Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News > Sightings and Sales

Notices

Old August 12th, 2015, 12:41 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Aug 10)

On a recent trip I stopped at the Target store and Walmart in Concordville, PA and also the Walmart in Gap, PA, and found 4x copies of the M:AotP game on the shelf in all three locations. To my surprise the ones in Gap were only $28.82 and not $29.82.

Meanwhile, of the four Walmart and two Target stores nearest my home in Cape May County, New Jersey, Mays Landing, Barnegat, Millville, and Rio Grande, 0nly the Walmart in Mays Landing had it on the shelf, which I had seen there ten days ago on Saturday, August 1st and reported in another thread.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 12th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Aug 10)

I just found it at the Target by Southpoint mall in Durham NC.
Old August 29th, 2015, 05:18 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Aug 13)

I picked one up yesterday at K-Mart in Santa Fe.
Old August 29th, 2015, 07:22 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I take a peek at the game aisle when I'm at local Wal-Marts and haven't seen it in any of them yet. My FLGS finally got it from their distributor last week.
Old August 29th, 2015, 07:32 PM

Salparadise is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I bought my two copies from my local Wal-Mart in Brownsburg, IN. They had 3 of them
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I take a peek at the game aisle when I'm at local Wal-Marts and haven't seen it in any of them yet.
Same thing in my area. The two nearest Walmarts have not yet put it on the shelf. By comparison with Target, it seems like Walmart's toy section has shrunk a bit. The board game selection is pretty pathetic in general.
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I take a peek at the game aisle when I'm at local Wal-Marts and haven't seen it in any of them yet.
Same thing in my area. The two nearest Walmarts have not yet put it on the shelf. By comparison with Target, it seems like Walmart's toy section has shrunk a bit. The board game selection is pretty pathetic in general.
~lol~
Ditto... I'm always at least walking through the Toy Dept of Walmart, K-Mart, Target, etc. every time I'm in one of those stores. Of the FIVE Walmarts nearest to me, only one of them (in Mays Landing, NJ) has the AotP on the shelf. On 8/01 they had 4 so I bought one and on 8/28 they had 6 so I bought another one. I'm guessing that they received two cartons of four each, so by my calculations someone else in my area bought the other one. I must find this person.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:45 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Aug 30)

I have been to Toys Я Us, several Walmarts, and several Targets in the same day. They all had 3 or 4 copies of Arena on the shelves.

Minneapolis metro area. West metro, south metro, north metro.

Prices were never above $29.99

FFG game center had it, and the price was $50 there.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 04:10 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Sep 1)

Several copies at Hastings bookstore. Not sure how big that particular chain of stores is.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:02 PM

Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Sep 3)

The woman at the Customer Service Desk at the Toys-R-Us nearest me had NO CLUE about what I was describing to her when I inquired about a week ago. Her response was, "We ONLY carry the Magic: The Gathering card game."

Old February 28th, 2016, 10:56 PM

Last week I noticed that the Walmart nearest my home had moved the remaining 3 "MtG:AotP" games to the Clearance Aisle, BUT the price had *NOT* been reduced yet and were still showing $29.82 when scanned.

Old February 29th, 2016, 09:19 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Last week I noticed that the Walmart nearest my home had moved the remaining 3 "MtG:AotP" games to the Clearance Aisle, BUT the price had *NOT* been reduced yet and were still showing $29.82 when scanned.
It's at ~$23 online and many of us have had success just pulling our smartphones out in the checkout line and being like 'its only this much online'

I actually got my Wal Mart editions at a slightly lower discount during the holidays

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News > Sightings and Sales