this reflects her ability to give them better orders in battle than what they would select on their own.

The fourth revision for the Alien Warriors. They now have proper bonding with the Queen and a slight boost to attack power to address some of the point issues that were brought up. They are tough melee fighters, but can be shredded by ranged fire (as illustrated in the films and comics). If you let them get close to you, however, if their claws or teeth don't get you, their acid blood probably will. Of course, you must be careful not to place any friendly non-Alien units you have adjacent to them. This is a nasty little drawback that I've seen exploited when using these guys.

This is the fourth revision of the Facehuggers. They now have bonding with the Queen, the Facehugger special attack was cleaned up to sound more HS like and the Climb power neatly solves their movement issues in earlier revisions.

The deployment of the Alien Warrior you get as part of a successful Facehugger attack was also changed a little. It is more atmospheric and fitting for the Alien to pop out from somewhere where it was already hiding instead of having to start at the back at a starting zone.

Grid is a new addition from the Horrorclix line. He is an Alien that survived a Predator net attack. He shows a little more cunning than his brethren in the AvP film and is instrumental in getting the other Aliens to free the Queen, so he gets slightly better stats than a warrior and the ability to make their attacks more powerful as a group.

While waiting for the Wizkids figures, I came across some dirt cheap Mage Knight figures that look an awful lot like the famous Giger Alien. They are also bigger than the metal Aliens, so they are more in scale with the HS figures.

The figure is called a Shadow, but I first found it as a rarer figure named a Black Dirge. Mage Knight prices are dropping and I was able to pick up 6 Shadows for less than $4.00!

Here are some photos of the converted Mage Knight figures:

So, if you don't want to buy the somewhat expensive Wizkids' versions, you can make your own!

NOTE: Doc_Savage has made some great Alien cards that work with these figures as well. Check out his customs thread here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=377

Predator Cards

These cards are a project Rhydderch and I worked on.

Box image courtesy of the talented Doc_Savage!
With many thanks to Doc_Savage, Lilnewbie and Ninthdoc for their assistance with this project.

Rhydderch has updated all of the card art, stats and bios for the Predators as of 04-18-2009.

ELDER
The Elder stepped forth from the wreckage of the ship, his eyes fixed upon the winged man who stood before him and the Predator who stood beside the Kyrie. He knew the Predator, a blooded warrior that the earth warriors had once called Skull. The Elder lifted its head, and an odd chitter escaped from beneath the shimmering, metal mask he wore. Skull responded with a single quiet chitter, before pointing at the very ground that he stood upon. There, half-covered in grass and dried mud, lay the crested skull of some massive beast. The Elder understood. Here, the hunt was plentiful and the challenge was worthy of a hunter's honour.

[CENTER][LEFT]

JEHDIN
The Aliens swarmed around the Predator, their lithe bodies glistening in the half-light of the derelict spaceship. They flitted past his vision, to the left and right of him, behind him and even on the vessel walls above him, so many that Jehdin had lost count. The Predator drew his Combi-Stick, and with a slow, deliberate motion, removed his mask - the only armor he wore. A chorus of clicks sounded from his mandibles, almost a laugh, and Jehdin began the dance of death that he knew so well...

Even amongst his own kind, Jehdin is said to be possessed by a warrior's will. He refuses to fight with the ranged weapons of his Yautja kin, and relies instead on his weapon, Chiva. It is a name that means trial, and indeed Jehdin sees every hunt as a test of his skills with his chosen weapon. Because of his prowess in battle and his love for the hunt, Jehdin is called the One by his fellow predators, a title reserved for those hunters who have proven themselves above and beyond their own blooded kin.

In Valhalla, Jehdin continues to wield Chiva with deadly finesse, and he is the most dangerous predator: undefeated in his world, Jehdin has never used the Self-Destruct device upon his wrist and carries it still, making him deadly in both life and in death.

SKULL
Cold eyes scan the rolling hills. They see the great, golden-domed structure built atop the crystal clear lake and they settle upon the rows and rows of tall men with great wings who stand under the arches of a great bridge. The creature watches the winged men, and then it begins to hunt. A metal mask is pulled down across the cold eyes, the creature takes its first step towards the bridge, and it disappears.

A flurry of feathers rain down from the sky as a tall man lands before the creature. The man speaks, quietly but quickly, his voice filled with strength. Visions flow through the creature's mind and though the creature does not understand all that is said, it does understand this: it has been promised a hunt so great it will never end.

SLASH
Slash was a newly Blooded hunter when he was cut down by a rogue predator known as Bad-Blood. Shamed by his defeat, Slash activated his self-destruct device and waited for the end. It never came. Mere moments before the detonation of his self-destruct device, Einar summoned the young predator to Valhalla, and offered it a new chance to earn honor and skill. Slash accepted and has come to serve Einar faithfully.

SCAR
He awoke to a world of darkness and pain; his body alight with fire. It ran through every nerve, every muscle, and seared into his very brain. He screamed, an inhuman scream, and then he knew no more...

He awoke again. The pain wracked his body still and he saw a great black beast with jaws that could tear through steel and a long, whip-like tail. A voice called out to him in the darkness, that of an earth female, and then there was a pain that lanced through his chest, and he knew no more...

Scar opened his eyes. The world around him had changed. He was in a ship now, the very one he had been brought to the Pyramid upon, and there were no more Aliens, no more humans, only the burning pain - that and the odd voice that spoke to him. It was a strange voice, raspy and slow, and it spoke in a language he could not understand. But he did know this, he had died and was now alive again. He had been shamed and only a new hunt could bring him honor again...

