Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 7th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Rules for the new C&C Tricorne: American Revolution by Richard Borg are available now here:

https://www.compassgames.com/downloa...final_webr.pdf

The game should be out this month or August.
My buddy Brian (Coltsfan76) just posted on our game group's Facebook page this morning that he skimmed over the rules for Tricorne. He said something about how it had elements from Napoleonics, The Great War and Battle Cry. Difference in having nation specific combat cards and an emphasis on retreat and regroup, and having a double retreat die face.

I'm sure he's going to get it, so I look forward to giving it a go sometime.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 7th, 2017, 09:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

True! I've just made up a quick list of 30 rules differences as I went over the rules for the first time. The scenarios generally require a few more Victory Banners than some of the other games, which I like!

Leaders are also very important. The dice have only one infantry face instead of two, so casualties should be lighter, as one is "replaced" by the second flag, which tie into the morale system. Its funny that Cavalry does not hit on sabers! Eighteenth Century battles should be different than C&C games for any other period, which is great. One poster who playtested with Mr. Borg said its a fine system that is lots of fun to play. The armies are asymmetrical in their unit types as well as in the different national Combat (Second) Decks. Richard has said on another site that the first expansion will include the French army, and 12 more scenarios.
Old July 10th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hey @chas , have you ever heard of a war gamer named Hal Thinglum? He uses to be a big deal here in the Midwest, and used to publish the midwest wargaming newsletter for years. Anyway, he just posted on Facebook about the Indian Mutiny and Sikh wars of 1857-58. With the help of David Bickley, he put together a list of figure (a long list) that he got and will send out to get painted (he's 70 and doesn't paint anymore). He plans on using David Bickley's rules called The Devil's Wind. Hal used to have armies for this but had sold them, and he regrets that.

Anyway, I figured I'd mention that to you since you seem to be into the lesser known military conflicts sometimes and are into history.

Old July 10th, 2017, 11:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

Thanks. Yes, I mentioned to you once before that I used to write a column in his magazine for years. Unfortunately, being old school, I don't do Facebook, Twitter, photos, or etc.
Old July 10th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

Thanks. Yes, I mentioned to you once before that I used to write a column in his magazine for years. Unfortunately, being old school, I don't do Facebook, Twitter, photos, or etc.
That's right, I forgot about that. I had finally heard back from him after awhile from messaging him when looking him up. It took him awhile because he was new to Facebook and taking a bit to get used to it. So we friended on there and so I see his posts. It's nice to be able to stay in touch and up to date with or interests after all these years.

Seeing how he doesn't paint anymore but still enjoys the hobby, it reminds me that now that I'm 50, I have only so much painting in me and need to get it while I can

Old July 10th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
just posted on Facebook about the Indian Mutiny and Sikh wars of 1857-58. With the help of David Bickley, he put together a list of figure (a long list) that he got and will send out to get painted
Guys.

If anyone can point me to a prepainted Sikh figure from that time period, I would really, really, really appreciate it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 10th, 2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: like, a lot. a lot of appreciating.
Old July 10th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

That might be a tough find DS.

Old July 10th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm going to try Terraforming Mars solo.

Old July 10th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
That might be a tough find DS.
Yes. I know. I did not just start this quest.

= =
Old July 10th, 2017, 01:35 PM

Hahma,

Tell me about it. My only painting for months has been two groups of 12 54mm figures, and soon another one.

Dadscaper,

What scale, Dad?
Old July 10th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Heroscape, of course.

TW brought us your good wishes when he came to our tournament a couple weeks ago. Thank you for thinking of us, and thank you for loaning us your Taeblewalker.

= =
Old July 10th, 2017, 07:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Got a new player into both Heroscape and zombicide black plague the other night. Much more fun to teach avid gamers how to play than people that dont play games. It lets the teacher have more fun instead of constantly teaching. Im going to give him a master set to teach his kids how to play.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games