Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old May 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
Do you think that there's just the two of us here now? I think Skulls might be on holiday, but everyone else seems to have vanished - that, or they are keeping a very low profile.
Hi there! I am still around, albeit not in a major way at the moment. Real life is taking its toll, and not getting much time for Scape, or Heroscapers Flicking in now and again to see whats happening.

What you were saying about the Ebay thing, Richard - I have tabs on several UK Heroscape auctions at the moment. What is your username (and the usernames of other Brits reading this) so I dont enter into a bidding war with fellow Scapers?
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:16 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm Freeganx3d!
I am watching a fair few 'used' common pack sets from a guy called bonemaniac.

Has anyone taken a butchers at Sandra Scratch and dent inventory?
I just ordered 2 castle sets and 2 4th mass/wolves sets for £62.50 including p&p which i thought was rather good . There are quite alot of Hero packs which is unfortunate because i wanted more commons, guess someone beat me too it.

Edit: Someone must cut off my hands and call a doctor! I have gone and bought 2 sets of romans (£20.13 inc. p&p from forbiddenplanet), i think this absence of new sets is driving me to buying multiple commons. Will the madness never end?!

Edit: I've gone and done it now, ordered 2 x grut orcs, 2 x snipers & vipers and 1 x Rttff from shiregames with free p&p. I'm so glad i'm not married or my wife would be throwing a fit right about now!
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:44 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If anyone is looking for a squad of EOV's someone is selling one lot on ebay. Starting price is £7.99 + £1.25 p&p (i think) no bidders yet but make sure you keep an eye one it.

Edit: Forbiddenplanet have struck again! Just got a call from them saying they only have one Roman pack left when i ordered two! This is rather annoying because i was going to cancel the order and just order 2 sets from shiregames because i had free p&p with them! D'oh!
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Bad luck, JH. FP looks like it doesn't really want the business.

As HMG only had a few bits I might have wanted, I'm holding off until I order Wave 7 (by which time there'l be no "dents" left). The real question for me is going to be whether I order SOTM (singly or in multiples), or wait to see if it arrives in the UK via Argos. I strongly suspect that I'll order just the one for now, but I'll need to get it with Wave 7 to save on shipping.

I've got $200 in my "toy" fund at the moment (thanks to returning a GFX card that blew up and which I don't really need anyway). I'm trying hard in 2007 to only spend on games (and things like that) money from a fund which is periodically filled up with the proceeds of Ebay auctions of old, unwanted stuff.

My Ebay name will be obvious when you see it (it starts with "richard").

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old May 9th, 2007, 11:56 AM

Yeah i don't know whether or not to go for multiple Sotm either. If we knew if they were going to be sold in the uk soon then i would hold off and buy only one from Sandra but i'm not getting my hopes up. I will have to wait until closer to the time.
My minions and drones set arrived today - i was comparing them to my current figures and some do have their differences, eg the drone that has the weapon horizontal is slightly more bent over in the newer lot, and another has less shading on it's face which i like because it does make them seem a bit more unique.
Old May 10th, 2007, 06:30 AM

My Gruts/Snipers&Vipers/Rttff arrived today, they are German Imports! I don't mind because they came with English cards but the Glyphs have both English & German writing on. I was comparing the gruts with the set i already have and the new ones definitely have more golden-looking armour than my others. The trees also have slightly different colouring but that's good because then i don't feel i have the same things.
My brother gave me that 'why did you buy more of the same' look today when he found out i had even more multiples. I suppose having multiples is more appealing to those who play alot or with more people or draft their own armies. It's slightly different for my family because we only random draft so having multiple commons doesn't have such a great appeal. We only random draft because we want to fit as many games in as we can rather than wasting time counting up value points. But i am going to try and get my dad to try normal drafting. Fingers crossed.
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Yeah i don't know whether or not to go for multiple Sotm either.
We don't know if SOTM will include any commons; if it does, I'll definately be wanting mutiples.

We don't know if Argos is going to stock SOTM; if they do - and especially when they have a sale - I'll definately be wanting mutiples.

But it's harder to order multiple SOTM from HMG; I've been close to /over the limit of what will fit into a single package before, and multiple starter sets would probably need to be shipped separately, increasing the cost.

So overall, I'll buy one then hold fire.

Quote:
My minions and drones set arrived today - i was comparing them to my current figures and some do have their differences, eg the drone that has the weapon horizontal is slightly more bent over in the newer lot, and another has less shading on it's face which i like because it does make them seem a bit more unique.
Sometimes the moldings look a little off - that's because either the tool that made them is getting worn and damaged, or the way that they are stored and packaged while cooling (this was the problem with the Battlelore figures - poor handling while they were still cooling from the molding machine). The paint job always looks a bit different from one pack to the next; you have different painters, sometimes using diffrent batches of paint. I'm sad enough that I sorted all my 9 Master Set figures, and picked the "best" one of each figure to go in the collection.

And stop random drafting! Use some of the time that you spend here to instead think about what you might like to draft next time you play, and draft properly! If you don't get into the whole "counter-drafting" thing and instead draft synergistic or themed armies, everyone can come up with a 400-500 point army pretty quickly.

The only time I do "random" is at public demo games. And even then, I prefer to let people pick what they want.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old May 10th, 2007, 09:52 AM

I have taken everything you said onboard! Thanks
Quote:
I'm sad enough that I sorted all my 9 Master Set figures, and picked the "best" one of each figure to go in the collection
I did that with my gruts to see which was the best but as they're common i don't need to worry about which one's are in my collection.

I'm doing a bootsale sometime this summer and was thinking about selling one of my 3 sets of master set figures because they are taking up a bit of room and aren't being used. I will keep one set as spare but hopefully won't have need for the 3rd.

By the way does anyone want any figure cards (in German) for anything?
I have 2 x Blade gruts, 2 x Arrow gruts, 2 x Snipers, 2 x Vipers, 1 x Dumutef Guard.
As i said they are in German and noone will probably want them but i will send them out free of charge if anyone does.
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM

I have been at it again!
I bid on some lots of boosters on ebay but i set myself a limit to how much i would spend on each one. I won two lots out of the 8 or 9 that there were; 1x minions & drones and 1x Knights & Swog rider both from the same seller equalling to the total of £17 including p&p! They are used though but i don't mind as long as i already have a decent set already.
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:04 AM

My 4th mass/woloves sets and castles turned up today.
I now have 4 castle sets and i can't wait to build a huge castle!
I am planning on having a battle with all my figures in; It will be Utgar vs Everyone else. Usually i have Utgar&Vydar Vs the others but this time I will give Utgar the castle(s) so it should hopefully work out even.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Enjoy! Are you a "paint 'em" or a "no way" sort of chap when it comes to Castles?

And if anyone is even REMOTELY interested, I'm at Burton Upon Trent Town Hall this weekend with Heroscape. Only a modest setup (about 4 sets' worth), but we should be playing all Saturday and Sunday (unless Sunday is quiet - in which case Martin Wallace wants my help playtesting some new stuff. So I want Sunday to be really, really busy, please).

Dave - I know YOU are coming; the ionvite was more for anyone else really

Old May 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
Enjoy! Are you a "paint 'em" or a "no way" sort of chap when it comes to Castles?
I would love to paint them but i have never attempted it and probably wouldn't have the guts to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers