Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maps by Darkmage7a

Wow, this is like a totally different map. Still jealous, too.

OK, these are my initial thoughts, but I'd like to actually get a game on the current version before altering anything.

The pit trap is an idea to make that short route to the glyph longer (figures must stop on any glyph, so you can't just one-two onto the power glyph).

The white lines... So I was thinking about moving the SZs to the adjacent shadow tiles and lifting up the t-glyphs with the sand and rock one-hexes, then stealing the water tiles and putting them on the outside next to the power glyphs to the benefit of double space figures.

The blue lines are where I'd like to playtest the outcroups at to see if they cover the SZ at all.
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That map is so much different from the first, I would just consider it a new map.
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
That map is so much different from the first, I would just consider it a new map.
Hmmm... In retrospect, I think your right. I guess I didn't notice becuase I was dealing with all the small changes a little at a time. Yet, it does add up doesn't it.
Perhaps this was the more subtle version everyone was asking for?
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
The blue lines are where I'd like to playtest the outcroups at to see if they cover the SZ at all.
I moved them out under consideration of Gamebear's and Doc's commentary. (emphasis mine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
Movement blockers bordering gaps also favor range. Example: a figure with range 6 just outside the start zone can attack the middle grass hex; a figure on that hex would have to move 8 spaces (ignoring water and elevation changes) to engage that attacker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yep. I really like the concept, but it needs some work. Just narrowing the right-hand rivers (perhaps giving a shadow path across them) and sliding the LoS blockers out to the middle of the central junctions on the map would be a huge improvement. I'd also like to see glyphs on both sides of the map, to encourage people to try to fight on multiple fronts.
(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
The white lines... So I was thinking about moving the SZs to the adjacent shadow tiles and lifting up the t-glyphs with the sand and rock one-hexes, then stealing the water tiles and putting them on the outside next to the power glyphs to the benefit of double space figures.
I'm not sure about moving the single rock and sand, they are color-coded for SZ purposes. I can see what your saying though. I could move that water hex to the outsidedge next to the power glyph. However, I think I might go one step further and slide the glyph out also.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; January 25th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wasn't suggesting that you make a third version more similar to the original, just that the second version should be it's own map.

But overall, all three are nice. The third is my favorite.

It's nice to be back on the site and hear from everyone again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios