Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart
Re: Turtle and Anti-Turtle Unit Lists

Through my research with my Army Debate Series, I have been able to Update my current list!

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old February 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Update... It's been a while, but I'm getting back.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I don't think that it has been suggested yet, but the hive is the ultimate anti-turtle unit. If you don't go after the hive, it will just keep churning out new Marro common squads.

Since it can't move, it might also be the ultimate turtle unit.
I have never thought of that!
But I don't think the Hive is strong enough for Anti-Turtle because the trtle would send someone in to kill it, but you do make a point that it could regenerate squads.
They could send someone in to kill it but then it wouldn't be a turtle army now would it. If you can defend the Hive against their assassination guy...then they'll have to move that turtle thus breaking up their cohesion. Thus the turtle is beaten.
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:57 PM

bgraves321 Woo who?

What about Elves? I know that they've been added to the turtle side, but about anit-turtle offensives? When they first arrived, I was stoked to have more choices, and since then each time I loaded up a team with them, it didn't go so well, but I wonder nonetheless.

It seems that you really need some area damage ... like Jorhdawn's Rain of Flame. Or maybe someone's Shotgun Blast? What about taking Airborne Elite and praying for a good roll? With the Elite you have the advantage of not having to charge if your opponent has already assumed the turtle defensive. And even if you didn't use a grenade, three rolls of 3 against Raelin or another particular person could change the tide of battle and break down the turtle from the inside.

Yes. I did end up just asking a lot of questions, so give some feedback.

bg
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM

Unisus Woo who?

I just wonder, why everyone is so upset about turtling or camping - if i were a soldier in a war, and this strategy (and yes - it is a strategy) would be an option, i would curse the army-leader if he would risk my life, just becouse camping is boring - whoever has an option to minimize his risk without loss and doesn´t choose to do so is a fool.

Ok, but the game is no fun for some people, becouse they always loose against turtlers - so what to do against it?

If i had a friend who always uses this strategy to win, i would either tell him to look for a new opponent or make just the same army and wait for the whole game... i don´t think he would like to have more such games.

Another point is, that if you use different settings, a turtling or camping opponent could barely win all with just his strategy. How about a "capture the flag"-scenario where the flag is not at a high point? How about a race for one target in the middle? The only scenario a turtler will win without question is a scenario, where he has to guard a place which suits his strategy. A last-man-standing would be a draw, whenever the opponent of the turtler refuses to attack.

And last but not least - if you find games boring and slow, just because the camper just doesn´t do anything, i wonder if you use the round-marker - the game is over after a set number of rounds, and if nothing happened till then, it´s a draw - if you put some treasures in, which give some points worth at the end of the game, the turtler will always loose, becouse noone killed the other and the turtler did not get any bonus-points.

Sorry, if my English sounds a little funny (and please have in mind that i did not want to offend anyone - even if it may sound so), but it´s been some years since i used English more often than once in a while.
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:37 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

D1 has given us some interesting new options here.

Wyvern and Chainfighter-These two units disrupt turtling by removing key components like Raelin or Laglor, or bringing units like the KMA or Nakita's into the fight.

Phantom Knights-Stealth Flying 6+Insubstantial 7 practically guarantees being able to engage an entrenched ranged pod. Having a base Defense of 4 makes them able to survive most popular ranged pod Special Attacks (Queglix Gun, Machine Pistol, Autoload) almost as well as their normal attacks.

Torin-This guys plays for both teams. Turtling camp can start with the Zettian Guards, maybe add DW9K for a Range boost, or Raelin for a Defense boost and you've got a pretty defensible core. Anti-Turtling camp starts with any medium Utgar Squad and mixes in some Raelin. Suddenly Range 8-9 Krav, Nakitas or Blasts aren't so scary anymore.

Sharwin-Arcane Riposte helps her live long enough to get in range to use Arcane Bolt, which has the potential to bounce through a tightly packed ranged pod.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraves321 View Post
What about Elves? I know that they've been added to the turtle side, but about anit-turtle offensives? When they first arrived, I was stoked to have more choices, and since then each time I loaded up a team with them, it didn't go so well, but I wonder nonetheless.

It seems that you really need some area damage ... like Jorhdawn's Rain of Flame. Or maybe someone's Shotgun Blast? What about taking Airborne Elite and praying for a good roll? With the Elite you have the advantage of not having to charge if your opponent has already assumed the turtle defensive. And even if you didn't use a grenade, three rolls of 3 against Raelin or another particular person could change the tide of battle and break down the turtle from the inside.