CELTIC
An unblooded Predator, Celtic was one of three predators who ventured into the pyramid on Earth's Bouvet Island to hunt the Aliens within. However the hunter can quickly become the hunted when the prey is as deadly as the Xenomorphs, and the young Predator was outmatched by the vicious cunning of the Alien known as Grid. Only a timely summons from Einar and the eldritch touch of Durnipia were able to save the dying Pred. Now Celtic fights in the war for Valhalla, seeking the honor that was denied him and the Alien he marked so long ago...

ALEXA WOODS
As the strange vessel rose high above the Antarctic ice, Alexa shivered. She'd seen so much in her short time in the pyramid, and she knew she could never go back to her old life. Images of terrifying Aliens with acid blood filled her mind, as did the screams of those she had lead into the accursed pyramid. Friends and colleagues, all gone now, and one by her hand. She looked down at the strange alien weapon she had been given, and drove it deep into the ice and snow. In memory of you guys, she thought. Then she shouldered the makeshift spear and shield that one of the aliens had made for her, and set out across the cold wastes. She was never seen on earth again.

BAD BLOOD
When Utgar first encountered the Predators summoned by Einar he was impressed by their ferocity and power. He sought a hunter of his own. He turned his visions towards the relentless Yautja and saw a powerful warrior poised to strike the final blow upon a second Predator. Utgar delighted in the strength of that hunter and summoned it to Valhalla. He thought he could command the Predator: he was wrong.

Utgar learned that day of the Yautja's refusal to hunt the weak, and also of their independent spirit that would bow to no one - not even to him. Utgar would come away from his lesson with a scar on his chest, and an undying hatred for the honorable Yautja. He was no longer satisfied with the promise of a warrior who would kill the slaves of Jandar. He wanted a Yautja who would hunt its own.

Now a deadly hunter serves Utgar, its fury unrestrained by any sense of respect or honor. On its homeworld, it revelled in the challenge of hunting its own. It killed with no remorse and with no mercy. But the hunter can quickly become the hunted in Yautja society and the Predator soon found itself the prey of an honorable Yautja sent to kill it. The chase was long and hard but the dishonorable hunter could not defeat the more experienced Predator. It saw its Stealth Suit and Plasma Caster destroyed, before it found itself facing imminent death. But the dishonored was saved by Utgar and the Predator known as Bad Blood has come to serve him. The Prey has become Predator again.

Last edited by Annerios; April 19th, 2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
Thanks for re-posting that. My sons are very interested in this.
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Doc Savage's Aliens

I have made a number of cards for these. Here is the second version - without the facehuggers and eggs. I will put those up here also when I have the chance.

Here's Doug MacGreggor fighting the Aliens...

The Queen is a Konami Queen model kit and the Warriors are a mix of out of production knock-offs and long out of production Leading Edge figures.

If anyone uses these guys, post a report here!

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Re: Doc Savage's Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
I have made a number of cards for these. Here is the second version - without the facehuggers and eggs. I will put those up here also when I have the chance.
Thanks Doc! Good to see you here.
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks, Annerios and Doc! Just picked up some MK Shadows to convert to Aliens and the Alien Queen is in the mail atm. Can't wait to try them out.

Newb.
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Annerios these are great but aren't horror clixs using alien as one of their figures

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Annerios these are great but aren't horror clixs using alien as one of their figures
That is the rumor. I had posted that at the very bottom of the thread.

It is not confirmed yet, but it seems like a Aliens/Predator collector's set will be coming out. We may know a little more in the next few months.

After seeing the first 6 figures, they will probably do a great job with them. Doc had mentioned that the collector sets are not cheap, though.
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Hey Annerios:

Not sure if you got my PM but I just wanted to thank you again for giving me the headsup on this site. I'm still holding some vague hope that hq can be revived and that maybe GW will delegate some of his load onto the other mods. Not much hope but its there =P

Anyway glad to see you're old information re-posted. I'm sure its a good contribution to re-establishing all that was at hq =)

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Hey Annerios:

Not sure if you got my PM but I just wanted to thank you again for giving me the headsup on this site. I'm still holding some vague hope that hq can be revived and that maybe GW will delegate some of his load onto the other mods. Not much hope but its there =P

Anyway glad to see you're old information re-posted. I'm sure its a good contribution to re-establishing all that was at hq =)
Good to see you made it here! I am slowly trying to salvage some of my posts as time allows, but since HQ came back I have found more that are even less accessible. I have all of my unit cards and figure photos (along with plenty of other people's units and photos) saved on my PC. I am sure many others do to, so we can put things back together.

With the hardcore players already moving here, HQ is bound to become a ghost town. I'll keep jumping back and forth, but I think this will be our new home for a long time. Truth and his gang of mods have the best interests of the HS community in mind and I'm happy to be here.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:59 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm glad this thread was posted again, and was featured on the front page.

I'm still wondering how these play in the game. Are there any playtests for these?

Because with both versions, (while they cover different aspects of the creatures) it doesn;t seem that either would be worth the points they cost.

I have never been able to figure out how these would play out - how can Annerios' Queen be worth 150 points, or Doc Savage's Warriors be worth so much when it takes on average 8 rounds to get a squad of 4 out of them?

Could someone show a benefit-cost analysis on these units, or playtests, or something?
I think they rock in concept, but the costs have always been off-putting on these units to me - what do other people see in these great efforts?
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Master Custom Creator

It is official.

Aliens vs Predator is coming in pre-painted plastic for Horrorclix Dec 2006 and early in 2007.

Check out the announcement here:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_artic...&frame=company

Story sighting courtesy of the very fast Lilnewbie!
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:33 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
don't know if anyone noticed,

A special HorrorClix sneak peek is planned at the Origins International Game Expo in Columbus, OH, on June 29. The game will also be available at a presale in limited quantities at Gen Con in Indianapolis on August 10.

wonder what other licensed characters they'll be able to get in the future

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards