Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 18th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Goku (breathing)

I completely understand that. They could be called Fighters but the average Fighter is about 200pts. They could also be called Warriors where the average Warrior is about 290. We have more high costed Warriors than Fighters. Personally I think Warrior could work. These guys live for battle, their entire lives revolve around it. With characters like Thor at 430, these guys (at least Super Saiyan) wouldn't be that far off.
Old April 18th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like 5 spaces for Meteor Smash.

The other class idea I had is Martial Artist, but that’s kinda long for a class.

Warrior is doable, but I don’t really want to cost all the DBZ guys around Asgardians and the other Warriors, and I’m planning for the rest of the gang to offer some class based synergy to Goku & crew, which would be a lot of extra Warrior synergy if we go that route.
Old April 18th, 2021, 01:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I wouldn’t like Martial Artist. They’re way too anime for a term more grounded like that.

Being that it’s an unconventional kinda faction for C3G and they don’t really fit with other synergy hubs too well, I like them a bit sectioned off. I don’t know the source material so I can’t give a suggestion though.
Old April 18th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Only thing I can think of is an incredibly generic term like Combatant - not great.

Or just as a spitball, DBZ synergy could be something like “Saiyans and Fighters.” Goku, Vegeta, and the other Saiyans could have varying classes, while the lower-tier guys are Fighters. Again, not optimal (and some chances for non-thematic builds dominating), but that’s a way to give them synergy ties without putting them all in a single class.
Old April 18th, 2021, 02:16 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I’m fine with that, as long as Fighters aren’t overwhelmed with them.
Old April 18th, 2021, 09:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I’m not sure the idea that classes shouldn’t be team names is something supported by C3G: we’ve got classes like Titan, Rogue, Legionnaire, Dark Judge, Avenger (not sure who Vision is avenging, so I’m guessing the class is a nod to the team). That’s just a personal preference thing IMO.

I’ve given the Saiyans and Fighters some thought, and I’m just not sure it’s the best option. It’s inelegant for one. And Fighter synergy is minimal but really solid, so I’d worry it’d affect the cost of the less powerful DBZ heroes. And you run into some thematic problems with evil Saiyans or Z-Fighters who aren’t Saiyans but would be too powerful to throw in the Fighter pool (such as the Androids and Majin Buu - they’re main members of the group as of Super, so I wouldn’t want to close synergy off from them entirely).

I’m not saying we have to go with “Z Fighter” as the class but I think the benefits of using a unique class for the group outweigh the potential negatives. Defender is another class I thought of (there are 3 Defenders currently), but I’m not sure characters like Vegeta would really fit as a Defender.
Old April 18th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This may be a dumb suggestion but we have Kaiju. So what about Senshi, Japanese word for warrior, or combatant.
Old April 18th, 2021, 10:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If we're polling, put me down in favor of Z Fighter.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 19th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Archie

Good suggestion, but I think Kaiju is a recognizable word for English audiences. Other Japanese words not so much.

Updated the SP with Meteor Smash changed to 5 spaces.

Anyone have any other design thoughts or class suggestions? I’m still feeling Z Fighter as the best option after looking over the thoughts, as it seems like everyone is at least okay with it due to the lack of anything better.
Old April 19th, 2021, 03:45 PM
...has moist legs

I know nothing about these guys aside from general internet popularity, but Z Fighter sounds appropriate having never heard it before. But I'd still defer to those who know.
Old April 20th, 2021, 12:05 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

You don't need 'or Destructible Object' in Meteor Smash as all Destructible Objects are figures in the new rules (ones without sizes just have rules about not moving them and such now).

Super Kamehamhaha feels sorta underwhelming to me? Like it's mostly just going to be a thing you do if you can't / don't want to engage. I'm really only familiar with early DBZ stuff, but it seemed more like a finishing move type deal than just a thing you shoot off before you get next to someone.

IDK, to me it seems like it would be better as like once a round but juicier. But I haven't watched DBZ since like 2005ish outside of like one random episode of the new one with the cat guy.

-

On the Fighter / Z Fighter / Professional Fish Salesman stuff, I will say I really don't get the whole 'if someone's high on point cost, they'll disrupt such and such faction' thing in general. Like if Goku is 400 points, and Moon Knight and Spider-Man are 400 points put together... that should be the same thing. If one set of 400 points is somehow worth more than 400 other points because one of them is in one place instead of two that just means someone didn't cost something right, not that the value of 4 or 0 has magically shifted into some quantum flux.

But eh, whatever.

If we must quarantine them, I do wish we could come up with something better than Z Fighter because:
- 'Z Fighter' being different from 'Fighter' because of a single letter up front feels really silly to me. Takes some real special fighting training to fight a letter I guess.
- feels like if we're quarantining it would be better to have like a generic 'Shonen fighting person' class or something? Z Fighter is totally specific to this one universe which I've never felt is good practice.

What about Challenger? I have that on Battle Beast at the moment. Seems to fit most of the DBZ guys since like 'fighting strong people for the hell of it' is like right up there on the list for most of them motivation wise. (that's like all of Goku's motivation in the Japanese version from what I understand). And like they're also challenging bad guys to fights before they can blow up the world and such.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 20th, 2021, 12:19 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Battle Beast feels pretty anime, so them being in the same bucket tracks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library