Yes. I did end up just asking a lot of questions, so give some feedback.

bg
You make some really good points as does everyone else, for the record I will continue making additions and anyone who wishes to put forth some ideas Message Me or Post Here.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
Old March 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
D1 has given us some interesting new options here.

Wyvern and Chainfighter-These two units disrupt turtling by removing key components like Raelin or Laglor, or bringing units like the KMA or Nakita's into the fight.

Phantom Knights-Stealth Flying 6+Insubstantial 7 practically guarantees being able to engage an entrenched ranged pod. Having a base Defense of 4 makes them able to survive most popular ranged pod Special Attacks (Queglix Gun, Machine Pistol, Autoload) almost as well as their normal attacks.

Torin-This guys plays for both teams. Turtling camp can start with the Zettian Guards, maybe add DW9K for a Range boost, or Raelin for a Defense boost and you've got a pretty defensible core. Anti-Turtling camp starts with any medium Utgar Squad and mixes in some Raelin. Suddenly Range 8-9 Krav, Nakitas or Blasts aren't so scary anymore.

Sharwin-Arcane Riposte helps her live long enough to get in range to use Arcane Bolt, which has the potential to bounce through a tightly packed ranged pod.
Mmhmm. Well, now I seem to be behind on the other DND waves. Any suggestions as to what list they go on? Please post here, it's much appreciated.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:50 PM
has been BANNED

Sun Wukong costs too much!

Any noob reading this post would come to the conclusion that turtling is the best strategy? Why? Because everyone keeps talking about it and saying how much they hate it. Only things/people that kick @__ are hated like that. The more effective it is, the more it's "hated". Therefore, the turtling strategy must be very effective indeed!

As for some of you with gender hang-ups (misogyny issues?), like that guy who always plays knights and claims that anyone using range is "girly", I got news for ya: range wins tournaments. Oh, and I could easily crush an all-knight army with an all-"girly" army (the Warriors of Arseface). Funny, isn't it?
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:09 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Wukong View Post
As for some of you with gender hang-ups (misogyny issues?), like that guy who always plays knights and claims that anyone using range is "girly", I got news for ya: range wins tournaments. Oh, and I could easily crush an all-knight army with an all-"girly" army (the Warriors of Arseface). Funny, isn't it?
The first part of you necro'd post was fine; the above part is nothing but inflammatory. I got news for you: the guy who plays knights and claims range is girly is, by far (no offense to dok and dignan), the most sound and capable Heroscape player I have ever had the pleasure of playing. He also has impeccable character and is a great ambassador for this game.

The only person to use the term ”girly” in this thread is you. (and now me)

Are you purposely trying to stir stuff up? Because that is exactly what this looks like.

BTW, it is Warriors of NiceAshra.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; March 24th, 2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Is this Jason relocated to Canada? DAs Canadian brother?
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Wukong View Post
The first part of you necro'd post was fine; the above part is nothing but inflammatory. I got news for you: the guy who plays knights and claims range is girly is, by far (no offense to dok and dignan), the most sound and capable Heroscape player I have ever had the pleasure of playing. He also has impeccable character and is a great ambassador for this game.

The only person to use the term ”girly” in this thread is you. (and now me)

Are you purposely trying to stir stuff up? Because that is exactly what this looks like.

BTW, it is Warriors of NiceAshra.
Well aside from the fact that it was the thread creator that necro'd the thread Rye, I agree that the last part of that post is not only asking to stir stuff up, but it was also a waste of time to read and rather rude. If someone wants to play only certian units, that's fine, and they are probably pretty tough to beat given they have so much practice playing those figures on a wide range of maps as well as in many different situations. I know who we are talking about and I can't ever recall him saying that range is girly. He might make a few smart aleck comments about range from time to time, but I've never seen anything wrong or even slightly rude in any of his posts that I've come across. Heck I even took his advice at the last tournament I attended and ran Sir Gilbert and 4x Kows and placed the highest ever at a classic scape tournament. Sun Wokung, I really think that you should think about what you are about to post before you do, otherwise all your going to end up with is problems, take it from a guy that has experinced the harsh reality of posting before thinking.
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Sun Wukong = Troll

See also: Any thread with posts from both him and D.A.

~AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units