Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 26th, 2006, 01:30 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thanks for posting the Shelf pic again, UD! Great public service.

(Did you happen to see my request/question about where is The Shelf pic on HSers? )
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk
I wonder how many castle sets that is.
If you are referring to the GC pic from last year it's a little over 4 sets.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This pic was helpful, I thought, when thinking about Wave 5....
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So it looks like these sams will be unique and we may see a couple heroes in that pack with them. Then 3 common packs.
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:39 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
You missed a label on the second amazon.

Does anyone else think that WHATEVER Hasbro call the small metallic quadrapeds at the back right of the Shelf, their name won't be anything like as good as "Warmadillos"? If there's someone from Hasbro listening, and they've got a different name, CHANGE IT NOW
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teruck
Why is the castle green?
The display at the ToyFair used colored lighting to add atmosphere to the set-up. The Jandar castle was blue/green. And the Utgar castle was cast red.

A very cool looking display all around.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
You missed a label on the second amazon.

Does anyone else think that WHATEVER Hasbro call the small metallic quadrapeds at the back right of the Shelf, their name won't be anything like as good as "Warmadillos"?
I guess they would be Armordillos.....

-Ski
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:13 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
so will the castle come with different generals flags or just jandars?
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Has anyone coined the term "N.I.L.F" yet? If not I'm calling it.

New figures I'd Like to Field

Old May 29th, 2006, 08:32 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
So it looks like these sams will be unique and we may see a couple heroes in that pack with them. Then 3 common packs.
I actually think the 3 samurai squad will be packaged with 3 gladiator heroes, similar to how the "Lawmen and Samurai" were packaged. Then as you said 3 common packs.

Old May 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Alright....for the purposes of transfering info to this site, this is what I think the new wave is:

Four soulborgs on the left end of the shelf....common squad of four Blastatrons, for Vydar. I'm very confident of that. Go read the Gladiatrons bio and you'll be a believer too. I'm thinking these guys will be pretty solid, with either good attack, high range, rapid fire, or something else that makes them a good pick.

Three white-jumpsuited women....some sort of "Charlie's Angels" based squad, for either Jandar or Vydar. Ranged. Possibly unique, but likely common.

Blue Samurai....clearly Samurai. Based on designer notes, they should have Counterstrike and at least one other power. Counterstrike is very powerful for a common, so I'm thinking this is a unique squad. Einar, although Jandar is looking very good too.

Right side of shelf, three figures in black....clearly Ninjas. Possibly unique, but likely common. Vydar, and the way they are dressed to me indicates that there might be something a bit "off" from a traditional Ninja. Maybe these are some sort of futuristic Cyber-ninjas? I'm hoping for a hit and fade power that lets them move before and after attacking, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rear right of shelf....four smallish cyber-animals of some sort. I think they look more like rats or dogs. Utgar, Vydar, or even Ullar would not surprise me....maybe robotic animals will be Ullar's version of Soulborgs? Melee and common I'd wager.

Next to the cyber rats/dogs, we've got 3 large-based wolves, with cybernetic items on them. Common for sure (wolf pack, anyone?) but the general is not clear....possibly Utgar, but Vydar is looking quite good.

Scattered around the shelf are three women in reddish purple dresses with melee weapons. Some have said these are heroes but I just don't see it. I think they are a squad of three amazon-type warrior women, for Einar or Ullar. They have varying weapons, but so do other melee squads like Tarn Vikings, Roman Legion, and MacDirks.

So you may ask what I think will fill the pack with the unique Samurai.....I think the three remaining characters on the shlef will fill that space. In the far upper left we've got some sort of gladiator, possibly with technogical enhancements. He's got a friend behind the right most woman in white....these could be heroes or a 2-member unique squad I think...probably Einar. 4 figures back from the row that has two white women in it is a figure wiht what looks like a gladiator's trident and net. I think this is an ancient-style gladiator hero for Einar.

So for packaging, I'm thinking the three warrior/gladiators are sold with the Samurai, then pairs will be formed with one from column A, one from column B.

A
-cyber-wolves (3 double based figures)
-small robotic animals (4 figures)
-Blastatrons (4 figures)

B
-Ninjas (3 figures)
-White-clad Agents (3 figures)
-Amazons (3 figures)

So pick whatever you like from B and match it up to something in A....no two from the same group will be together I think, as to date we have not seen two squads of four sold in one package, nor have we seen large figures like the double-based wolves sold with a squad of four.....it's just too much plastic.

Part of me wonders why we're seeing two unique samurai squads in back to back waves....but then I just shut up that part and squeal with glee.

So that's my read on it all.....enjoy.
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
One of the online retailers (I think its Entertainment Earth, but I need to double check) listed packaging information about Thora's Vengeance, although they were quick to point out that it was tentative and subject to change.

In any case, the packaging they listed was:

Ninja and Samurai
Gladiators and Agents
Soulborgs
Warriors and Soulborg

They also list the expected date as July 2006 so they seem to be on top of things.

If this information is correct, then the packaging would have the Samurai and Ninja together (that's easy enough), and the Gladiators would be packaged with the three women in white (also pretty obvious from the name of the package). As for the other two, one of the packs would have 'Warriors,' which I assume refers to the Amazon women, and they would be packaged with one of the three Soulborg, either the Blastatrons, the Cyber-wolves, or the Cyber Wardillos-things.

The Soulborgs set will then contain whichever two soulborg are left over. My guess is that the Warriors set would include either the blastatrons or armadillo creatures, because both of those are a 4 unit squad and we've never seen 2 four unit squads packaged together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion